• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Hive's Battlefield] - A community Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes me too, but who cares? vJass offers a lot of functionality you can't do with GUI.
Also, GUI is ugly, buggy and slow.
Besides that, maps should only have one programming language, not two.
Also, as a matter of fact, there really is no use for GUI anymore.
There are a lot of people who know vJass or at least how to properly import it and set it up.

Anyway, what systems do you plan to make?

I started 'tweaking' the terrain a bit and here are the changings.
HBSS01.jpg
HBSS02.jpg

(Yes, the buildings will be resized)

Level 19
First of all, I apologize for my bad english.
Now then:

Guys,

things are turning out great even since the project is only alive for one week.
My thanks to all team members which are doing their best working on this.

I know that a part of the team couldn't do something but that will change soon enough thanks to the excellent talents of our terrainers.

And actually I was about to post something, lets move on(!):

Everyone of the team can start working on Hero Concepts of Hive members.
However, I'd like to apply a few rules about it before we start.

First of all, team members are allowed to automatically include themselves.
I think this speaks for itself.

Secondary, you can create other members. However, perhaps they'd like to have another
genre and want to swap/change. Respect their chose and change it if necessary.
If you want to be sure you can always ask it on that person or pm him/her before asking.
It would rock if people can make their own storyline.

Third of all,
make sure that the hero is acceptable in game. Save space if possible and try to create
a serious hero. By serious I mean a hero which is worth using in game. It may have some
fun looks but don't overdo it.

We are in need of systems (more will be added soon!)
Let's get started guys!

Systems to create:
- Death system (under constructions by Xarwin)
- Damage system
- Kill system
- Multiboard system

We can use some icons!
We need new and fresh command buttons in the map.

New User Interface!
Our goal is to make an advanced, noob-friendly map. But what's a good map without a new fresh look?

And to end this streak of awesomeness we need a model creator for the minimap ping.
That's right! Even we are going to replace the minimap ping model into something cooler. Sound will be changed too.

If anyone prefers a specific work, PM me or reply in this thread (I'll explain more about it).
Otherwise I will assign these tasks within two days.

Level 19
Initial Hero Concepts

Character: 01

Trax - AGI/DPS/SUPPORT (Pathfinder) --- Troll Berserker Model

Bio: An extremely skilled hunter and tracker, Trax has scowered these very parts since he was a child, knowing every inch of the forest. When war came to his land, he had no choice but to choose a side and end the ravaging of his home.

Abilities:
Tracking shot (ATC) - When activated the Pathfinders ranged attacks mark the enemy showing visibility of the target for a short time. (0.5 sec CD)

Level 1 - cost of 5% mana gives 3 seconds of visibility.

Level 2 - cost of 7% mana gives 5 seconds of visibility.

Level 3 - cost of 9% mana gives 7 seconds of visibility.

Level 4 - cost of 11% mana gives 10 seconds of visibility.

Snare Trap (Placement) - The Pathfinder can place an invisible snare trap anywhere on the map, if an enemy hero walks through it he is snared (stunned) for a short time. The second snare can also be thrown if only one is placed. (30 sec CD)

Level 1 - 40 mana 1 snare, Trap snares enemy hero for 3 seconds.

Level 2 - 55 mana 1 snare, Trap snares enemy hero for 4 seconds.

Level 3 - 65 mana 1 snare, Trap snares enemy hero for 6 seconds.

Level 4 - 100 mana 2 snares, Trap snares enemy heroes for 6 seconds. (Cannot place snares within original snare’s radius)

Animal Empathy (Capture) - The Pathfinder has the ability to soothe beasts and convert a non humanoid neutral creep to fight along his side, with a companion the Pathfinder gains additional attack bonus. (3min CD)

Level 1 - 50 mana to tame level 1 beast, +10 atk

Level 2 - 70 mana to tame level 1-2 beast, +20 atk

Level 3 - 80 mana to tame level 1-2 beast, +30 atk

Level 4 - 90 mana to tame level 1-3 beast, +35 atk

Master Tracker/Ult (Teleport) - The Pathfinder senses distress within his snare and gains an adrenaline rush, allowing him to charge form his point on the map to the trapped hero, running through trees and jumping over obsticles to meet his prey, when he reaches the target, the target is rendered immovable for a certain time. (2 min CD)

Level 1 - Rushes to snared hero, slowing the hero for 2 seconds.

