• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #19 - Poll

Choose your favorite entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 50
thread_hive_logo-png.323627

ct_icon-png.311495
contest-png.311487
p_hash-png.311483
1-png.311474
9-png.311482

thread_poll-png.311518

icon-contest-png.335455

Turn one in-game unit or hero into its death knight version.
One portrait icon + 2 fitting abilities.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513
  • Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
    A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus by 5%.
  • Participating in the poll does not explicitly safe one from being disqualified.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!
  • 1st place: 55 reputation points
  • 2nd place: 40 reputation points
  • 3rd place: 25 reputation points
  • Judge: 5 reputation points
The three winning entries will receive an award icon, representing the winning entry.

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Consistency of the icons in the pack
Do the icons compliment each other well?/10

Blizzard style
Is the style similar to standard icons?/10

Concept
How qualitative is the concept, how unexpected and creative is the idea? Originality and uniqueness of icons are judged. How fitting are icons for chosen unit?/25

Technical note
Quality of color, composition, expressiveness, shape, definition, sharpness, clarity, shading, realism, proportions, rendering, details, materials./55

• Judgement: 75%
  • Poll: 25%

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall begin on 21st December 2019 and conclude on 30th December 2019 GMT (day is included).

Contest | Results

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
To be fair, @PrinceYaser did a fantastical job in terms of art however the images are too similar to each other in that there's a person or figure in each while @Ceterai made them, let's say, unique and I went with this last one.
@rept is at the beginning. It's a good start. It takes time to first get used to what you want to do and after to properly do it, so learn, experiment, have fun.

Level 32
I will be fair here, all of 3 of them are pretty creative on turning them into death knight. But i'm disappointing. For real.
Like why is this time we only get like 3 people.
I understand if you turn them into DK take effort but i was hoping like a lot of units can turn into it as well.
Hey you can even turn a chicken to death chicken with knight helm on top.
Just saying, i hope we get more amazing icons.
12410.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.