1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Learn GUI MUI, Guide ( V6.2) ) [RMX]

Submitted by Rmx
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Like I Promised .... by the voting .. i updated the MAP :D

This map is done to provide a better understanding to GUI MUI.

And also to help the beginners learn how to do spells.

Contain Heavy Comments and Read me :p.

You can learn GUI MUI indexing style, also learn how to improve them by recycling.

Changelog :

V4.0 :

-Reworked all the hard spell and added new features to it.

-Added a read me on how to understand MUI and everything about it.

-Made some spells more efficient ^^

-Added alot of new spells :D

-Added some very complicated GUI spells ^^

---Plz Rate and comment, hope you have fun learning ~~RMX~~

NOTE !!!

READ !!! : --- > V6.0 :

- Added ALOT ! of spells !!!!!

- Added one of my favorite spell ( Phantom Zone ) my own creation ! :D

- Improved lots of spells :D

ALSO ENJOY :D

Keywords:
GUI, MUI, Help, Spells, 4 easy, 2 normal, 1 hard, 3 tips and tricks, 1 recycled indexes, Rmx, wild, axe, summon, hard, easy, medium, flower, power, Ph
Contents

Land of the Free (Map)

Reviews
20 Oct 2011 Bribe: Deprecated in favor of Hanky's Dynamic Indexing System.
?

Should i update this Pack and include more spells :D ?

1. Yes :D

95.7%
  2. NO, i like the way it is :)

4.3%
  1. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well in the next UPDATE ... you will see alot alot of changes ^^

But now it is some explained spells and some of them are not but the variable explain them self ^^

2. gunggang777

gunggang777

Resources:
    Resources:
    why this pack haven't approved?

many mods are busy D:

3. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Updated

Changelog :

-Reworked all the hard spell and added new features to it.

-Added 4 new spells - 3 tips and tricks and 1 Recycled spell.

-Added a read me on how to understand MUI and everything about it.

-Made some spells more efficient ^^

And much MORE ^^

4. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, Rmx it still lacks documentation in case it's gonna be a "tutorial-like" spell... it needs alot much more comments (learn from baassee's spells).

5. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh tought so, but did you look at the Read Me ? just in case if you missed them.

Thnx for the comment :)

6. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No I saw the read me, but it's faster to learn if there's a comment above every action/set of actions (and that has to be done in a neat manner)... no one wants to go to and fro between the Read Me and the Trigger itself.

7. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    thanks for that one :)

rechecking once again ...

-Review v2.0-

- Read me, leak teaching seems fine to me

- Fire burst still doesnt use his damage
    • Unit - Cause Fire_Hero to damage (Picked unit), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire

- rest of the bursts seems fine still didnt check them as I did the last time

- in your MUI guide read me comment you should change the MUI lines cause usally you just use the Index method to make "periodics" MUI since jass uses locals instead also you should mention kingz tutorial since your way of MUI is a little changed from the regualar indexing

- fire dash seems fine

- stomping jump got some what of a flaw, the destructible aoe and the damage aoe isnt the same still 50 range isnt much but in some cases it DOES matter

- some more explanations should be put around the parabola still I know you need to know maths alot to get that but some explanation for new scripters who want to make something with "height" cause usally they just rip off the parabola like me and dont get a shit (but I get it :) )

- wont go threw thunder strike

- in your tips and tricks you should mention that if you base it on mortars, remove the minimum range of attack so you can get the parabola in small ranges too

- in arrow shower ... well I hate waits but yeah you are right, you are just waiting for 2 actions that are instant + nulling but I think you made the wait wrong, maybe better if you make local integer and the call TSA(local t) cause I'm not sure about the wait there cause you are just waiting 3 seconds not waiting a local but you have to talk with seed about that

- dragon breaths seems fine

- bla bla bla recycle knockback, canät judge that really but it seems enough but not sure there either about the recycle method ...

alright thats it, I didnt deep scan cause neither want to nor having the time but checked a little. I think some stuff as the knockback recycle is brilliant if it works, I dont say that it dont work but I'm not really sure, cause then I have to calculate some maths and I DONT WANT TO :p

still you lack of documentation at many points as usual lool

and still you havent changed the casting unit but it's your style of triggering and I cant change that

thought of my down points you still have many good points but as it is a guide you should documenate more ;)

regards

an old friend

~baassee

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  8. Cheezeman

Cheezeman

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Jass NewGen Pack v1.5d

9. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @cheezman ....

Lol that was ages ago :p

10. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    edited my post ...

11. Deuterium

Deuterium

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    baassee is on crack! :D

and baassee, recycling indexes is actually easy to learn if you know the indexing method we usually use. Yet some - I for example - avoid using it cause it doesn't really matter if you recycle frequently or if you recycle once all instances are done. Are you really gonna have 8192 instances?
    Well the best recycling method is that used by vJass and which I think PurplePoot made a tutorial on.

12. baassee

baassee

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh I get the point thought ... ^^

13. Mage_Goo

Mage_Goo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well... Why don't you make the Thunder Strike a "Real" Channeling Ability? Based it from No-Target Channeling Ability (I don't know if there's any spell like that) Or Based it from channel that Channeling.
    Just check if the caster order is "Channeling", if not, then stop the Thunder Strike.
    Instead of add Invulnerable + Disable Attack, This is more simple.
    And, for the Sailing Ship ability, sometimes the Ship is not appear from behind caster. Just make the Area of Effect to 1 or 0 and it will fixed.
    For the Dummy, Why don't you Add the Ability with Trigger instead of Add it with Object Editor? It just weird for me...
    And, Good Job for Tips and Trick Spell

14. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Great idea for thunder strike i'll fix it soon ^^

About the Ship ability, well It is wanted that way :)

And i add abilities to the dummy in the object editor, because while making the spell it will be much faster that way just to order the unit ^^

15. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice i like them, the thunder strike one pwns

16. Diehard@Azeroth

Diehard@Azeroth

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ok, although this may be amazing (didnt see it, but im sure u did a really nice job b/c of comments) i suggest you teach them using hashtables to make something mui since hashtables pose alot of advantages over arrays including storing handles, unlimited indexes and not having hte need to recycle it (atleast just removing the child or parent).

17. darkreapers

darkreapers

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey RMX,
    i was looking over your code for stomping jump, and i realised u turned the collusion off but u didnt turn it back on =P

i reckon u can just insert turn on after the caster deals the damage... i dunno

18. constellcreate

constellcreate

Resources:
    Resources:
    A very impressive guide. I believe this is very precious to the ones who doesn't know to JASS and still loves map making lol. Very good 5/5

19. Rmx

Rmx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Fixed some leaks ...

Added a new spell called ( MASS HOOK ) ..

Check it out :D

20. eleljrk

eleljrk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This is great man! It helped me so much! :D

5 / 5 +REP and vote for Aproval!