• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I will make you any spell - 100% GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Okay... let's test your skills, shall we ? :)

Soul Harvest
The caster will produce a sonic-wave like projectile to a targeted unit and once it hits the target, it will bounce towards another units in the area (think of it as Chain Lightning-like jump mechanism). Each jump will collect a "soul" which when the jump has ended, the projectile is then returned back to the caster and will heal him based on the soul collected.

Level 1 - Damage is 50 | Jumps 3 times
Level 2 - Damage is 100 | Jumps 5 times
Level 3 - Damage is 150 | Jumps 6 times
Level 4 - Damage is 200 | Jumps 9 times

NOTE:
- Each time the projectile hits an enemy unit, it will collect 1 soul, meaning if it collects 5 souls, it will heal the caster depending on the damage of the ability level currently casted multiplied by the number of soul collected
Eg: At Level 2, it collects 5 souls and therefore when return to the caster, it will heal him by 500 (5 * 100)

Misc:
SearchArea - 500
WaveSpeed - ((CasterSpeed / 5) * 3) + 500
Projectile Model - Abilities\Weapons\GargoyleMissile\GargoyleMissile.mdl
HealFormula - SoulCount * JumpDamagePerLevel

Last edited:
Level 33
WaveSpeed is the speed of the projectile's speed traveling towards the target, and bounce to another unit and returns back to the caster.

I said to you that the jump-mechanism is some sort like Chain Lightning, of course it bounces to another unit around SearchArea (500 AOE).

EDIT: Changed the WaveSpeed formula.

Level 11
Lol I can read the formula easy, by caster's speed do you mean his movement speed?

Like you want the wave to have different speeds depending on the casters movement speed?

I ll make the spell w a constant wave speed then we can change it, i ll make it easy to change

Level 33
The wave speed will depend on the formula, dude.........
Since the formula has 3 constants values and only the CasterSpeed differs, yeah so each caster will have different movespeed of wave

If it's too hard for you, well, nevermind :)

Level 11
I am almost done, just tweaking, I hope you'll like it :) it's pretty smooth (it isn't MUI though, but I could work on it if needed)

EDIT: Ok, I am pretty sure you'll like it it's a really cool spell (Nice idea btw). I have a question though, the wave is basically an enemy seeking missile, but I made it so it can actually miss (real physics, or close). If it misses, it will come back to the caster if it goes too far without meeting another enemy (it can hit enemies on the way back too if it hasn't bounced many times already).

The question is, should misses count as a bounce? Or if it keeps missing should it just keep trying?

Level 33
I am almost done, just tweaking, I hope you'll like it :) it's pretty smooth (it isn't MUI though, but I could work on it if needed)
I want it MUI.

EDIT: Ok, I am pretty sure you'll like it it's a really cool spell (Nice idea btw). I have a question though, the wave is basically an enemy seeking missile, but I made it so it can actually miss (real physics, or close). If it misses, it will come back to the caster if it goes too far without meeting another enemy (it can hit enemies on the way back too if it hasn't bounced many times already).

The question is, should misses count as a bounce? Or if it keeps missing should it just keep trying?
I don't want it to miss at all.

Level 11
Here is a prototype version, it is a little harder than I thought lol... Tell me if you like it, I know it's not exactly what you were asking for but it's damn close.

Tell me what you like/don't like, what to change, etc. I'll make it MUI once we get the whole thing right.

Attachments

• SoulHarvest.w3x
    23.3 KB · Views: 71
Level 33
Comments:
1. Why the wave picks up speed per hit of enemy unit ? It should retain its speed while initially cast it, flying towards target to target, and return it, all with exact same speed. The way I see it, the wave suddenly become so fast with each hit it made, what the... (especially when it returns to the caster, godspeed...)

2. I want it to follow exactly like Chain Lightning jump-mechanism. The jump count is 2 at Level 1, but sometimes when I cast it, it hits 4 units instead of 3, what's wrong ?

