• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KingVarianWrynn

Alright lads. Here it is. Varian Wrynn model made by me and Chr2. Hope you like it. It was started nearly year ago. So It is time to finally release it. It should be fully working. I might add soon hero gow, but maybe not. I was kinda inspired by the Kwaliti and his Ligh King, he does not have any hero glow or even TC. if you you, please give credits also to Chr2, without him, this would not exist. This model was gaved to me as a gift and it is additional model for the HoS compendium, something liek replacement for Defender of the crown, which was heavily damaged in the old compendium. The pack of HoS models will be released soon.

Read my descriptions of the models, please![/QUOTE]

Updated: ! ! ! About the shield...well I saw once artwork where Varian was battling some dragon and he was using shield. So I wanted to make him little different. (And also there is another Varian model coming from paladinjst using only sword and also no custom texture, so..thats about that...)

* - Now this is version wtihout the shield, I will make separate attachment and also upload the version with shield in the first comment under the model! !! And i will also make attachment point to his left hand for other shields.

Hopefuly someone will soon make some fittable icon.

On the screen there is no glow in the sword, fear not - it is there. Check in 3D or ingame.

Model has its own portrait, also fully working.

Not much else to say. See ya soon. There are plenty of new models coming from old Sellenisko ;)

Updated the face a little bit. It should look much better now. AAAAND! Also updated the texture for new version :D Sorry...my bad for the first time...
Updated Again: Added Alpha glow and changed little bit speed of death and animations. Also fixed the problem with star emmiter during decay animation.

Fixed the problem with the cape.

Keywords:
Varian, Alliance, Wrynn, Warlord, Swordsman, Guard, Hero, Human, World of Warcraft, Warcraft, Warrior, King, Dragonslayer, War, Anti-Horde, Blue eyes,
Contents

KingVarianWrynn (Model)

KingVarianWrynn (Model)

Reviews
12:31, 8th Dec 2014 MiniMage: I'm not sure why I haven't approved this yet, so yeah, approved.

M

12:31, 8th Dec 2014
MiniMage: I'm not sure why I haven't approved this yet, so yeah, approved.

Level 38
-Reserved

Added LQ texture to this post. Should be still fine tho.
Added shielded version too.

Attachments

• VarianWrynnLQ.blp
    54.1 KB · Views: 660
  • VarianWrynnFinished2.jpg
    VarianWrynnFinished2.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 1,834
  • VarianWrynnV1.mdx
    152.2 KB · Views: 589
  • VarianWrynnV1_portrait.mdx
    33.3 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Level 7
Tested, works in game. Everything seems to work well and the custom animations are fairly smooth.

One thing I somewhat disliked was the mouth. Kind of looks like he's doing a duck face, but it really doesn't affect anything. Anyways, I've always wanted a Varian Wrynn, and you've fulfilled that desire.

I'd give this a 5/5, but the duck face will lower it to a 4.5/5.

Also, may I ask if this is the start of the paladinjst's models you are finishing?

@chr2, you could've made the lion on it's shield golden you know.
Overall the texture is great. You've poured a lot of work into it :)

@Sellenisko, nice animations and the mesh looks solid.
My complaints would be the attack, respectively the death animations, those could be a lil' bit faster (it's just slow for me o.o).

File size seems pretty good as of now. Great job both of you :thumbs_up:

Level 38
@chr2, you could've made the lion on it's shield golden you know.
Overall the texture is great. You've poured a lot of work into it :)

@Sellenisko, nice animations and the mesh looks solid.
My complaints would be the attack, respectively the death animations, those could be a lil' bit faster (it's just slow for me o.o).

File size seems pretty good as of now. Great job both of you :thumbs_up:

Wel if you complain only about speed of animations, I think that could be handled :) iwill take a look at it. And the shield is pretty much combination of texture parts...that shield was not firstly intended.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

This looks great. Love his armor :)

Level 21
Everything else is great, except for the sword and the head. Change those and we can get a nice Warcraft III styled Varian.

Level 2
Good armor model. But you need to change the face and the running animation. When running, the cape is all wrong, you can see it when he is running. Other than that, awesome model.

Level 38
Good armor model. But you need to change the face and the running animation. When running, the cape is all wrong, you can see it when he is running. Other than that, awesome model.

1. of all... What is wrong with his face? Can anyone finally tell me? His face is totally fine. It was already changed and it DOES look as it is supposed to.

2. of all - check the animations ingame and not in the 3D model viewer on the model section, it is many times wrong - sometimes it doesnt even load some ingame textures and sometimes it shows animations wrongly - take Tarassque models for example - all of model viewers shows his animations wrong, but are they wrong? nope, they are just fine.

Oh and note for everybody Read my descriptions of the model, please!

Level 2
1. of all... What is wrong with his face? Can anyone finally tell me? His face is totally fine. It was already changed and it DOES look as it is supposed to.

2. of all - check the animations ingame and not in the 3D model viewer on the model section, it is many times wrong - sometimes it doesnt even load some ingame textures and sometimes it shows animations wrongly - take Tarassque models for example - all of model viewers shows his animations wrong, but are they wrong? nope, they are just fine.

Oh and note for everybody Read my descriptions of the model, please!

The model is nice I am using it in my game but the cape really does that in-game. Warps from side to side then running. You should check that yourself in-game yourself. No need to shout in big red letters.

Level 38
The model is nice I am using it in my game but the cape really does that in-game. Warps from side to side then running. You should check that yourself in-game yourself. No need to shout in big red letters.

I didnt wrote that red sign because of that cape. I'm just tired that most of the people are asking about things I have already stated in model descriptions.

Level 38
Hmm aren't those the animations from Defender of the Crown?

Yes. This model was made in addition to the HoS mode, which is going to be released pretty much ..well maybe today. I worked with Rommel theoreticaly about this one. I kinda repaired the old model of Defender and he was happy, so he gave it to me. There are going to be in time some other warcraft lore heroes for HoS compendium, like Queen Azshara and some others. I worked so long on this one to be functionall that I almost forgott where i got him.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Hmm aren't those the animations from Defender of the Crown?

Yes. This model was made in addition to the HoS mode, which is going to be released pretty much ..well maybe today. I worked with Rommel theoreticaly about this one. I kinda repaired the old model of Defender and he was happy, so he gave it to me. There are going to be in time some other warcraft lore heroes for HoS compendium, like Queen Azshara and some others. I worked so long on this one to be functionall that I almost forgott where i got him.
Daaaang... You think I would've noticed that!

Level 16
Well Kyrbi you dont have all the resources of the world, you can't just know/remember everything, and for such cases having a JM on the forum is usefull. :]

Level 34
I didn't enjoy his animations. Attack (non-defend), spell and death animations look fairly cool, but i think that quality of the rest is questionable. Also his face could use some more work on it.

Also the amount of animations and coolness of his armor is remarkable. Good work.

After putting so much effort and time into it i'd say you've got to update it just to fix those minor issues stated above :)

Last edited:
The head doesn't quite fit the model, but making custom faces fit isn't easy so I won't hold that against you as much as I would if it were a different flaw; I've never managed to do it right myself, not that I've worked with faces much.

Other than that, it looks great, and it's always nice when a model has a custom head so you don't have a bunch of significant characters in your map with the same face.

Get that head fixed, please, so I can give this a 5/5! Find someone around here who's got a lot of experience with faces if you have to; chr2 has done some great textures, but to my knowledge he hasn't had to portrait a specific face before; his past submissions haven't been specific characters, but rather unit/hero models. Trying to draw a face that both looks good and is recognizable as the person it represents isn't easy.

4/5.