• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 3
he hunter has a higher food limit wich mean he can stock more food and last longer without food. (food limit = 250)
the inventor because of his clever invention can keep his body warm for longer period and stock better body heat. (heat limit = 125)
the Shaman have more energy (mana) than other troll because of his magic voodoo and can stay awake for longer period (don't remember the bonus, maybe max mana=250)
the warrior because of his intense body training has bonus in health and regeneration, (don't remember either, :p )

The warrior loses a skill point though if you add regeneration and HP I like the Inventers and hunter's boost ^^

Does Plauge (From rats) + Coma = Death?

Last edited:
Level 20
Hey dude i got awesome news again!! xD
A long time ago i found some Forest Command Buttons and i used them on one of my maps...
I think it will be better if you use those instead of the ones you have...
So here are the buttons if you want to use it for your own map!!

-BTNAttack
-BTNStop
-BTNMove
-BTNPatrol
-BTNHoldPosition

I searched for a pack with all these so it wil be easier to download but couldn't find any sry =/
Anyway i can't wait for the new version!!
And i hope it's over before the 10th of December...
Because that's when schools open ;/

Level 2
When can we expect 3.7? I play JTR with 7-11 other friends at a LAN and the memory leaks cause really long save and load times. Plus, we really want to see fishing implemented. :)

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Good news

When can we expect 3.7? I play JTR with 7-11 other friends at a LAN and the memory leaks cause really long save and load times. Plus, we really want to see fishing implemented. :)

The Recipe System is almost completly implented into JTR (95% completed)
after 3 day (19,5 hours of work)...
Soon i will start the Fishing System wich will be done quickly (75% done already).
then after some little testing i will send all to Gadina for the launch of version 3.8 .

1) Now you will be able to craft items without wrrying about the position in the slots. This is true for hero ability and building ability. (true for 98% of recipe)
(2% of exception where slot is still used) --> like the disassemble items

2) when a single ability can craft multiple items it will try to create the strongest item first, then it will try the other in the strength order.

3) When multiple items are optional (in recipe: need A or B) the weakest item will be used first if there is one.

that's all for now, i am going to rest a bit tonight, and tomorrow i will complete it for good.

The Fishing system will be an active fishing system where player need to react in time combined with random chance to success and hero ability bonus.

Level 3
Did you check if you dropped in in a elevated ground? the rope could be inside of it and you could of miss looked it

ABM

ABM

Level 7
It DID NOT drop. It disappeared. We searched for it for a few minutes.

While i am doing the recipe change i will check the trigger about the rope, maybe there is a bug...
i will check and correct it if i see something wrong. Thanks for your report.

Level 3
I was right! Can't wait for the next version ^^ is there a chance that you can make a backpack system by 7.0? I can only gather\hunt at one time. Maybe instead of giving us in the start you can make it that we have to make it. 2 rope 3 pig\wolf\bear leather?

Edit: Is there a chance that you can weaken black priananas? It took me 3 deaths and 3 jumps to kill them and I cant walk over them so I had to walk around the swarm so fast + lots + Crit + Traped = DEATHLY

Last edited:

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Gad i confirmed that the rope thing is a bug, but i am correcting it right now with many other bug i found.
about back pack it can be done but it will depend if WEU support the Hashtable and i think it doesn't. and depending how it is done, it would affect the items stacking of "dangerboy" and the item recipe that i made +20 hour to change.
But i will think of a way.... anyhow if i successfully implent the equipment system you will have all inventory room for items and will be able to be fully equiped with all armor set and weapon at the same time.

i have to go, i will continue work on trigger this afternoon

Level 3
..And an Inventor would just use one grenade ;)
Yeah but I thought you said the classes were balanced so doesn't that mean they all should be able to kill them easily? :)

Level 11
No, that means that if you take them as a whole, considering strengths and weaknesses, they are balanced.
The Inventor is the only class who has area of effect, mass damage attacks (except warrior's Combat Leap). In addition he has the strongest ranged attacks.
Two other classes - Hunter and Shaman - can produce an army of animals. They can solve the need for another bag by using tamed or zombified antelopes, which they can even give to other trolls.
The warrior fights alone, but is really strong fighter, and has his own mass attack skill which can also be used for tactical purpose (surprising attack or retreat).

Rym

Rym

Level 3
Yeah classes are balanced...
each classes have their own unique advantages in every part of the game whether its their stat and attributes or class crafting stuff. Each class have their own advantage and disadvantage.
You just need to find a way to use each classes at its best.
Which makes the game more challenging.