3. Sorry for not stating this earlier, but I want it to target unit, not point-target, sorry for this :(

4. I want this MUI.

5. I played with the MaxBounce settings in the trigger and I give the MaxBounce for Level 1 is 9, but all I can see it just bounces 2 ~ 3, why ?

The spell is pretty bugged I guess..

Level 11
I'll rework it tomorrow with the settings you said, I've thought of another way to do it (better) and will redo it from scratch.

The increase speed was just something I thought would be fun.

Making it MUI won't be a problem

I think about the bounces it's because it can't find a unit close enough to the missile (it checks the position of the missile not the target hit) but I'll check into it.

ThisPot, can i request a chain lightning-like spell that when you target a unit, its number multiply 2x every hit until its maximum jump number. reduce damage dealt by 10% per jump
Level 1- 100 damage per unit, 3 bounces
Level 2- 150 damage per unit, 4 bounces
Level 3- 200 damage per unit, 5 bounces

projectile: the Guard tower's arrow
projectile speed: get a little bit slower per bounce, from 1600
cast range: 800
search area: 700
please make a good name for it too.

Level 11
Hey Defskull, don't worry about the speed it was just because I wanted to make it easy to change, all you have to do (or anyone) is change 1 formula which I will show you where (extremelly easy, just begginer math). Also I found a much easyer/cleaner way to do this since you want it to be a target spell. I should have it done by today.

As for your request En Tropy no problem, I'll just tweak the spell I am making for him, but I will start after Defskull is satisfied.

If you have a specific base spell in mind please tell me so, or I'm just gonna use my best judgement.

EDIT: We are having a physics problem here, Chain Lightning sets all of it's targets on cast (not on hit), so even if a target becomes out of range after the spell was cast, he will still get hit (which is basically invisible to the eye due to the speed of "instant" lightning effects).

So I can do this 2 ways:
1 - Set all targets on cast, and the missile will hunt everyone that was in range of the initial target upon cast (the downside to this is if the missile isn't very fast it will take a while to get to each target, especially with 9 bounces).
2 - Like it was before, but then something that could bounce 9 times probably won't unless stuff are very close to each other (or unless we make the AoE bigger).

EDIT: Bam, works perfectly.

Try and find some bugs, I'll check for leaks too, but I don't think there are any.

It chooses targets upon cast, seemed more fluid.

EDIT: I'll can start on yours now En Tropy, can you explain more about the multiplying? I'm not quite getting how it multiplies while losing 10% power.

Attachments

• SoulHarvest.w3x
    28.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Okay, hello there ;)

I wan't a spell (probably a copy of War Stomp with diffrent ID) that will be named Mana Explosion, and when it is casted it throws anyone allies or enemies or neutral away from the Hero/Unit, it throws them like 500 aoe away or w/e you think is the better, but to catch them they need to be near the Caster, near like eh.. w/e you think is cooler to be near, like 100-200 aoe, or more/lesser. And the Caster starts recieving Mana, each unit the Caster threw away, 10 more Mana Points will be recovered every second, for example if the Caster uses that spell and the spell catches 3 neutral - 2 hostile and 1 ally the caster will get +60 Mana per second, but when the unit is attacked it stops recieving Mana per second. It has a duration of 30 seconds, if not being attacked within 30 seconds then it just stops having their use since thats the duration. Also, to cast this spell, there must be at least one Hostile, otherwise it won't do any effects.

If you do dat you got rep and w/e else I can do for you, please contact me for any stuff that actually can't happen by you, or if you have any other ideas, or if you didn't understand somethin, or w/e. But if you make it exactly as I said, the more sexy it will be ;) thanks

Level 11
Aaah I see, you mean have more than 1 missile out at a time per caster, ya I can change that but only if he needs as it would be some work.
Here if you cast another before the casted one came back it will remove it older one, I guess I should look into it, ideas on how to do it would help.

EDIT: I'll get started on yours Gregory it's easyer than the one I just made, will be quick I think.

Is it ok if I use the Bladestorm ID?

Also do you mind if I use Point or Custom values?

EDIT: Here you go Gregory, tell me what you think :)...

