• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Magos and MDLvis ingame textures problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi, as in title i have problem with ingame textures, i recently got new laptop and was moving over all stuff and tools for mapmaking to it. After i was done i wanted to work on tweaks on my ingame model edits, but i came to kind a bit problem, thing is that for some reason both MDLvis and Magos stopped loading in textures( Warcraft 3 is installed and not copied). In magos i partially can fix it with opening mpq in browser, but it's very unconvienient. Does anyone know how to fix it? I moved from Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit on new laptop if that has any relevance.

Level 14
Probably because the tools have not been maintained for newer versions of WC3. Try extracting the textures somewhere the tool looks.
I have 1.27 preserved somewhere, it also worked on old laptop. If i need to extract textures to every model with ingame textures.... eh it will be tiresome. Does someone know how to make it work again? I will temporarily go on like that exporting the files but it's incredibly unpractical. So it's not solved
EDIT: I found a solution to both, putting MDLvis in wc3 folder fixes it(files not folder), putting wc3 mpq's to Magos does so for magos
So problem solved

Level 27
The problem with 1.28 is that Magos and MDLVIS only call to the old location of the textures, for example patch.mpq where are the merc heros can't load, these are now in the x.mpq. It won't be easier to find a way to edit the direction of the mpq's inside the programs?

Level 3
I have 1.27 preserved somewhere, it also worked on old laptop. If i need to extract textures to every model with ingame textures.... eh it will be tiresome. Does someone know how to make it work again? I will temporarily go on like that exporting the files but it's incredibly unpractical. So it's not solved
EDIT: I found a solution to both, putting MDLvis in wc3 folder fixes it(files not folder), putting wc3 mpq's to Magos does so for magos
So problem solved
I have the same problem that you had, for magos all you did was copy paste the mpq's into the same folder as magos?

Level 3
Yes, mdlvis needs to be in Warcraft III folder, dont replace storm.dll btw, cuz it may be outdate, better to along with newer one. And With Magos, try putting it next to exe or in data folders.
Thanks for replying!

I made a stupid mistake that i easily fixed i dident realize i was simply missing the textures. (lol)

Level 14
MDLvis's files must be in Warcraft iii's directory, putting in mpq to it's folder wont do anything, and if it's newer wc3(1.28 and up) put mpq's in main directory as they were in the past - they should be in that legacy folder). I have copied 1.27 for mapping and the tools to work, so i dont really need to do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.