Level 3
-Puts it for my wall paper-

Hmmm I wish you made a soloer class :(

I've been wondering (I don't think you'll name this though) Changing to the to Jungle Troll Tribe Reborn. They are still in tribes and it's a fresh new one I get that but I still miss the "Tribe" But I'm in no place to change the name

Last edited:
Level 1
While A.Dominion is making some advanced triggers, I just made a poster for Troll fans :)

hi gad,
nice to hear what you two working on this map, I really hope you put a weather change notification, text or any.. so any low video card user like me still know what's going on, especially for a newbie..

Warrior is damn powerful..

next version looks promising, hoping we have 'kunkka-like' for loadingscreen like dota does (no offense gad, we love you :thumbs_up:)

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Done....

ok Gad have the updated map now...

i would have needed at least a day or two more...
but recipe system should be working fine.
fishing system i really don't know, i corrected a last minute bug, but i didn't had time to really test it correctly. New version should be avaiable soon.
since this was a huge patch there might be hundred's of minor typo or little things to change or adapt.

I will start again update and correction as soon as Gad release the new version and send me a copy.

Level 3
Giant Shell shows "2 Deer skin" Tooptip wrong but very big

Also whjen you make cake it says "You have made old trolls cake in the Cauldron"

When I was on my boat and when I got out a crab hit my boat and made it move to the waters.... now I lost a flame thrower 2 fuel 1 stone troll hut 2 mana stones and 20 meat stews can you fix it?

Level 20
Hey guys, how is the map going? is it going to be finished soon? :p
I have found this awesome system on thw spells section!! Custom Inventory
And i think it would be a great idea if you could implement it in v3.8!!
(since v3.7 is almost ready ;p)
I took a quick look at the coding and even if im not an expert at vJass...
I can see that the coding is good and it's easy to implement ;p

EDIT:
Hey again!! i have found an even better system!!
And it also contains a custom inventory with up to 20 extra slots!!
(Check the first link i posted, it has been replaced with the new spell)
Also here is the link for the previous system (in case you prefer it)
Advanced Equipment System

Last edited:

ABM

ABM

Level 7
hi Xorkatoss
i finished my work on the map for now...

Recipe system should be flawless,

i changed a bit the ammo system, now it will be displayed in the Food Section..
right now the food might not be refreshed when you pick up the item but don't worry all ammo from individual item is stored into a variable so when you use the weapon if it really has been charged the data will be refreshed (right now refresh only at loading weapon and using weapon).

the Fishing system is working, it is not completed yet and will need balancing, but it still work so i am happy with that for now...

Gad is working on the map and will probably release it soon, today if lucky, probably tomorrow, at worst monday.... ^^

so i am taking a rest right now and will think about deeper change inside the core system of trigger from JTR. (if some bug arise and need urgent help, i will try to fix them)

Level 3
Hmmmm what is the normal time each version comes out? 1 Month? Or it changes a lot depending on how much you add?

Level 3
I wish there was a non WC Jungle Troll that way you can perfect it Ah well does Whats your fav. troll? Mines Inventor-Warrior-Shaman-Hunter

Female trolls! Also an old and good idea, but I have came to conclusion, that additional classes are not actually needed. On the other hand, who says the trolls are all male? Huh, what if some of them just look male? I should maybe just put some female names as random character names...

I saw this when I was looking in the comments if you did want them why don't you make the exact same copy but with a female model? It wouldn't be too hard and I know some females play WC so they'd like the play a female charater just hope one tribe doesn't just have one females and three males

Is there any American JTR people? I only see Russian which I can't talk to them :( I only play with my friends and some people that do not know how to play or someone that goes "ITT IS BETTER JTR SUCKS" Which.... annoys me because they say something like "They should add more classes like ITT" It gets kinda annoying and I'd like to play with people that don't leave within 2-3 minutes

Last edited:
Level 11
I would add female classes which are almost like the males, but since that will cost resources to add models, icons, voices etc., it is waiting for future versions. And I would make female classes a bit different, having a bit less health and melee damage, but better speed and some skills. It would be a pleasure, I like balancing such things, but... It requires resources and we are trying to make the game run better.

There are players from all around the world... But the game needs more of them to be easier to find some good teammates online.

Level 3
Do you think the Inventers Flame thrower is a bit OP? It two hits a old wolf thats .4 of an oil
TRying too look for some in America :(

Level 1
'Sup guys,

I really really appreciate the work you're doing on this fantastic map. Since it's so great I really enjoy playing it, however when playing 3.6 the map crashes. I know you guys are working hard to fix this.
I was hoping you guys could release an early playable version of 3.7 so I can play it properly without crashing (and test it at the same time, giving feedback if I find something noteworthy). If you can't release an early version maybe someone can tell me the latest stable version of the map (without major memery leaks).
Thanks in advance, and again your map is really great.

Hank

ABM

ABM

Level 7
hi HankTheFries,
the next version will be avaiable tomorrow, i hope you will be able to play it without crash.
we try our best to make it stable but that's not an easy task...

