1. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Importing Models, Skins and Icons.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Tutorials' started by Traxamillion, Mar 7, 2010.

1. struna

struna

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool

cool, but what with models contains upgrades itself?
    like one .mdl file which include 3 - 9 upgrades? how to use them in game?

2. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    im not sure i understand what you mean by upgrades.

3. DMCfan

DMCfan

Resources:
    Resources:
    really thanks man i was trying import skins and i havent no idea how to do this before this tutorial

4. Mr.Pockets00000

Mr.Pockets00000

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am having a major issue with importing skins, for some reason even when i put in the path that they tell you to use it does not work, even after i save world edit and close it, and sometimes when it does replace the model's skin the model is just transparent.

5. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sometimes the paths that are listed are not always correct so to be sure i would check the path of the same model but different texture. For instance check two different abomination paths are right in case one is wrong. Also sometimes textures are broken or possibly named wrong via editing and is worth asking a knowledgeable skinner why something may not work after troubleshooting yourself.

6. BananaEater

BananaEater

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a question what if you have multiple .blp files and a single .mdx/.mdl file?

7. Robovision

Robovision

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi. I know how to import models for units and doodads. The same textures for units. But how to put texture to the ground texture? Because in object editor there is no option for ground textures and I can not find it anywhere. I as well used Google and searched in HIVE but all is connected to the same stuff I already know but none connected to ground textures.

So where is actually field for changing model for ground texture?

Thank you for answer

8. Hermit

Hermit

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    In Object Editor the 'Art - Ground Texture' field determines which ground texture (aka Ubersplat) appears under the building when it is placed on the ground.

Only ubersplats that are used as building foundations (by standard buildings) are listed in the drop-down list when this field is opened.

If the shift key is pressed while this field is being opened, any ubersplat that is specified in the 'UberSplatData.slk' can be used by entering its four letter code. This allows all ubersplats to be used, even those that are unused (e.g. LSDL, CLTS, NMED) or intended for abilities (e.g. HMTP, UDSU, NVOL). Custom ubersplats can also be used by entering their codes if a custom 'Splats\UberSplatData.slk' file is imported into the map.