• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Long time no see, a little texturing fun I had

Level 20
Thanks you guys! <3 It's partly mine, I snagged the original Thrall model, removed the wolf and started tweaking it just to save myself some time in the blockout phase.

And yeah totally, just like with my other stuff I do intend to release it, as soon as.. Well I can solve my stupid export problems!

Level 50
As I can see from the screenshot you used Thrall mesh from in game. I'd suggest you change it entirely, legs especialy as I find it's mesh looks wierd.
Nice looking so far, I would really love to see custom animations for him. Btw, is he going to be mounted or?

Level 39
Thanks Nightmare! :D I swear by Elune that it will all be released to the community!

post-43383-do-it-gif-Star-Wars-revenge-of-h5ES.gif

But seriously, we gotta get those problems of yours fixed man! You can't be holding on to these delicious models. Did you try using 2016? If you want I can try exporting for you, see if it works.

Ain't been able to try out 2016 yet! Would much appreciate the export help!

Quick lil' update.

View attachment 252666

the second I saw him, I wanted to make a texture for him as well.... So yeah, the day you release it, hope you don't mind I make a Mr.Goblin version of the texture? :D Your model and texture work are truely inspiring.

Level 20
Rigging rigging~

So hey, I've got a question for ya'll! Would you rather see me make a separate portrait model for Thrall, similar to what I did with my Mistweaver? Or would you rather I make the portrait from the game model? Adding the extra portrait would look alot nicer, but would add an extra texture and model, making the filesize much bigger.

Thrall_WIP_07.png

Level 50
Had to take a break from rigging for a bit so I started another one! Woop woop

Also don't mind frostmourne for now! It's just a temp image from google that I'll be using as a painting reference ^^

View attachment 253491
Nice. Are you basing him on the human ending cinematic or?
Edit: would you consider doing human captains mentioned in the campaign and their undead forms later?
Man, I can't wait to see you releasing your staff.

Last edited:
Level 50
I'm calling him Betrayal Arthas, as yeah I am basing him of the cutscene Arthas. It always bothered me how the in-game one and the cinematic one looks nothing alike.

No requests for now, I've been thinking of doing some footmen perhaps.
Eh, it wasn't a request. Sorry if it sounded like it. Just question.
Well, one could always edit it to a captain. What's the progress with the Thrall?

Level 20
So I've gotten Thrall all rigged and set up, started animating him and as per usual I've run into some bizzare glitch, I've not been able to track down which bone, but one bone in my rig seems to be causing Neodex to crash whenever it is animated, at least that's what I think for now!

Been able to get the idle animation out and working at least, so that's something!
Thrall_WIP_08.png

Level 20
I figured out the problem and am now making all the animations :D Any there any specific animations you guys would like me to add to this guy?

He'll have the normal set of anims that the old Thrall model already has, was thinking I could add a Stand Ready for him aswell.

The problem was keyframes located outside of the notes for some reason, this has been fine to export previously, however now if any keyframes are outside the frames Neodex will straight up crash.