1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I will make you any spell - 100% GUI

Discussion in 'Requests' started by ThisPOT, May 20, 2012.

1. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hi everyone,

I am feeling like helping someone today! (weird right?...)

Anyhow I can make you a spell or system 100% GUI, you provide all the models or effects needed (or tell me which to use from wc3) and I'll make it work 100% leak free.

2. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Okay... let's test your skills, shall we ? :)

Soul Harvest
    The caster will produce a sonic-wave like projectile to a targeted unit and once it hits the target, it will bounce towards another units in the area (think of it as Chain Lightning-like jump mechanism). Each jump will collect a "soul" which when the jump has ended, the projectile is then returned back to the caster and will heal him based on the soul collected.

Level 1 - Damage is 50 | Jumps 3 times
    Level 2 - Damage is 100 | Jumps 5 times
    Level 3 - Damage is 150 | Jumps 6 times
    Level 4 - Damage is 200 | Jumps 9 times

NOTE:
    - Each time the projectile hits an enemy unit, it will collect 1 soul, meaning if it collects 5 souls, it will heal the caster depending on the damage of the ability level currently casted multiplied by the number of soul collected
    Eg: At Level 2, it collects 5 souls and therefore when return to the caster, it will heal him by 500 (5 * 100)

Misc:
    SearchArea - 500
    WaveSpeed - ((CasterSpeed / 5) * 3) + 500
    Projectile Model - Abilities\Weapons\GargoyleMissile\GargoyleMissile.mdl
    HealFormula - SoulCount * JumpDamagePerLevel

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  3. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^
    Epic request is epic.

4. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Was eating, will have it done soon!.... (enough)

Can you explain the wave speed please? (caster speed?)

EDIT: Also can it bounce more than once per target?

5. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    WaveSpeed is the speed of the projectile's speed traveling towards the target, and bounce to another unit and returns back to the caster.

I said to you that the jump-mechanism is some sort like Chain Lightning, of course it bounces to another unit around SearchArea (500 AOE).

EDIT: Changed the WaveSpeed formula.

6. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I understand, what I dont understand is what the caster speed is

7. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's the formula dude...

Situation:
    Let's assume that the caster's speed is 500

Therefore, the WaveSpeed = ((500 / 5) * 3) + 500 = 800 movement speed of that wave.

8. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Lol I can read the formula easy, by caster's speed do you mean his movement speed?

Like you want the wave to have different speeds depending on the casters movement speed?

I ll make the spell w a constant wave speed then we can change it, i ll make it easy to change

9. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The wave speed will depend on the formula, dude.........
    Since the formula has 3 constants values and only the CasterSpeed differs, yeah so each caster will have different movespeed of wave

If it's too hard for you, well, nevermind :)

10. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It isn't too hard for me at all, it's just that you aren't explaining what the CasterSpeed variable is associated to, I am making the spell right now but if I should stop tell me? =o

11. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Naah, go on, as I really need this spell

12. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am almost done, just tweaking, I hope you'll like it :) it's pretty smooth (it isn't MUI though, but I could work on it if needed)

EDIT: Ok, I am pretty sure you'll like it it's a really cool spell (Nice idea btw). I have a question though, the wave is basically an enemy seeking missile, but I made it so it can actually miss (real physics, or close). If it misses, it will come back to the caster if it goes too far without meeting another enemy (it can hit enemies on the way back too if it hasn't bounced many times already).

The question is, should misses count as a bounce? Or if it keeps missing should it just keep trying?

13. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I want it MUI.

I don't want it to miss at all.

14. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Here is a prototype version, it is a little harder than I thought lol... Tell me if you like it, I know it's not exactly what you were asking for but it's damn close.

Tell me what you like/don't like, what to change, etc. I'll make it MUI once we get the whole thing right.

Attached Files:

15. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Comments:
    1. Why the wave picks up speed per hit of enemy unit ? It should retain its speed while initially cast it, flying towards target to target, and return it, all with exact same speed. The way I see it, the wave suddenly become so fast with each hit it made, what the... (especially when it returns to the caster, godspeed...)

