• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is Logic Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
flying spagetti monster, I've gone to that site XD

Proof?
PROOF??!

Everyone wants proof, even meeee ^^

Proof that everything was created from god, science says there isn't any proof that god exists, so, scientifically, there isn't any proof that everything was created from god.

I have something to say to science, i have a different way of proving things, my life. You cannot debate my life, becuase it's MY life. I felt god move in my when the congregation at the summer camp at Oklahoma said to stand if you want to give your heart to Christ. I stood.

I felt god move in me when the congregation at Collin Creek Churchi n Plano, Texas was talking about a leadership group, and i felt god move in me when my sunday school class teacher asked about a leader.

I FEEL god, i SEE god working in people's lives! People have DRAMATICALLY changed because of the god that is portrayed through the bible, which is his word, to change his word dramatically is HERECY.

My experiences, and others that have been shared with me, prove existence of angels and god. Nothing can disprove my experiences.
I felt the flying spaghetti monster move in me when my friend said "hey! puff puff give!"
I felt the flying spaghetti monster move in me when I got a lap dance from Candy.
I felt the flying spaghetti monster move in me when i was listening to michael richards.

feelings don't define much.

Level 27
flying spagetti monster, I've gone to that site XD

Proof?
PROOF??!

Everyone wants proof, even meeee ^^

Proof that everything was created from god, science says there isn't any proof that god exists, so, scientifically, there isn't any proof that everything was created from god.

I have something to say to science, i have a different way of proving things, my life. You cannot debate my life, becuase it's MY life. I felt god move in my when the congregation at the summer camp at Oklahoma said to stand if you want to give your heart to Christ. I stood.

I felt god move in me when the congregation at Collin Creek Churchi n Plano, Texas was talking about a leadership group, and i felt god move in me when my sunday school class teacher asked about a leader.

I FEEL god, i SEE god working in people's lives! People have DRAMATICALLY changed because of the god that is portrayed through the bible, which is his word, to change his word dramatically is HERECY.

My experiences, and others that have been shared with me, prove existence of angels and god. Nothing can disprove my experiences.
Wrong.
That's not proof. That's just how you feel.

If you want proof it's this:
There is something beyond our neurons,
That something is what actually feels and sees and thinks,
If that something didn't create itself, then it must have been created.

So either you are god or god's creation.

Of course this is all based upon the belief that there is something beyond the brain. You, I'm sure believe that.

Level 24
Heh, FSM ftw.

You know, "feeling God" could be written off as (mass) hysteria or a psychologically induced euphoria (both of which are wholly possible). I don't mean to say that you didn't feel God, but I'm explaining how what you felt could be possible anyways if you didn't.

Level 4
I know what i felt, it wasn't mass hysteria, it wasn't any crap. I felt something inside of me that was completely different from anything i've felt before, and i ain't no druggie!

My experiences are proof enough for me :p

Level 24
I know what i felt, it wasn't mass hysteria, it wasn't any crap. I felt something inside of me that was completely different from anything i've felt before, and i ain't no druggie!
I'm not saying it was, I'm saying that it easily could have been, which is true.

It's good that you're not a cynic that doesn't believe in your experiences... It's so annoying, thinking something is something else, and then going back and forth to prove what it actually is. In the end I usually turn the light on and move whatever it is that's bugging me with noise.

Level 24
Hmm. I'm not comfortable with this thread ending on the topic of how messed up I am. Does anybody have any opinions on anything that has been said in this thread (other than how messed up I am)?

Level 4
Oooh, other universes eh?

That's an interesting topic.

I guess there's nothing i know of against other universes, wonder what (if they exist) other universes do...and are...XD

Level 24
Of course it works in this universe.

Eh, if it works in this universe, that's quite enough for me. I couldn't care less about logic in planes of existence higher/lower than 3 dimensions, or in potential alternate universes.

Level 26
there's only one universe, seeing as the term universe is all of space and everything in it. to have more than one universe is simply impossible. there can be, however, more than one planes of existence.

Level 24
there's only one universe, seeing as the term universe is all of space and everything in it. to have more than one universe is simply impossible. there can be, however, more than one planes of existence.

I said potential, and as far as humans know, it is entirely possible (although not entirely plausible) for there to be whole other universes that are completely separate from our own.

Level 21
Indeed, as possible as the spaghettimonster. Sure it can exist, but to me it doesn't sound plausible.

That's very good, because if you believe in something, it becomes truth to you. However, that does not mean it's the absolute truth. We only got 5 senses which we can only use in an empirical way. Therefor, it's impossible to prove anything metaphysical so let's stop trying to do so... Some people believe in God, others don't, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Something on the creationist nonsense topic: Intelligent design is the same as creationism, but this time it's covered in pseudo-scientific dust, but basically they're the same.

Creationism is the belief that humanity, life, the Earth, and the universe were created in their entirety by a deity or deities (typically God), whose existence is presupposed.[1] In relation to the creation-evolution controversy the term creationism (or strict creationism) is commonly used to refer to rejection of evolution. The wide spectrum of such beliefs includes young Earth creationism holding a very literal interpretation of Genesis, while old Earth creationism accepts geological findings but rejects evolution. The term theistic evolution has been coined to refer to beliefs in creation which are compatible with scientific findings on evolution and the age of the Earth.

Creationism in the West is primarily based on Creation according to Genesis, and in its broad sense covers a wide range of beliefs and interpretations. In the 1920s in the United States the term became particularly associated with Christian fundamentalist opposition to human evolution, and several states passed laws against the teaching of evolution in public schools, as sensationally upheld in the so-called Scopes Monkey Trial. Evolution was omitted entirely from school textbooks across the United States until the 1960s. Since then, renewed efforts to introduce teaching creationism in public schools under the guise of flood geology, creation science, and intelligent design have been consistently held to contravene the constitutional separation of Church and State by a succession of legal judgements.[2]

Intelligent design is the claim that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause, not an undirected process such as natural selection."[1][2] It is a modern form of the traditional teleological argument for the existence of God, modified to avoid specifying the nature or identity of the designer.[3][4] Its primary proponents, all of whom are associated with the Discovery Institute,[5][6] believe the designer to be God.[7] Intelligent design's advocates claim it is a scientific theory,[8] and seek to fundamentally redefine science to accept supernatural explanations.[9]

As you claimed that Newton is a christian (but defender of Young Creationism) and the fact that you cannot see how the first 2 chapters of the bible are a contradiction to the creationism idea itself, make it appear to me that you're a defender of Young creationism and therefor a defender of Intelligent Design.
To me, the only acceptable Creationism is the "Progressive Creationism", but obviously you share alot with Young Creationism...

Status
Not open for further replies.