1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle Tanks 8.80c Open Source

Submitted by P-Exodus
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This is the same map as this one on hive.

The content is exactly the same, with one important difference:
it is open source!

Nothing has been changed or edited compared to the released version. You can use any code from this map, you can creates mods of it without the need to ask for our permission. But we would still like to get credit, if substantial parts of the map have been used (as you can see in the code itself).

This is not true for the used models in the map however. If you want to know where we got the models from, take a look here.

If you have got any questions, ask them here our in our official forum

Keywords:
Battle, Tanks, War, AoS, League, Heavy, Air, Ship, Robot, Modern, Warfare, BT, Human, Weapon, Artillery, Bomb, Tinker, Exploder, BTanks
Contents

Battle Tanks 8.80c Open Source (Map)

Reviews
06:41, 4th Jan 2016 Ralle: BattleTanks open source! Wow!
  1. 06:41, 4th Jan 2016
    Ralle: BattleTanks open source! Wow!

2. shadow2632

shadow2632

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is a really nice detail from you uploading the Open Source of your map. The main issue Warcraft 3 maps face these days is the fact that they are protected and so they are very limited to their owners and their will to work/update the maps in the future. This is however fair for them it is their hard-work after all. However many times these owners no longer have time to update their maps, they are no longer interested or they simply delete involuntarily the non-protected version.

For this reason the majority of "cool" projects for Warcraft are stuck in a almost permanent freezing status, the owner is gone for whatever reason and their map cannot be modified since it is corrupted meaning the code for it has to be almost if not fully remade. Unfortunately for all of us, this has been the inevitable fate of nearly every custom map made for Warcraft 3.

3. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    +1 for openSource!

4. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    cool!

5. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Awesome! I thought this AoS map dissapeared.I played an older version when I was 12 ages,but this one it's totally different! Really,really good job!

Btw if you want to experience an awesome AoS map full of beautiful graphic designs and incredible spells,with a twist of a working AI system and super items,check my map http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/war-sanctity-272635/

6. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's interesting. Thanks for sharing!

7. Archimmonde

Archimmonde

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you guys know? This is secretly my favourite map.

8. WhiteFang

WhiteFang

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet!Thanks for this,I love it when maps are not protected

9. plazma019

plazma019

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I had this map since 8.58

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How do you upgrade your tank? The AI changes its after the tenth level.
    Fun nonetheless.
    4/5.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  11. P-Exodus

P-Exodus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  12. Altf40160

Altf40160

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I remember this map, I used to play it)
    I saw your open source, you spent a lot of time. Great job! It deserves praise.

13. Tridinar

Tridinar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey there, without any changes at all, when saving and testing the map just to see how it works, it crashes the editor, and gives a ton of errors by default.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What editor version are you using? There might be JASS errors porting on the newer patch versions.

15. Tridinar

Tridinar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi,
    Just the World Editor that comes with WC3. From what I read, I thought the updates allowed for a JassHelper plugin to help compile the maps. Is there a better editor? It's been a long time since I've modded anything.

Thanks

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have to update your game to the latest patch (1.30 and beyond).

17. Tridinar

Tridinar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi there, that's just it. It's been on the latest patch of 1.30.1.10211 for a while now. I see that some older maps no longer work, like Van Helsing 2.2.

Is there a different or better editor than the standard that comes with WC3?

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah... there were WEX and JNPG (or something like that).

I can load this in the editor with 1.29.2 and with 1.30b. I don't know how you have any issue opening this map.