• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MdlVis Crazy Rotation Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 41
There's a bug where if you try to rotate the bone that also gets scaled at the same time then it gets all weird. You'd have to rotate it first and scale it later, or create a parent helper strictly for scaling.
edit: okay nevermind, it affects all child bones of scaled bone, creating another parent helper won't help (lol), just rotate it first and scale it later i guess

Last edited:
Like you want to move the arm bone in some direction and whole arm rotates in different directions?
I had problems like that..
Yeah this I think. Like if you want to rotate a bone and after a few degrees (sometimes immediately) it just starts rotating randomly.
I assumed people would know what I mean because I've encountered this relatively often.

There's a bug where if you try to rotate the bone that also gets scaled at the same time then it gets all weird. You'd have to rotate it first and scale it later, or create a parent helper strictly for scaling.
edit: okay nevermind, it affects all child bones of scaled bone, creating another parent helper won't help (lol), just rotate it first and scale it later i guess
Yup, that seems to be it, thanks!

That's a bummer though, I'm working on a necromancer edit, which has a weird setup with three bone_head helpers one of which is scaled up in every animation.
I'm trying to fix some clipping so I need the scaling to see what it looks like -_-

Edit: removed the scaling and just scaled the head mesh by the same amount ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.