• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How high is your MMR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
How high is your MMR ?

The title says it all. Share your MMR and express your opinion on the MMR system Dota 2 has.

Mine is 3700 solo 3690 party :)

I personally dislike the MMR system, I don't think it shows your skill very well.
You could end up in match with a team of lunatics or trolls and then you'd loose MMR points, mostly -25. Showing just your wins, loses and hours played are decent enough.
What they could add is that when you open a profile it shows his best game with items kills and so on, show an average game and show a bad game as in what items you had, kills deaths and so on.
Share your opinion !

dota_2_icon_by_benashvili-d5011np.png

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
How high is your MMR ?

The title says it all. Share your MMR and express your opinion on the MMR system Dota 2 has.

Mine is 3700 solo 3690 party :)

I personally dislike the MMR system, I don't think it shows your skill very well.
You could end up in match with a team of lunatics or trolls and then you'd loose MMR points, mostly -25. Showing just your wins, loses and hours played are decent enough.
What they could add is that when you open a profile it shows his best game with items kills and so on, show an average game and show a bad game as in what items you had, kills deaths and so on.
Share your opinion !

dota_2_icon_by_benashvili-d5011np.png

My opinion is that you shouldn't try to reason about algorithms you don't understand. This thread is garbage.

Level 22
@invalidnick, don't you eventually get bored of using the same hero over and over?

@Cokemonkey, well that is his opinion on the MMR system. He must have seen high MMR players with low skill or low MMR players with great skill that made him think the MMR is not a good indicator of a player's skill.

@David Valve's algorithm for MMR takes a LOT of factor into account that would make your MMR as accurate as possible

Level 16
There is 2 different types of MMR
One for ranked, commonly named MMR (actually RMMR or Ranked MatchMaking Rank) which is the one all refer to
And there is the one for unranked, basically UMMR (Unranked MatchMaking Rank) which basically is your skill level in unranked matches

Both are independent
On your calibration at lvl 13 or above the system takes in consideration your performance in the 10 calibration matches and bases it all off your Unranked MMR which is based on your previous games

Also note that at the very first step into the game, the system asks you if you played dota before or other games like it or not at all
If your response is 'I have played dota 2 before' you start with a 3200 UMMR instantly

Level 16
it's not a very precise tool, especially if you play ranked in your recent matches

visit the webiste http://valueof.me/dota/guess.php?id=

and set the "id=******" to your dota id

For example mine http://valueof.me/dota/guess.php?id=161833344

EDIT: since i think some may want to know how it works, the tool checks your most recent matches from dotabuff, and analyzes the MMR of these games AFAIK

also it seems it doesn't give the same UMMR for different people that play exclusively with each other

Level 16
5554 solo - 4.9k~ party

I play a bunch if different heroes, but my goto used to be offlane techies. People tend to underestimate him.

Gems gens everywhere
- Every techies game I play

0 Detection
- Everytime enemy plays techies

Jokes aside

I never ever saw someone underestimate a techies NEVER, you either get out played my mind games or reduce his early effect drastically

Level 9
4987 solo
3200 party

2800+ games

51% winrate

Unranked mmr at high skilled or normal (due to trolling during the beta days before the implementation of mmr,used to tp to enemy fountain with furion and mid or feed lol)

hard to reach to 5k now due to always geting 3600-3800 teamates and enemy with all 4k+ mmr

im playing at SEA region...and you if you do too you'll know the feeling when a pinoy (no offence to all pinoy,coz im a half pinoy too) is in your team..some are really good some are totaly bad...some doesnt even bother typing in english..

and im a tryhard..:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 10
Anyone here playing in the SEA region?

I play SEA region. Im Asian XD. My MMR is 3200 and party is 2750. Mostly my teammates let me down in party Ranked Matches.
Anyway im better at supporting than carrying the team cuz i hate carrying. So much stress to farm and bring glory to team. Anyone wants me for a party match is welcome. Not all the time I'm on Steam though.

