• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skining with ms3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've managed to correctly map my texture in ms3d at last..
Now how can I import the texture to blp format with War3me so I can import it into a map? When I opening an exported, from (and with) ms3d to mdx, model my TGA mapped texture becomes white blp texture (according to texture manager, thats the only texture i have)

Level 2
I didnt use any program to convert TGA to BLP, because anyway ms3d do not support blp, and if i use blp texture in war3me all maping progress will be lost.

But anyway, I use BLP&TGA Converter with SkullZed's GUI in all other cases.

Last edited:
Level 17
Are you trying to view your .BLP not in world editor? If so, use War3Viewer then go to Open MDX, (Modelname).MDX, Open It, Remap Textures, Change the file path to the BLP! If that doesn't work or you dont understand it, just import the .BLP into WE then change the path to Units/(Race)/(Unitname)/(Unitname).blp

Level 2
I aint trying to view blp =) I just dont know how to export them from ms3d together (assigned) with mdx.

oh... I'll try w3viewer now.

Once again.

There is an ms3d model. Map cordinates for TGA texture were edited in ms3d. TGA texture converted to BLP. ms3d model converted to mdx.
In w3me i changed white.blp texture on my mapped blp texture. Now war3viewer and w3me show normal textured model, but i cannot import it into my map because world editor cannot open MDL file. Instead of it green cube apears. I dunno what am i doing wrong...

Level 2
Nope... you mean, I must wrap TGA texture over MDX in "Milka"?

D'oh!!! I dunno what I am doing wrong!
For the 20th time I write everything in order that I making model.

-Create a ms3d model (Imported 3ds to "Milka")
-Made a material with TGA texture
-Mapped texture
-Exported model to MDX
-Converted TGA to BLP
**When I open model with war3me whole model becomes white**
-Import BLP texture via texture manager
-Edited material. (Chosen from "white.blp" to "texture.blp")
**Now model textured correctly**
-Resaved it.
**If I remove texture from folder that contains mode, then war3me shows error, that texture doesn't exist. That mean that texture is assigned properly (?)**
-Imported BLP and MDX models into map and set custom parhs for them
-Reopened world editor
-Assigned MDX model for militia
-And what do I see? (Couldn't open "custompath/mymodel.MDL) With greed cube of course

Last edited:
Level 2
The question is not about modeling. If I do not touch materials and let the white.blp stay assigned, map doesnt shows error about mdl file...

Level 2
Thanks anyway... I've just solved the problem. I deleted all custom pathes, exept textures path, and everything gone smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.