Make sure your walls are thick or units may go through... hehe (and that there is no pathability on your walls so units won't end up on top of them).

Attachments

• Mana Explosion.w3x
    22.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 33
1. Well, it's not MUI

2. If you want to it MPI, Players are ranging from 1 ~ 12, whereas 13 ~ 16 cannot be players, they are Neutral Hostile / Neutral Passive / Neutral Extra / Neutral Victim

3. It's not even MPI. Try put a Paladin Player 2 and order it to cast, the wave don't even move.

4. Well, you messed up my WaveSpeed formula... and you gave your own speed formula, which moves 16 range per 0.03 second making it 528 range per second which is fixed and not suit my request

5. You should kill the Wave, not removing it, because I heard rumors that removing unit will leak the game, better safe than sorry

6. The bug still occurs, when sometimes you cast, it will bounce 4 times and sometimes you cast it will bounce 5 times (whereas the position of the enemy unit is close to each other as possible) but it seems it has skip the bounce to +2 by itself making the BounceCounter end so soon

Well you can do better, just learn how to make MUI spells and you're good to go, remember, MUI~

NOTE: You don't need to fix it anymore, but thanks for all the efforts :) gladly appreciated

Aaah I see, you mean have more than 1 missile out at a time per caster, ya I can change that but only if he needs as it would be some work.
Here if you cast another before the casted one came back it will remove it older one, I guess I should look into it, ideas on how to do it would help.
It has another meaning too
Well, you have 3 units that have this same ability, all 3 units (by the same Players) cast it simultaneously and all the spells casted would not be bugged at all. This is MUI enough for me.

The way you made the trigger, it's MPI (remember, your trigger is not even MPI) whereas multiple units can still cast it simultaneously, but it is limited to 12 units (each 1 unit from each player) can only cast it, whereas MUI is not limited to any value at all.

Last edited:
Level 4
mai turn sir ;)

1) Manawalk
= Just windwalk, but the only diffrence, any second the unit is under Manawalk he will lose 80 Mana Points.
2) Target-Blink
= Just blink, but actually make the Caster need to target a Unit, ally or enemy or neutral, or what ever is Unit expect Air, and the Caster will blink behind the enemy, because it combines with spell 3.
3) Backstab
= Backstab, when a unit has this Passive, make the Addinational Damage (The green thing after dmg) and the normal Heroes Damage fuse and be doubled (x2) on the target unit. For e.x. if user has 58 dmg and 22 double dmg, the unit that will be attacked from the user of Backstab Passive Spell, will earn 160 Damage. And backstabs level 2 will triple the Damage. It is Passive Spell, means you don't click it it works always as critical strike, and also it has only 2 Levels. Something last for this one, when it is succesfully attacked someone from behind make the victim thats attacked have any of the bleed effects each time it is Backstabbed, you choose which, probably a Red Bloody one.
4) Mana Infection
= When someone steals from this Unit even a piece of mana from this Caster within 5 seconds after this spell casted, the drainer of mana will die. So for example, if someone uses Siphon Mana on my Unit and I use Mana Infection, the Siphon Mana's User will die, but Mana Burn or Feedback User won't die since it just burns mana from my Unit and not steals. Please, for this one, use what/ever method expect one that I need to put like ALL the whole spells like Mana Burn, Siphon Mana etc. for expection so it automatically regognizes which spell must be casted so the caster dies or w/e, cuz theres alot of spells in my map and I can't put them one by one.

OKAY THATS ALL :D thank you I hope you still take requests bcz its very important for me, if you also do it I will rep you and give you credits in my map

Last edited:
Level 5
Here you go Gregory, tell me what you think :)...

Make sure your walls are thick or units may go through... hehe (and that there is no pathability on your walls so units won't end up on top of them).

I think its awesome, the only thing, I didn't think you will make it so the unit will teleport these AOE away, I imagined you will make other way of Push-Back, but stills its awesome , thanks, for your advise too.

Well, you have 3 units that have this same ability, all 3 units (by the same Players) cast it simultaneously and all the spells casted would not be bugged at all. This is MUI enough for me.

