• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

KingVarianWrynn

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
When I see Sellenisko 's new resources , i'm so glad to see that his works are getting better and better again . He's good at making WOW rpg stuff without custom textures .
so I decide to upload my old Varian model to support him .

this model was finished with in-game textures and the WOW animations .it has only 888 faces and he still be close to the original looks in WOW ...

contains:
1.attack sound
2.attack slam effect
3.whirlwind effect & sound
4.blood splat & foot sprint
5.portrait (with talk anim)
6.team color & team glow

update
add the credits of blizzard . for its great animations . sorry for my poor english so i don't know how to show the correct imformation when i use WOW animations .

Keywords:
King,Varian,Wrynn,Stormwind,Alliance
Contents

KingVarianWrynn (Model)

Reviews
Misha 22nd Aug 2013 Moderator's Review: Well.. First of all.. could you do something about his mouth and chin, whenever i see him open the mouth or speak, it just looks like a big derp, sillier than even WoW human. next thing is some...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
22nd Aug 2013
Moderator's Review:

Well.. First of all.. could you do something about his mouth and chin, whenever i see him open the mouth or speak, it just looks like a big derp, sillier than even WoW human.
next thing is some wrap flaws, like the lion-pauldron, sides of his chest armor, TC under his buttocks (lol), some wrap mess on the upper part of his boots, undefined feet.. and.. is the gryphon pauldron supposed to have something spiky-ish on the 'head' ?

next thing is animations, i kinda don't like how the spin looks he's kinda too.. hunched for a heavy armored guy, but i suppose that can't really be tweaked, or can it? Dissipate anim could go lill higher up. portrait talk anims.. Still his arms for stormwind' sake, lol. there's way too much motion for a portrait.. just head/neck/torso movement should be good.

so.. that would be all for now.. cheers

Level 4
You know, I was gonna say is shoulders look too big, his waist too small and he looks like his knees are slightly bent... But then i remembered that this is Warcraft and that's a screenshot at close up. In game however it looks fine and the only thing i have problem with is the stand animation; when you look at the rest of the models anims it more than makes up for it. 4/5 but i think that stand could be a bit less awkward, maybe move his legs apart like the paladin to make him seem less tense. On an off topic note its so bizarre that i just saw those comments regarding Sellenisko's stuff.

Level 38
Great work buddy. I was wondering when you decide to release it :D iam also making varian wrynn, but this time with custom texture and animations...dont worry they are gonna be pretty different :D i have totally different animations... I think its prety good use of ingame textures. Yet for varian there ar enot many i guess. i especially like use of demonhunter blades textures. Its a shame the colors are too...colorful :D if they all had darker tone it would be really epic stuff. But no matter what 5/5, definitely.

Just one thing buddy, if it uses wow animations, click on the "resources is not mine" and state that its Blizzard Entertainment. Its propper use if it has some part of wow stuff, like animations.

Level 18
First I though this model is pretty cool, but then I saw the Blizzard animations...

actually in the beginning of making this , i try to use custom animations but i felt it's not good enough with my skill . i always remember the king Varian in WOW games ... his "whilwind" and "herioc jump" so i used the WOW animations to fit his abilities in world of warcraft .
and i asked in the modeling fourm that if the WOW animations was against the rules or not . so finally i decide to use blizzard's .

Level 18
Great work buddy. I was wondering when you decide to release it :D iam also making varian wrynn, but this time with custom texture and animations...dont worry they are gonna be pretty different :D i have totally different animations... I think its prety good use of ingame textures. Yet for varian there ar enot many i guess. i especially like use of demonhunter blades textures. Its a shame the colors are too...colorful :D if they all had darker tone it would be really epic stuff. But no matter what 5/5, definitely.

Just one thing buddy, if it uses wow animations, click on the "resources is not mine" and state that its Blizzard Entertainment. Its propper use if it has some part of wow stuff, like animations.

i really want u to making a new version of Garrosh . and i also can't wait to see ur Varian model . it must be better than this one .:ogre_haosis:

actually in the beginning of making this , i try to use custom animations but i felt it's not good enough with my skill . i always remember the king Varian in WOW games ... his "whilwind" and "herioc jump" so i used the WOW animations to fit his abilities in world of warcraft .
and i asked in the modeling fourm that if the WOW animations was against the rules or not . so finally i decide to use blizzard's .

Well, nice try, but does not justify using ripped animations.

Level 38
i really want u to making a new version of Garrosh . and i also can't wait to see ur Varian model . it must be better than this one .:ogre_haosis:

I dont think so. It takes skills to properly use good matching textures from ingame, and even if you use good matchging textures, you need skills to properly wrap it and so on. Also making good mesh, animating ir or attach it to matching bones, oh god I know how hard it can be, and for wow skeleton hardest thing can be attaching it and also repositioning of bones. When I was doing valkyrs i thought ill go crazy before it works out! I tried hours before i finaly got the trick and forced the valkyr to move her feet as they are suppose to!
I can sometimes use good matching textures, but with Varian I did not even try to do so, i did not believe it is possible :D you proved me wrong... :D

So dont worry, my Varian will not be better, just different ;)

Level 18
I dont think so. It takes skills to properly use good matching textures from ingame, and even if you use good matchging textures, you need skills to properly wrap it and so on. Also making good mesh, animating ir or attach it to matching bones, oh god I know how hard it can be, and for wow skeleton hardest thing can be attaching it and also repositioning of bones. When I was doing valkyrs i thought ill go crazy before it works out! I tried hours before i finaly got the trick and forced the valkyr to move her feet as they are suppose to!
I can sometimes use good matching textures, but with Varian I did not even try to do so, i did not believe it is possible :D you proved me wrong... :D

So dont worry, my Varian will not be better, just different ;)

when i saw ur resources yesterday , i had found out ur talent with making this model stuff . it had great changes since you started to make wc3 models . and that's very important .
will u decide to make a new version of Garrosh ? i'm always lazy to do a new work . i wish u can do much better .:ogre_haosis:

Level 38
when i saw ur resources yesterday , i had found out ur talent with making this model stuff . it had great changes since you started to make wc3 models . and that's very important .
will u decide to make a new version of Garrosh ? i'm always lazy to do a new work . i wish u can do much better .:ogre_haosis:

Probably. But, there arent maky brown skinned orcs ingame, so i guess this time ill again need someone to make custome textures, but yes, i would like to make him, he is on my list.

Level 18
Probably. But, there arent maky brown skinned orcs ingame, so i guess this time ill again need someone to make custome textures, but yes, i would like to make him, he is on my list.

you can use the ogre or the campaign's orc texture with geoset color ...
the pants should be the orc warlock and Grom .
i had the idea with in-game textures but i always miss the time .
i think u can do it with ur talent .:goblin_good_job:

Level 38
and when will u release ur Zul'jin , HQ Sylvanas and frost Vrykul ? those are awesome too .:goblin_yeah:

Actually very soon, about the sylvanas and ohter vrykuls. But i wont be releasing zuljin, because since i started working on HoS model stuff i had acces for better resources, so i was able to create much much better model of zuljin and even in 3 different version.