• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Skins

Level 1
I need help with even downloading a skin or model..
Everytime it either doesn't download...or it a window pops up stating that the file is corrupted..
Why and is there another way I can download skins and models :?:

Level 1
Oh and I forgot ot mention that it also states this..
The file is invalid or currupted.

Thats the full thing

Level 2
How do I Import a skin that I made, for example, I edited the Captain model. So what do i put for the path?
i tried Units\Humans\TheCaptain\TheCaptain.blp, but it just stayed the same. :?: :?:

Level 1
HELP!!!

I need help!I have downloaded a skin and has imported it but the model look normal?Path=D:\Downloads\magmafiretauren\magmafiretauren.blp

It dont work :( plz help

Level 1
Edit the Computer AI in Funmaps

HI...

I've got a question, to be exact i need to know how to edit the Computer AI in Funmaps (e.g. Battle Ships)...
All i want is that the Computer buys weapons and attacks
by HIMSELF, like in a single player game, just that its a funmap. Please help me if thats possible.

btw.: I hope i didnt choose the wrong Topic, if i did "sorry"

Greetz Crook

Level 2
Terrain Help

I'm trying to import a special terrain made by SantoRiyo[ip]. Its supposed to go onto dalaran white marble. I used wc3 viewer to find the file name, but it doesnt work in or out of game.
What I found for path: ReplaceableTextures\TerrainArt\Dalaran_WhiteMarble.blp
If thats wrong please correct me.

Level 1
Help Me!

Okay i'm still stuck even after reading 8 pages of "how to".
Okay this is the skin I got.
TaurenSpiritWalker.blp
It's located here:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Skins&ID=3695

I've tried changing the path to stuff like this:
Units/Undead/Ghoul/TaurenSpiritWalker.blp
But it still doesn't work.
Could someone please tell me how to get it to work or just post a path that should work.
Cheers
-Husky

Level 1
Ahhh, didn't see that path in the Image Extractor. Forgot to load the other Mpq file.
Thanks dude, thanks...
-Husky

P.S: Yeah it worked... And does the path of the skin have to be the path of the actual unit its taking over (e.g for this skin it was in spirit walker) or can it be any?

Level 1
Hi again,
Umm i'm stuck on another skin. The path is meant to be (cause it says): Textures\Hero_BloodElf.
I did that but now I don't know what unit it has applied too.
Any help?
-Husky

Level 2
ok, i dont wanna bump a topic but... i have imported a skin into the map i am using as a test map for cinematics.. i got it in there and used the path it need on the download page.. but how do i apply it to the unit i give it to?? it is the ice mage (Blood Mage)

Level 4
Alright, I've imported the skins but I don't know what to change the path to and I don't know how to apply the skin to the model. :? Can someone help? :?

Level 1
I have the WarKodoBeast2 Skin, and I have been looking through the paths and I tried Units/Orc/KotobeastNoRider/KodoBeastNoRider.blp and nothing happens. I need a Riderless path. If anyone could help fin that path i will be very thankful.

Thank you in Advance!

Level 1
Can i have some help please?

Hi I am trying to import a skin and cant seem to get it.

The skin is the Shadow Phantom and i dont know what to put on the file path or whatever its called, could someone help me plz :?:

Level 1
Having trouble with a skin i mean i import into where it is,i think thats what i must do,and..i cant find it in the unit pallete on WE!{PLS help

Level 11
Flamdo... Even though this isn't the spells section, and is not really my area, you broke three rules through your post:

1) Didn't refer to the tutorial
2) Posted in caps
3) Posted before checking the stickies in the spells section!

Well, the third one is not really a rule, but the way you asked it, and because it was totally inappropriate... Next time you do this, you're warned!

~Daelin

Level 1
Hello i'm new on this forum. I want to load new skins & models in my maps but when i try to load a model, editor always say "can't find "*****.mdl" . I read the basic tutorial for models "how to import models" but it work with that model !!! (and only with that one) ........

Any idea ?

Level 2
im trying to figure out why in the world, when i import it, then i reboot wc3 editor, and then i place the unit it gives this green cube instead of the unit model,and it says wc3 editor couldn't find the unit model
please give an example of what path you would put it if u placed the model on the desktop, with screenshots preferably

A

A

Level 4
What now

I get all that the tutorial says to do, but how do i attach the skin to the model? and while questioning, how do I get models to use downloaded weapons?!?!?

Level 2
Hiya im sort of new to this site. I read the tutorial, so far the info has been usefull but i have encountered this corrupted alpha channel problem, i would like to know ways i could avoid corupting the alpha channels when im creating my skin if there is a tutorial on this already please direct me to it.

Level 2
skin importing

My big problem is that i dont understand "your skin's filepath". Because if i enter that c:\stuffs\myskin\myskin.mdl then i get a syntax error. If i enter that myskin\myskin.mdl than the file could not be loaded. Can someone explain importing clearly plz?

Level 2
I've been trying to use a custom skin on the blood mage model for hours now. I've tried using the model's path and adding a blp, I've tried mimicking the path in the file the skin came in, and I even downloaded the WC3viewer, which doesn't seem to support Frozen Throne models. So now I'm completely stumped. Instead of refering me to some crazy technology, can't somebody PLEASE, PLEASE tell me what path I need to type in, or what?

Level 3
can someone help? i read the first page, and peoplez say
that you need winmpq to get skins into roc. but i tried and and it didnt work.(downloading, i mean.) like all the other stuff. help would be appriciated

Level 2
I Can't read all pages so i ask now:
I Have read Import Model Tutorial in this site and i did everything like it says , But...
I Cant Understand waht i must do in phase 6!?!
There Says: Now you can assign the goblin model to a unit in the object editor. So What i have to do there?!?! help me plz!

Level 1
SKins!

Okay okay okay...I knmow get the skin thing....but I have one important question....can you change the skins path so it goes to another unit...example...I have two skins for a bloodmage and im want them both to be used...what do I do??? Do i set them both to the bloodmage path or can i get one on a footman of something???