The way you made the trigger, it's MPI (remember, your trigger is not even MPI) whereas multiple units can still cast it simultaneously, but it is limited to 12 units (each 1 unit from each player) can only cast it, whereas MUI is not limited to any value at all.
MUI enough for some spells, and not enough for some others. It's ok for the channeling ones as example, when the same unit can't cast it multiples times at once. But when you can, for example a Shockwave, it should work too if you use multiple times the spell at once. Here it's not MUI enough ^^

Also, MUI with good indexing supports only 8192 use of the spell at once ^^ But 8192 is a very high value. You'll have massive lags and the game might crash before reach it.

Level 33
Yes, MUI can also be executed in various methods such as multiple units can cast the spell without bugging it

And 1 more is, same unit cast the spell over and over again without bugging it

For example, a spell lasts for 5 durations and the cooldown is 0, logically we can cast is 5 times (or 4 times) but if we use a Hashtable, that would be a problem because that might overwrite the data but it depends on where the data is saved, either on target unit or the caster, even dummies can hold data too

But by using indexing, it's limitless (or should I say 8192) but you're right, that is a high value to achieve and with the recycling index method was introduced, the number could not achieve the limit of 8192 (it's possible... but not in this meantime)

For example, a spell lasts for 5 durations and the cooldown is 0, logically we can cast is 5 times (or 4 times) but if we use a Hashtable, that would be a problem because that might overwrite the data but it depends on where the data is saved, either on target unit or the caster, even dummies can hold data too
You can cast 100 times the spell, if it's a spell as Wind Walk just spam hotkey ^^

Hold the data on the dummy is the best way imo. If you hold the data on the target or on the caster, it will overwrite the data from the previous spell, except if you add some indexing system in the hashtable, but that complicate the thing.

Level 11
That's great info about dummies holding data, as a newb (a good newb) I never even thought of that lol... To tell you the truth it is the first time I do a bounce spedd, I can do MUI for most spells but it was a little more complicated for that one (though I think if I spent the time I could achieve it).

As for hashtables they aren't very complicated, would you guys suggest using a dummy over a hashtable?

EDIT: En Tropy what kind of map is it for? does it need to be MUI or MPI? I need to know before I start so I don't make the same mistakes as with defskull.

EDIT 2: CrackBam those spells are easy I'll do them real quick for you ;)... For your #4 request I will just make a trigger where you can add all spells that will insta kill when used on the target with the Mana Injection buff, you will add the abilities yourself as I can't predict how many or which you will have (it'll be real easy).

If you can make MUI on a spell, you can make MUI on every spells.

I always save the things on the dummy by using an hashtable, except for the channeling and the immolation like ones + some specials without dummies or anything else that need some adaptation.

The thing that seems complicated is the rest of the code, the MUI system is still the same.
Why would we use the same indexing system or hashtables for really different spells ?

Level 11
Here is a first version, I am not sure what the best way to check when a unit is attacked, the way I have here isn't very good so I didn't implement Backstab yet, anyone have any idea how to check when damage is applied?

Attachments

• CrackBamSpells.w3x
    21.4 KB · Views: 32
Level 4
That's great info about dummies holding data, as a newb (a good newb) I never even thought of that lol... To tell you the truth it is the first time I do a bounce spedd, I can do MUI for most spells but it was a little more complicated for that one (though I think if I spent the time I could achieve it).

As for hashtables they aren't very complicated, would you guys suggest using a dummy over a hashtable?

EDIT: En Tropy what kind of map is it for? does it need to be MUI or MPI? I need to know before I start so I don't make the same mistakes as with defskull.

