• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Learn GUI MUI, Guide ( V6.2) ) [RMX]

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Like I Promised .... by the voting .. i updated the MAP :D

This map is done to provide a better understanding to GUI MUI.

And also to help the beginners learn how to do spells.

Contain Heavy Comments and Read me :p.

You can learn GUI MUI indexing style, also learn how to improve them by recycling.

Changelog :

V4.0 :

-Reworked all the hard spell and added new features to it.

-Added a read me on how to understand MUI and everything about it.

-Made some spells more efficient ^^

-Added alot of new spells :D

-Added some very complicated GUI spells ^^

---Plz Rate and comment, hope you have fun learning ~~RMX~~

NOTE !!!

READ !!! : --- > V6.0 :

- Added ALOT ! of spells !!!!!

- Added one of my favorite spell ( Phantom Zone ) my own creation ! :D

- Improved lots of spells :D

ALSO ENJOY :D

Keywords:
GUI, MUI, Help, Spells, 4 easy, 2 normal, 1 hard, 3 tips and tricks, 1 recycled indexes, Rmx, wild, axe, summon, hard, easy, medium, flower, power, Ph
Contents

Land of the Free (Map)

Reviews
20 Oct 2011 Bribe: Deprecated in favor of Hanky's Dynamic Indexing System.

Should i update this Pack and include more spells :D ?

• Total voters
Level 17
baassee is on crack! :D

and baassee, recycling indexes is actually easy to learn if you know the indexing method we usually use. Yet some - I for example - avoid using it cause it doesn't really matter if you recycle frequently or if you recycle once all instances are done. Are you really gonna have 8192 instances?
Well the best recycling method is that used by vJass and which I think PurplePoot made a tutorial on.

Level 10
Well... Why don't you make the Thunder Strike a "Real" Channeling Ability? Based it from No-Target Channeling Ability (I don't know if there's any spell like that) Or Based it from channel that Channeling.
Just check if the caster order is "Channeling", if not, then stop the Thunder Strike.
Instead of add Invulnerable + Disable Attack, This is more simple.
And, for the Sailing Ship ability, sometimes the Ship is not appear from behind caster. Just make the Area of Effect to 1 or 0 and it will fixed.
For the Dummy, Why don't you Add the Ability with Trigger instead of Add it with Object Editor? It just weird for me...
And, Good Job for Tips and Trick Spell

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
Well... Why don't you make the Thunder Strike a "Real" Channeling Ability? Based it from No-Target Channeling Ability (I don't know if there's any spell like that) Or Based it from channel that Channeling.
Just check if the caster order is "Channeling", if not, then stop the Thunder Strike.
Instead of add Invulnerable + Disable Attack, This is more simple.
And, for the Sailing Ship ability, sometimes the Ship is not appear from behind caster. Just make the Area of Effect to 1 or 0 and it will fixed.
For the Dummy, Why don't you Add the Ability with Trigger instead of Add it with Object Editor? It just weird for me...
And, Good Job for Tips and Trick Spell

Great idea for thunder strike i'll fix it soon ^^

About the Ship ability, well It is wanted that way :)

And i add abilities to the dummy in the object editor, because while making the spell it will be much faster that way just to order the unit ^^

Level 10
Ok, although this may be amazing (didnt see it, but im sure u did a really nice job b/c of comments) i suggest you teach them using hashtables to make something mui since hashtables pose alot of advantages over arrays including storing handles, unlimited indexes and not having hte need to recycle it (atleast just removing the child or parent).

Level 4
Hey RMX,
i was looking over your code for stomping jump, and i realised u turned the collusion off but u didnt turn it back on =P

i reckon u can just insert turn on after the caster deals the damage... i dunno

Level 22
The new spells then

I first of all dont get at all why this flower power thingie does no

DAMAGE

please make it do damage cause it's so ridiculous to drag sleeping units and they dont wake up :/

I see no point nulling strings and setting them in the ITE function, pointless, why not having them as usual in the settings?