Level 22
im playing at SEA region...and you if you do too you'll know the feeling when a pinoy (no offence to all pinoy,coz im a half pinoy too) is in your team..some are really good some are totaly bad...some doesnt even bother typing in english..

and im a tryhard..:ogre_hurrhurr:

True. They say pinoys are the russians of SEA region. Though I experience other languages also not typed (must be Malaysian because some looks like Tagalog) in English. It's usually common when that person is with a party.

Level 8

I like of MMR, because I think I may have matches more competitive as said the finder (and is same, by less for me). And train with the heroes that players have more played and played better in the game (trend). Registering the level of the player, not fully...

Casual match for me, is to train with heroes that I am very noob controlling him, etc. And train new strategies... :)

MMR Solo: 3635
MMR Group: 3369

Level 2
6.1k solo, 5.3k party.

MMR system is convenient yet also a little frustrating, since I usually get queued with 4.7k~ish people they never argue with what I'm saying, but theres also pressure ^_^;;.

Level 10
Currently 5.9k solo and 5.2k party. Have also played on my brother's account with 2.5k solo, and I can tell you as much as that people are godawful at that rating. One might think that mmr doesnt show skill-level, and maybe it's not always 100% accurate, but it definatly is a good indicator of general skill.

edit: Here's my dotabuff as well - http://www.dotabuff.com/players/114229867

edit 2:
5554 solo - 4.9k~ party

I play a bunch if different heroes, but my goto used to be offlane techies. People tend to underestimate him.

Realised I'd already posted here hehe, seems I've climbed a little at least.

Gems gens everywhere
- Every techies game I play

0 Detection
- Everytime enemy plays techies

Jokes aside

I never ever saw someone underestimate a techies NEVER, you either get out played my mind games or reduce his early effect drastically

At the time of my post, was before techies re-work, he's a lot different now. However he was way stronger in laning stage before rework, when I picked a lot of techies (this was before people realised tusk+ techies was the shit). By underestimating I mean this:

I bought null tali + tangoes to start with. Trade hits with supports since you have 7 armor and about 42 dmg which is pretty ok. So what you do is that you just trade hits and if they get low enough and u can get close, you can place mines on them or just suicide for the kills. Melee carries have a really hard time to farm against you if you get to do your thing, since you can always threaten to mine or suicide in the creepwave if they go for last hits etc.

Level 3
Anyone knows how MMR is calculated? Is it based on KDA? Creep Stat? Hero Damage, Tower Damage?

Wins and losses. The exact value you win or lose each game is influenced by how well the teams are balanced (e.g. if the average MMR of the enemy team is less then your team's, you gain less MMR if you win, but they get more if they win). From what i know, if the teams are decently balanced (which is usually the case outside the high skill games), the average MMR gain/loss after one match is 23-27.

Level 19
Your initial ranked MMR from which the calibration starts is your current unranked MMR, and your initial unranked MMR is 3000.

Source? I had a 56% winrate going into calibration, won 9 out of 10 games, and ended at 2800 mmr

Bob

Bob

Level 2
Since we're posting dotabuff profiles, here is mine:
Meatmuffin - Overview

Never changed it, now I'm still at 4k solo and 3.85k party mmr:D

Update: 4.45 solo, 4.3 party

Are you the muffin from the Robo+Rohi stack?

Edit: oh it is you, had fun playing with you man. Too bad the stack itself is garbage though.

Level 11
Are you the muffin from the Robo+Rohi stack?

Edit: oh it is you, had fun playing with you man. Too bad the stack itself is garbage though.

Yeah I am that muffin, though who are you? I don't code in world editor anymore, and I SOMETIMES play dota.

EDIT: ooooooh Mr. BoB, the 5k mmr guy, nice, yeah they are really toxic:D

2017-04-23 Update: 5091, joined the 5k club

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.