2. I want it to follow exactly like Chain Lightning jump-mechanism. The jump count is 2 at Level 1, but sometimes when I cast it, it hits 4 units instead of 3, what's wrong ?

3. Sorry for not stating this earlier, but I want it to target unit, not point-target, sorry for this :(

4. I want this MUI.

5. I played with the MaxBounce settings in the trigger and I give the MaxBounce for Level 1 is 9, but all I can see it just bounces 2 ~ 3, why ?

The spell is pretty bugged I guess..

16. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'll rework it tomorrow with the settings you said, I've thought of another way to do it (better) and will redo it from scratch.

The increase speed was just something I thought would be fun.

Making it MUI won't be a problem

I think about the bounces it's because it can't find a unit close enough to the missile (it checks the position of the missile not the target hit) but I'll check into it.

17. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hmmm if you keep modifying people's request, it's no fun at all :(

18. Mythic

Mythic

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ThisPot, can i request a chain lightning-like spell that when you target a unit, its number multiply 2x every hit until its maximum jump number. reduce damage dealt by 10% per jump
    Level 1- 100 damage per unit, 3 bounces
    Level 2- 150 damage per unit, 4 bounces
    Level 3- 200 damage per unit, 5 bounces

projectile: the Guard tower's arrow
    projectile speed: get a little bit slower per bounce, from 1600
    cast range: 800
    search area: 700
    please make a good name for it too.

19. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Hey Defskull, don't worry about the speed it was just because I wanted to make it easy to change, all you have to do (or anyone) is change 1 formula which I will show you where (extremelly easy, just begginer math). Also I found a much easyer/cleaner way to do this since you want it to be a target spell. I should have it done by today.

As for your request En Tropy no problem, I'll just tweak the spell I am making for him, but I will start after Defskull is satisfied.

If you have a specific base spell in mind please tell me so, or I'm just gonna use my best judgement.

EDIT: We are having a physics problem here, Chain Lightning sets all of it's targets on cast (not on hit), so even if a target becomes out of range after the spell was cast, he will still get hit (which is basically invisible to the eye due to the speed of "instant" lightning effects).

So I can do this 2 ways:
    1 - Set all targets on cast, and the missile will hunt everyone that was in range of the initial target upon cast (the downside to this is if the missile isn't very fast it will take a while to get to each target, especially with 9 bounces).
    2 - Like it was before, but then something that could bounce 9 times probably won't unless stuff are very close to each other (or unless we make the AoE bigger).

EDIT: Bam, works perfectly.

Try and find some bugs, I'll check for leaks too, but I don't think there are any.

It chooses targets upon cast, seemed more fluid.

EDIT: I'll can start on yours now En Tropy, can you explain more about the multiplying? I'm not quite getting how it multiplies while losing 10% power.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  20. Gregory Tountas

Gregory Tountas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, hello there ;)

I wan't a spell (probably a copy of War Stomp with diffrent ID) that will be named Mana Explosion, and when it is casted it throws anyone allies or enemies or neutral away from the Hero/Unit, it throws them like 500 aoe away or w/e you think is the better, but to catch them they need to be near the Caster, near like eh.. w/e you think is cooler to be near, like 100-200 aoe, or more/lesser. And the Caster starts recieving Mana, each unit the Caster threw away, 10 more Mana Points will be recovered every second, for example if the Caster uses that spell and the spell catches 3 neutral - 2 hostile and 1 ally the caster will get +60 Mana per second, but when the unit is attacked it stops recieving Mana per second. It has a duration of 30 seconds, if not being attacked within 30 seconds then it just stops having their use since thats the duration. Also, to cast this spell, there must be at least one Hostile, otherwise it won't do any effects.

If you do dat you got rep and w/e else I can do for you, please contact me for any stuff that actually can't happen by you, or if you have any other ideas, or if you didn't understand somethin, or w/e. But if you make it exactly as I said, the more sexy it will be ;) thanks