Else it's fine atm still I'm very disturbed by the abursdly option of no DAMAGE :)

The chain thinie then.

FINALLY A GOOD STONE FOR GOODNESS SAKE but a few flaws

the stone dont got any collision

can be casted at allies

got a small stun effect

else I really like how you trigger thought you have no documentation at all but the triggering overwhelms that bad point thought it's not good for beginners to view this cause when they get the basics, there are no more documentation in tthis pack ;)

regards

an old friend

~baassee

Reactions: Rmx

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
The new spells then

I first of all dont get at all why this flower power thingie does no

DAMAGE

please make it do damage cause it's so ridiculous to drag sleeping units and they dont wake up :/

I see no point nulling strings and setting them in the ITE function, pointless, why not having them as usual in the settings?

Else it's fine atm still I'm very disturbed by the abursdly option of no DAMAGE :)

The chain thinie then.

FINALLY A GOOD STONE FOR GOODNESS SAKE but a few flaws

the stone dont got any collision

can be casted at allies

got a small stun effect

else I really like how you trigger thought you have no documentation at all but the triggering overwhelms that bad point thought it's not good for beginners to view this cause when they get the basics, there are no more documentation in tthis pack ;)

regards

an old friend

~baassee

DAMN ! i forgot to send the newer version looooooooooool.

I just uploaded the fucked up version :p ... weird .. i could have sworn that this was the new one :p

Else .. thnx man . i will inpute some damage to make the units wake up :D

Also documentation isn't needed in those spells .. coz They have learned everything in the uper spells :p .. so there are just add ons :D

RMX as always... no documentation or tooltips. :D

Like i said .. the spells are just add-ons :D ...

+REP for you BOTH :D

“Shadowing” global variables with local variables no longer is possible.
• Fixed a type conversion dealing with operators (i.e. adding a handle with an integer)
• Added the ability to store hashtable handles in a hashtable
• Added getSpellTargetX and getSpellTargetY natives
• Added a new base handle type “Agent” of which many types now extend from.
• Added a SaveAgentHandle native which can be used for saving most handle types
• Added a JASS optimization dealing with global variable change events.
• Increased max map file size from 4MB to 8MB.

<taken from main page> i was right! =o

Rmx

Rmx

Level 19
<taken from main page> i was right! =o

Fixed .. but not gonna update it .. until i fix few more things :D

BTW +REP :D

What does "shadowing" mean? ;)

Means overwriting the global .. it will become local , you can only use one Shadow in each trigger :D

ROFL the Thunder Strike spell is actually harder than the knockback, hmm nice! I learned something new about knockback ^^

Glad you leaned something ... important that the knockback slows and reaches very minimal speed before the knockbacked unit stops ... or it will be just sliding :D

Level 3
rmx help me :D i looked for that 100 times... i set cooldown in skill editor but in game cooldown is 0-1sec ;/
did you add a reset cooldown in the trigger?

Level 2
This is soo great, thank you very much :grin: I wish I could give you 1000000 rep but i don't hav enay to give atm :goblin_cry: You helped soo much mate, really nice tips and ideas.

I'll give you credits in my map, that's the least I can do for you pal :thumbs_up:

Level 1
Hey sorry i never really made my own spell but i like the aqua burst can u teach me how to do that 1 like send me a link

p.s Im noob at world editor ;o

Level 4
you are my hero RMX .... i never thought about something like MUI , but there is just 1 thing missing ... how to make a 3-Level-Typ-Spell with a trigger.
maybe you could add this in a new map ? would be so awesome :D
and where the hell is your 'MASS HOOK' spell ? is it in JASS or what ? couldnt found it.

at least ... very usefull trigger tutorial and very good for beginners like me

wow this is freeekan uber man holy shit.

iv seen some awsome trigger maps in this site. this is in the top few favs of mine. IMO

thank you for dedicating so much of your time into gaining this knowlage over a long period of time and giving it to us in no time. especially because its free!

9.5/10

tiny bit more documentations nice, your supposed to ramble at us while making it.