EDIT 2: CrackBam those spells are easy I'll do them real quick for you ;)... For your #4 request I will just make a trigger where you can add all spells that will insta kill when used on the target with the Mana Injection buff, you will add the abilities yourself as I can't predict how many or which you will have (it'll be real easy).
1) Thank you very much I am happy you still take requests ;)
2) I already told you, make it for like all ways that drain-mana is used, but since its not possible then okay let me pick each spell my self for #4, it's okay.
3) I can't wait to see them! ty again :p

EDIT#1: Okay, I see the map is ready I will go test it when I am at my house cuz I am not at home now, I will check it about tomorrow and rep you if it works thanks btw

Level 33
As Vlad said, if you can make a MUI spell, you can make all of them a MUI spells too, just different method and some adjustment
Tell me, are you choosing Indexing or Hashtable ?

Don't use Custom Value because I heard that it's a bit outdated ? If you still want to use CV, better go for Indexing

What do you mean by this ?

If you offer a public service to create a spell, you should make it the best as you can, and "the best you can" is you should make it MUI with or without the user's request unless he strictly said "it's for singleplayer, no need to make it MUI.."
Well, if he/she doesn't say so, you should make it MUI, perhaps you can even post it at Spell Section ? Who knows...

I always save the things on the dummy by using an hashtable, except for the channeling and the immolation like ones + some specials without dummies or anything else that need some adaptation.
It truly depends on the situation of the spell, you are right

The thing that seems complicated is the rest of the code, the MUI system is still the same.
Why would we use the same indexing system or hashtables for really different spells ?
Because sometimes the Indexing > Hashtable ? I read this statement somewhere on this community... but forget where...
Nevertheless, both is acceptable when it comes to "making a good spell" with MUI and no leaks, thus choose your fate wisely (or you can master them both)

Level 2
I heard you're good at spells making, I will ask some too :D
1. Speeding Eliminate (It will set the cooldown of Caster to 0.40 seconds per hit and the Caster will attack the Victim 12 Times, each time the Victim will have a SFX of Blood until the spell is succesfully casted and Victim got hit 5 Times, also while Spell is casted both the Unit of Caster and Victim can't move, in Level 2 it will hit the Victim 10 Times and in Level 3 it will hit the victim 17 Times)

2. Mind Strike (When this Spell is casted, the Enemy that was targeted will start lossing 25 HP and MANA per.sec for 8 Seconds, and also these 8 Seconds the Victim will be stunned, at Lv2 the enemy will lose 50 HP and 50 Mana for 8 seconds + stunned)

3. Heart Strike (When this Spell is casted, the victim will lose: 1) 10% of his Health and 2) 200 HP but theres only 5% this Spell will succed and Cooldown is 160 seconds if it fails a Red Floating Text appears uppon Caster's head and says "Missed", on Level 2 it gets 15% of enemies Health and 400 HP now theres 10% this spell will succed and same cool down if it fails a Red Floating Text appears uppon Caster's head and says "Missed", and on Level 3 it gets 20% of enemies health and 600 HP now theres 12% this spell will succed, if it fails a Red Floating Text appears uppon Caster's head and says "Missed")

Last edited:
Level 4
Okay, tested it.. None of them almost works, please fix it.. Only Target Blink works aswell, I'll try to tell you whats the bugs, let me start with Mana Injection:

• Mana Injection
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set ManaInjectionBuff = Mana Injection
      • -------- Set all abilities that will trigger the kill effect from Mana Injection below --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Siphon Mana
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Slow
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Curse
              • (Ability being cast) Equal to Faerie Fire
        • Then - Actions
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\ReplenishMana\ReplenishManaCasterOverhead.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\ManaBurn\ManaBurnTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
Okay, well it made a bug to my whole map, now who ever makes Siphon Mana to who ever, dies, even if Mana Injection Spell is not even added to the Heroes Spell. This is the paste of EXACTLY how the trigger is in my map right now.

About Backstab: Nothing works, and I said 2 levels don't forget it, and nothing works cuz as you already said not ready yet so ^^

About Mana Walk: This Spell can work, the only current bug is that when this Spell is casted unit losses 80 Mana each second succesfully but when Unit has 0-79 Mana the Spell is still working, I wan't you to make it so it stops when it haves 79- Mana or either the Caster turns it off before he has 79- Mana Points, cuz theres no turn-off and I forgot to mention, I do now cuz you will edit it anyways I guess ;)

The triggers you gave me are:
1) Periodical 1 sec
2) Target Blink
3) Check location
4) Fix location
5) Mana Injection

Are they all important? I am kinda stupid xD so I actually can't understand which is important and which not, also don't forget to put two levels for Backstab and not one cuz I asked two, thank you.

