• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Skins

Level 1
lol isn't this a skin tutorial? did you read it clearly?[/quote]

yes i have read all clearly. I am trying to put a skin on a Demon hunter but i dont think i can finde the right path. i have tryed with wc3 Viewer but cant still finde it :evil:

Level 1
Okay, I've got War3 Viewer now, but how do I get it to tell me the correct file path for the skin? I've tried, but I've failed miserably.

Level 1
can some1 please what i need to type? i have tryed with wc3 wiever and other programs but it dont work. What do i do wrong??? Mu demon hunter sill loks borring

Level 16
Doesn't help at all. I import a viollager skin thru
textures\
units\critters\villagerman\villagerman
units\critters\villagermale\villagermale

i have tried reversing the first unit name with the second and everything else, but the only way is to use the "second skin" way

Level 3
Help!

I have done exactly what you have said above, tried it on several different things, I have successfully imported the skin and changed file path, but I still do not know how to usethe skins! For one of the skins the unit path pointed to the rifleman, so i placed 1 and the rifleman dissapeared and only his coat remained, but this was not the skin I intended or previewed in the screenshot! Help please!

Level 21
If you've been reading, skins automatically apply themseleves to their models. An import to the path is all you need to do. WE may not show the skin, but it should recognise it in the game.

Sounds like corrupted alpha channels problems too with the skin, did you download it or make it yourself?

Level 3
Dled from this site i understand that the skin applies itself to the model in the path file but it wont work! the skin looked no different in game!

Level 1
hey iam new here :mrgreen: and could u plz tell me how 2 use WCIII viwer i mean show me it like this toturial... with pics'n'stuff?? i would b reallu happy if ya could put pics up with ever step finding the thing :D

Level 16
The only actual way I was able to import it was to make it as if it was another model. Yes that means exporting the model, mdl editing with the textures used, but it worked, but was friggin' painful. I think when I use layers in photoshop it screws the skins and they can't be used

Level 2
Arg...

I did all the tutorial said and i used the scarecrow.blp skin, I imported, changed its path to units\Creeps\Zombie\ZombieA.blp and saved the map...I got back on and looked for the zombie in the unit layer...a huge green box appeared saying could not load zombieA.mdl...I have tried over and over and even with different skins...i keep getting the same thing over and over again..WHAT DO I DO!! AHHH!

Level 1
Yo..I have a problem

Hi...I am new around here and my name is Alex...

I know that this isn't for models...But can anyone explain me how do I import models in my map....I rad the tutorial but i don't get it.

I want to import Tyrael....What paths i msut write for the blps and how do I know what to write...

PLS help me.....

Level 3
Problems with Imporrting

Listen ive got a mysterious problem...

Ive imported my Blp file (shock phalanx) and changed the custom path to the original skin.

units\human\BloodElfSpellThief\BloodElfSpellThief.blp

But the skin didnt changed so plz help me...

Level 3
man this is getting frustrating well see i downloaded Squall's Scary Crypt Fiend coz it looked so nice and gorey but well i got the mdl file but i cant seem to use it i imported it copy and pasted the path from the dl page to the Full Path Box but i just cant get my crypt fiend to look like the gorey new one

Level 2
Ok now this is my first time trying to make a custom skin work so go easy on me if I say something incredibly stupid. Now I read the tutorial about 100 times and done everything its asked but my skin wont work. So I wanna ask in the example, where was the Goblin folder located and does it even matter?
I'm trying to make the Deimos skin work and the folder is located C:\Deimos\Deimos\Textures\.
I've imported all the correct files and used the correct pathway (I think) but the it keeps saying Cannot load model Deimos\Demois\Deimos.mdl (even those its Deimos.mdx). Am I supposed to put the folders or files in a certain place?

Level 2
Sorry if ask, but... where is it in the game interface that must be imported the skin? I tried to put the file in all "Console" values but the result sucked and it was all messed up, you tell us how to import them and that's good but... how do we use them? -_-

Level 1
Ok, I've been Downloading Effects like the Laser, Goliath Rockets, and then importing them to the W3 Editor. I put them both in the Projectile Art box, but:

Laser - The Laser only appears when the attack impacts the enemy, not while it's traveling to the enemy, so it looks basically just like a blue line through the enemy I'm attacking.

Goliath Rockets - Instead of the Rockets shooting out of my unit, they shoot out behind the enemy, opposite of my unit, then towards him (The model should be shooting out of the unit, and then towards the enemy, not shooting from nothing behind the enemy)

Is it something wrong with the models, or am I doing something wrong? I'm new at this btw.

Level 1
Can someone tell me how to get custom interfaces to work. I imported the edited HumanUItiles 1 to 4, changed the path, but it doesnt work.