• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I got probs with importing my model into the map. Actualy, i can import it into map, but without textures.
I'll describe the way I textured it.

- Mdx model, exported from MilkShape 3d with correct joint animation.
- Ive made some materials in ms3d so material list wasn't empty in War3 Model Editor. But all materials in it had white color.
- I assigned materials to geosets in War3ME (As long as i cannot just change color from white to other in War3me as i need, i import bitmaps with color that i need.)
-I resaved it, and also saved it into MDL, but when i import it in map, thay say that mdl file cannot be loaded. (PS: When I was saving file to mdl, ive just removed character X in file extension and changed to L (so mdx became mdl))

PS: Sry for my bad english once again...

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Try importing the mdx before you change the X around? Adding the L instead of X doesn't convert it, you need a program to do that. So that's most likely your problem.

Level 2
I mean i didn't just change it by typing. Iv inserted L before saving, and War3ME supported that format. After all, mdl file is bigger than mdx nearly three times. But anyway I'll try to convert mdx with that program in sticky topic.

Ah... it doesn't work... i converted it but it's no use.

Level 2
World Editor says that it cant load mdl file. Even if i haven't imported it.

ooff... i try to explain once again.

Ive changed unit model to imported mdx, but anyway there is a green cube instead of my model. Withous materials in imports perfectly, but in that way my model is completly white

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Did you actually test in-game to see if the green cube becomes the right model? It's only a green cube until you save, close and re-open the map.

Level 2
I always resave and rerun the world editor (weu).

Ive just read that i need import blp skin with mdx... but... this must be in "texturing" part of forum.

There is another thing. When I use imported mdx model in object editor, world editor automaticaly renames path to mdl file, even if it doest'n exist.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

That's normal, nothing to worry about.

And yes, you have to import the textures used in blp format. And make sure they have the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.