• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

custom fade filter texture-size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi! I'm making a RPG map and i drew an overviewmap, that i want to be showed like in another rpg game (for example pressing "M" and the overview-map shows)
Well, i thougt it would be possible by using a custom texture for the fadefilter. Right now i can't find a way to get the map-texture work.

Its BLP, i use alpha-channels with RGB and so on... everything you need to get a texture working. (I already made working skins..)

Do you know what max size a BPL-texture can have?
I tried 1600x1200, 1280x960, 800x600 and 512x384

Then I extracted the Fadefilter-textures with mpq-master, but they are in a 64x64 pixels resolution and white. (althoug I extracted "Dream-Filtermask", its just white and 3kb sized)

I really need help with this!
(by the way: If i convert my texture from tga to blp, the blp is 0kp.. :(
dunno why)

Level 16
Hi, i've got some problems with this custom fade filter thing.

I have used a 512x512 image with alpha map and all that and looks like it should, but my problem is how to fade from black to custom filter to transparent. (with black faded before using custom fadefilter)

So: >Black< then Custom then Normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.