1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I believe...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ash, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ghost is a Human, therefore Ghosts logic is flawed and Ash is perfect.

OHSHI- I just created a paradox. Please try and keep on topic now.

2. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    General relativity is wrong. Scientists agree on that. Anyway, neither it nor any current theories backed up by empirical evidence explain gravity at all.

3. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes, we're all flawed. but the transitive property of equality is not flawed. therefore, the earth is NOT flat, because you're flawed, and you think the Earth is flat.

4. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And earth is flat, cause you say it's spherical, and you're flawed. Bang, paradox.

Oh, and guess what.

/0

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  5. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i never said it was round. i just said it wasnt flat. MATHEMATICAL PROPERTIES ARE NOT FLAWED.

6. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I agree! The earth is flat! Now if only I could keep these pigs from flying out of my ass...

7. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And yet again I'm amazed by the fact that this has produced 5 pages of pure retardism, apart from one post. Absolutely nobody, bar that one guy, has made me question anything, you've all basically spewed primary (elementary for you Americans) school knowledge zealously without a single question to its origins and creations.

Are you all so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think?

You're not ready, nor prepared, to accept other viewpoints, nor challenge them with an appropriate and well tailored, first hand argument.

8. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You say it is not flat. You are flawed. Therefore you are wrong. Therefore it is not the case that it is not flat. Since the domain of discourse is not empty, by the property of the excluded middle, this means that it is flat.

9. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    but you're flawed, so you're wrong. i never said it was round, i only said it wasnt flat. Since Ash said the world was flat (or believe w/e), and Ash is flawed, the world is NOT flat.
    I never said it was round, so other than being flat, what could it be but round?

@Ash : what did you expect by posting in the off-topic forum? look at Void's car thread, full of pika-cars and other bullshit. Isnt medivh's tower there for a reason?

10. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This thread is epic win. Really learning some things about gravity here. The only thing I've learned from University prep physics was that Einstein was a filthy man (They forced him to bathe because he refused otherwise) who beat his wife and generally abused women. He also came up with the Theory of Relativity, but my teacher doesn't talk about that too much.

11. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You know what else?

Screw gravity.

12. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^this post is pure win.

13. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Aren't rocket launches, satellite images, and science itself enough for you?

What convinces you that the world is flat?

14. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What convinces do you have it is not? Even if you say it, it's gotta be first handedly, don't trust anyone, everybody is lying. And if you know it first handedly, you need a proof too.

15. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Have you seen an airplane go around the world?

It didn't fall down to a endless pit.

EDIT:

And don't tell me that airplanes are lies.

Don't tell me that we suddenly teleport to the other side of the world.

16. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is foolish to only believe by seeing, and experiencing first hand. Not only that, I can start arguing and denying all evidence too.

Rome did not exist.
    Planets do not exist.
    Clouds are not made of water.
    Trees give off nitrogen.

Note: You also never answered why the Earth's shadow is round during a lunar eclipse.

17. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They say it's a disc.

18. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    It wouldn't give a round shadow then.

19. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  20. Zelda.Alex

Zelda.Alex

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ash you are correct in the fact that the people mostly cannot argue on something like this. You had intended to prove that there is no way by which people can give first hand arguments in cases like this. In that case you are on verge of winning. And I must say it was a good way of proving it.

So let me ask you one thing.
    Where is the evidence about the Earth being flat? Do not use some scientific evidence as according to you all sciences are false. Use arguments for that purpose because this is not the only place where I had to face such arguments.

The evidence you had given about the flourinated water is not acceptable on your part since you are postulating that all sciences are incorrect. That being a scientific study has the basic flaw as all other sciences--It cannot prove itself without some basic assumptions. There can be some undiscovered differences between the 2 villages other than the water supply. So if the study has to conclude that the water is the cause of lowering IQ then they must prove that the water supply is the only difference between the 2 villages. Otherwise their conclusion will be null & void as they cannot get over that assumption of water being the only difference.

How do you conclude that zippers are the symbol of round oppression?

Also if you say that people should not wear jeans then I can tell you one thing that there are other clothing in this vast world other than jeans which people use.

How do you prove that Bar technology is evil?

When you say all sciences are Evil then do you mean that they are incorrect because they have basic assumptions?

Do not worry I will be talking about Earth being flat some time soon.

If you think that you have really created Paradox then you will be in for a surprise. I have argued on similar topics in my real life. You will not be creating a Paradox. At least not for me.