Level 3
I've been wondering if you can add like a trading post in the middle you sell it to an NPC And it'll go to the inventory of the NPC. Someone walks in and can buy it for a slightly higher price then the sold say bear fur... sells it for 8 gold someone buys it for 10 Or you could put some kind of way (I have no ideas for making it) that tribes can trade without scamming just like real tribes

Level 1
LOVE the map!!!
I dont know if its a good idea but I think it would be good that each animal kind drops different meat and so there could be more recipes.

3.7 comming soon ... Cant wait ....

Level 3
The problem with that is that he'll have to make one meat each of every charater and stew thats quite a lot...

Level 2
Yeah guys so much of the core mechanics of the map had to be changed to reduce the delays / lags that bugs are constantly emerging where we didn't expect them. We've done an enormous job so far (by we I mean A. Dominion and gadina_prokleta mainly) that we haven't had the time to properly test the map yet.

Expect it in a few days (hopefully) if no major bugs delay us further.

Rym

Rym

Level 3
No worries guys, take your time...
Its better to wait for a good 3.7 than to have a quick new version with a lot of bugs.
^ ^ keep it up guys. don't rush it.

ABM

ABM

Level 7
well this afternoon we fixed some bugs that was reported by Vlad...
some of them pretty nasty.
the map is in Gad hands for polishing and doublechecking.
i think the time for release is very soon.
if Vlad don't report any other big bugs the time might be tonight or tomorrow...
^^

then we will have time to work on the next update....

Xorkatoss i will check the new update of Dangerboy system when i have time and see if we can add the new one safely.

Level 3
Yes it is just put on CPU for one other tribe
Also there is this glitch if you put (Well not glitch) the other two tribes (If you play solo) and then put on action then you get 300 starting gold if you bother to buy it thats 15 (I'm just guessing) Mana stones which would help a tribe a lot if you are trying to rush though I'm mostly a person that saves money till we have a revival thingy

ABM

ABM

Level 7
ok there are so more bug to fix...
so today i will try to do my best to fix it for tonight so Gad can finally release.
he told me that if i couldn't finish in time we would release friday.
so i will do my best.

tribe system (not really done yet)

there are only 3 tribes but troll can decide to leave their tribe and become "cast away"
all cast away belong to tribe 4 but all cast away are "solo" wich mean they are enemy with every troll and tribe, including other "cast away".
but a cast away can if invited decide to join any of the 3 tribes, so basically a player can go from team 3 to team 1 or team 2. the goal is to allow "solo playing" and allow "balance of team" if a team had leavers.

ok back to work :p

Level 3
I think I see a problem in that... say there are two tribes and they start fighting they each had 3 trolls one troll leaves on the first team and one joins on the other but it really was a plan to backstab the person that leave's team.... If you don't understand then I'll put it in a step by step

1. One of team 1 tribe member's leave
2. One of team 2 tribe joins team 1
3. The new team 1 person steals all of their stone wood supplies etc and gives it to team 2
4. The new tribe person on team one joins back team two

ABM

ABM

Level 7
Well even if the player was in team1 from the beggining he could do that...
But to join a team, you must first be invited by this team and you must not belong to any team...
wich mean you must leave your team and become outcast, and then if any team want to take you back they will send an invitation wich you will accept or refuse.
(by the way) you can attack friendly units, so it is still possible to kill a suspicious troll if he act crazy.

News: i just fishished working on the last bugs, and i did add the change tribe system, now the map is in the hand of Vlad for intense testing...
Lol the release have been postponed so many time, i hope it will go well and we will finally get the 3.7 released...

after it is released we will be able to work on bigger change because we will have lot of time to fix the bugs :)
these 3 days i only tried to make things work and correct bugs (exception with the change tribe add).

Last edited:
Level 11
Okay, Dark_Angel has also finished with his part of the job.
We are testing on Friday and if there are no major bugs, I will fix a few more minor issues and we should release on Friday evening.

I really hope we will have the time to play it too.
Me wantz, mon! Me wantz it a lot!...

Level 1
Yes it is just put on CPU for one other tribe
Also there is this glitch if you put (Well not glitch) the other two tribes (If you play solo) and then put on action then you get 300 starting gold if you bother to buy it thats 15 (I'm just guessing) Mana stones which would help a tribe a lot if you are trying to rush though I'm mostly a person that saves money till we have a revival thingy

But when the AI players die won't that be a victory for the players?

ABM

ABM

Level 7
When other tribes are defeated because all their player have died or left...
it just display a message to all other players that they died but it doesn't trigger a victory screen,
wich mean even after victory you can still continue to play as much as you want.

Also for solo playing you don't need to put AI in other Tribes, because you can still play if all Tribes are defeated. ^^