• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Skins

Level 3
1. THERE IS NO TUTORIAL FOR IMPORTING SKINS
-maybe u mean the tutorial for importing models
2. THE TUTORIAL FOR EDITING MODELS IS BAD TOO

3. mostly the path for the skin isnt posted, so u have
to ask the editor of this model or have to guess it

4. models are better anyway (easier to load in a
map/paths are given everytime)

5. moreover models take paths for normal units,
another reason why skins suck

6. if 5. is wrong plz tell me how to do it, that they
dont take pathes for normal units

Level 1
NEED HELP PLZZZZZ IM NEW

i downloaded spells for an ORPG map ssuck as hero selector and bags etc etc the only problem is that i dunno how to import them into one of my maps plz help! :(

Level 1
I need help here......i got the skin and the model right, everything seems okay, but when i play it there is nothing in the space of my model.When i say nothing it means a shadow that cannot be selected :cry: .
Can anyone help me?

Level 1
Maybe i explained it wrong, when i test the map, the model/skin did not came out, and is replaced by a shadow, which cannot be clicked..

Level 1
i just started my map about 3 or 4 week ago(its gonna be a VERY big map) and i cant get any of the paths right for the models im using. it is getting very annoying. plz help

Level 2
Hmmmmm.Well guys ur getting problems with the paths not importing the models or the skins.

(Thnx to the Knowledge of Ramza i'v become a pro)
(2 Ways to get a model working)

1:First open This tool its call Warcraft 3 Viewer....Then open the model on Warcraft 3 Viewer....After you open the model on this tool press CTRL+M when you press those 2 keys there will appear a little window there you will see the skins path the model requires....

Here is the tool if u dont know it....
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=11&sid=841807bb58bd5153ee01f4664504fe07

If you are a hella bad noob and cannot get the model working and didnt understand what i just said on the First Tip here is the second one but if you do not understand this one there is nothing we can do....

2:Second tip lol Open this tool its Call War3FileConverter....After you have opened this tool there will say Load File....Press Load File then Choose the model u want to get working and convert it into a DML after the you converte it into a MDL open the MDL model with NotePad after u have open the MDL model with NotePad go alittle b down there you will see the Right Paths the model skins....or change the Paths As the way u want.... Sorry guys But i cannot b more Specific....And Rememeber once we were noobs.

Here is the tool if u dont know it....
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=3&sid=841807bb58bd5153ee01f4664504fe07

Level 2
hello bro..
i'm very confused about importing the model.
i've write the custom path in the import manager like they said in the tutorial about importing the model.
(change filepath for (.blp) and leave (.mdx) like the tutorial said)
It work on the Art-Icon-Game Interface, but it didn't work on the Art-Model File. The model didn't appeared on the editor...
when i put it in the editor, it only appear in green-black boxes and there's some text said "could not load file : 'xxx.mdl'"

i'm totally noob about this...
can u help me? :( :?

Level 1
i opened the import file and did what the tutroial told me to do but they keep saying that it cannot load my file i tried another file and did the samething but the samethings happens.... it cannot detct my file. :cry:

Level 1
I have downloaded models. the models i downloaded are female warrior and panther tank. But when i loaded them into the import objective. only the icons work not the imported model. they keep saying that the it cannot read the importedfile must i do something to make it detcet the model :?: