• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Import sounds/music into wc3 from WoW

Level 6
Introduction
This tutorial is pretty straight forward and adds a nice little touch to any game of warcraft.

Things you will Need
1. To start off, if you don't have World of Warcraft you will not be able to do this.
2. You will need to download Magnos Model Editor which can be downloaded from http://magos.thejefffiles.com/War3ModelEditor/War3ModelEditor.zip
3. And last but not least.... you will need Warcraft 3 TFT.

Step 1:
Open up the Model Editor. Take a look up the top, do you see Windows? good, open that up and scroll down to the bottom and click on "MPQ Browser". Click on "file" and Open MPQ archive. Now find your World of Warcraft folder and open it(which will likely be found in Program Files in your local disk). Click on "Data", then scroll down to "sound.MPQ". Click on the drop down menu and choose the sound/music you want. When you have found it right click it and export it to where you want it.

Step 2:
Do you know how to import sounds? If not then keep reading.

Open up World Editor, have a look up the top with all the little icon and click on the sound icon (Hotkey "F5"). Then press CTRL-i and import the sound/music you want. Once imported (depending on what you are adding of course) you will add the sound. I will give an example using music: Under Music, i click on Internal, then i right click "ArthasTheme.mp3" and click on "replace internal sound". From there i just choose the music to replace it.

NOTE: By replacing the mp3 file you will not be able to retreave it on the map you edited it on. So make sure you are not planning on using that sound/music before you edit it.

Last edited: