• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Texture issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched all through tutorials and forums and I still havent found the answer.

Ive recently made a katana model for my friend, and I was trying to use a custom texture for it and I just can't seem to get it to work. Ive obviously applied a new ingame texture to it and it and the model itself can be found in the "Models" section.

But heres the problem:
Ive created my own texture from scratch as well as the model from scratch. Ive UV mapped it with the custom texture, saved it, and set the custom texture within the model.
I originally had the texture as a TGA (without an Alpha layer) and tried to convert it using the War3Viewer to a BLP to be used with the model.
But when I open the model with Mago's Model Editor, it says that the texture isn't a BLP. I tried to open the BLP, it says it isn't a BLP...

So..

I added an Alpha layer and tried to convert it. Same problem.

I opened another BLP, converted it to a TGA, Erased it to a blank canvas, Pasted my texture, resized the canvas, and converted it to a BLP...

Same problem.

"Not a BLP."

So basically, I want to know why this is happening. I'd rather learn to fix the problem myself, but basically all i want is the attached TGA to be a BLP.

Any help?
(Btw check out my first model in the "Models" section and give me feedback Pls!)

Attachments

• KatanaSkinAlpha.jpg
    KatanaSkinAlpha.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 118
  • KatanaSkinAlpha.tga
    121.5 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.