Because sometimes the Indexing > Hashtable ? I read this statement somewhere on this community... but forget where...

Indexing > hashtable in execution speed since it's faster (less "( )")

But in indexing you use For each integer and in hashtable Pick every unit (most often), and Pick every unit has less limitations than for each integer if my memory is good.

Level 11
Hey En Tropy and CrackBam, sorry for the delay, I will if you guys can wait, I am in the middle of my own triggers atm (got a breakthrough) and I am trying to finish this system for my C&C map. So if you guys can wait I'll finish in a day or two if not sorry =X...

What I am doing atm:
ftedjb.jpg

Br0

Br0

Level 4
I'll try to help out here.... however I can't figure out how to do defskull's request.. everyone else's is nearly done.

EDIT;
Well, sorry for taking so long... kept trying to figure out how to do chain spells, and after reading a lot of tutorials on them... no luck... sorry Defksull and En_Tropy it is just too complex for me currently... maybe some other time I can get em done. However here you go everyone else :thumbs_up:

By the way I had everything done in about 10 minutes, but I spent hours trying to figure out chain spells. :goblin_cry:

Attachments

• requests.w3x
    34.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 33
Hey En Tropy and CrackBam, sorry for the delay, I will if you guys can wait, I am in the middle of my own triggers atm (got a breakthrough) and I am trying to finish this system for my C&C map. So if you guys can wait I'll finish in a day or two if not sorry =X...

What I am doing atm:
ftedjb.jpg

Trackables ?
Make sure you do it correctly as to avoid desync

Br0

Br0

Level 4
That's dummy units, not trackables... Nice use from what I see of the point of camera to move units to each player camera I assume?

Level 1
Sir, may I request some spells ? :p
1.A system that changes regular units' sight into a cone shape sight, also units can't see what in their back.
2.Spell's name: Faerie's dust
Effect: leaves behind a bunch of dust when the caster is walking. If the caster moves and leaves the dust create the shape of letter Z, the caster will have a chain lightning spell; if it's the shape of letter O, the caster will have a fire bolt spell; if it's the shape of a square, the caster will have a frost nova spell. Those shapes don't have to be perfect. This spell don't need to be MUI.
Sorry for my bad English. Thanks ;)

hmmmm

Hi everyone,

I am feeling like helping someone today! (weird right?...)

Anyhow I can make you a spell or system 100% GUI, you provide all the models or effects needed (or tell me which to use from wc3) and I'll make it work 100% leak free.

How about this

[Toggle]: leaves a trail of poison behind him that lasts for 3.25 seconds. Enemies caught in the path will be dealt 12 each second for 3 seconds. Continual exposure renews the poison.
Damage per Second: 22 / 34 / 46 / 58 / 70
:thumbs_up:

Level 11
I have to put this thread on hold as I am in the middle of my own triggers, but I will be back soon ;).

timberry:
System: It's doable but may cause game lag on a lot of units (don't know we'll see)
FaerieDust: I would have to think about how to do that

Jas.per: That's easy I can get that one done soon
PS: Didn't watch the video it's 7 min long... You have to say where you need me to watch lols...

Level 3
Uhm, an easy request:
Horror [E] - passive
Level : 4
effect : increase nearby friendly unit armor by 2/3/4/5 and decrease nearby enemy unit armor by 2/3/4/5
AOE : 300/450/600/750

i have to put this thread on hold as i am in the middle of my own triggers, but i will be back soon ;).

Timberry:
System: It's doable but may cause game lag on a lot of units (don't know we'll see)
faeriedust: I would have to think about how to do that

jas.per: That's easy i can get that one done soon
ps: Didn't watch the video it's 7 min long... You have to say where you need me to watch lols...

okay

Status
Not open for further replies.