• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mdlvis texture problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, I have a problem with Mdlvis. I edited a model I made using Mdlvis and after I save it and use it ingame the textures show up all different. I didn't change or edit the textures at all in Mdlvis, I only touched the animations. Even without editing, any model I save with mdlvis ends up like this. Why is it doing that? How could I fix this? Below are pics that show the original texture and the messed-up-after texture.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Attachments

• mdlvistextureprob.png
    mdlvistextureprob.png
    202.8 KB · Views: 263
Level 1
With animations you can change texture colouring, you may deleted or added a sequence doing this.

Yes, but I said that I even tried saving without changing any animations. I tested to see if it still mess up the textures by just leaving it without any modifications and saving it with mdlvis. And it still does. I know it is the program itself because it does this to all files.

Thanks in advance.

Level 13
Well... I don't know... I am using Mdlvis too, and Magos and they work fine for me. Other solution can be that you go to File -> Disable "Normalize on load". Normals angle determines how light and shadows takes effect on the model. So if you open a file it may changes these angles. Send me both file and I'll see what could happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.