Level 2 - Rushes to snared hero, slowing the hero for 3 seconds.

Level 3 - Rushes to snared hero, slowing the hero for 4 seconds.

Level 4 - Rushes to snared hero, slowing the hero for 5 seconds.

Character: 02

Xarwin - STR/TANK/SUPPORT (Protector) --- Paladin Model

Bio:

Abilities:

Guardian Angel - The Protector throws himself in front of the target friendly hero, absorbing all damage that would be inflicted on the target and re-directed to the Protector. Damage is reduced by a small margin while under the effect. (1.5 min CD)

Level 1 - Guards friendly hero, damage reduced by 2%

Level 2 - Guards friendly hero, damage reduced by 4%

Level 3 - Guards friendly hero, damage reduced by 6%

Level 4 - Guards friendly hero, damage reduced by 8%

Impenetrable Armor - When activated the Protector’s armor increases substantially for the duration. (20 sec CD)

Level 1 - 40 mana, increases armor by 15, for 10 seconds.

Level 2 - 60 mana, increases armor by 25, for 10 seconds.

Level 3 - 80 mana, increases armor by 35, for 10 seconds.

Level 4 - 100 mana, increases armor by 50, for 10 seconds.

Staggering Toss (Stun) - The Protecter launches his giant hammer in the desired direction stunning anyone hit for a certain allotted time, if an enemy hero is hit, they suffer a concussion causing them to be stunned for small increments of time after the toss. (15 sec CD)

Level 1 - 60 mana, Stuns targets in path for 2.5 seconds, if a hero is hit the hero will be stunned every 2 seconds for .5 seconds over the course of 6 seconds.

Level 2 - 70 mana, Stuns targets in path for 3 seconds, if a hero is hit the hero will be stunned every 2 seconds for .5 seconds over the course of 6 seconds.

Level 3 - 80 mana, Stuns targets in path for 3.5 seconds, if a hero is hit the hero will be stunned every 2 seconds for .5 seconds over the course of 6 seconds.

Level 4 - 90 mana, Stuns targets in path for 4 seconds, if a hero is hit the hero will be stunned every 2 seconds for .5 seconds over the course of 6 seconds

KEEP IN MIND THESE ARE WIPS

Character name = Mr.Goblin
Classe = Alchemist
Story = Don't really mind, but let's just say, he's a well known goblin hero adventurer who went across the hole world of Azeroth to discover and to learn new recipe to be the best alchemist posible, he's a great goblin and he's been respected from all over the
world, by heros such as Thrall, Sylvanas, etc. and what not... He's been a great help during Undermine escape... (you can change the story completely)

Spells = Poison Potion / Fire Potion / Healing potion / Chemical Rage

Poison Potion = when throwed on the ground it poisons the enemis around, reducing their attack speed of % and their heatlh regeneration by %.

Fire Potion = when throw on the ground it burns down all the enemis around, reducing their armor by (x), and dealing (x) damage over second for (x) seconds.

Healing Potion = Throw it on 1 of your team mate, healing him of (x).

Chemical Rage = Throw the potion on 1 of your team mate or yourself, making him 2 times bigger, and giving him % attack speed, % mouvement speed, and % damage.

that's about it, you can change what ever you want.

Character Name: K'than
Class: W(h)erewolf Mage (H is not necessary in game, could be added I really don't care)
Bio: (Haven't thought of one yet)
Ranged Intelligence Hero

Spells:
Damage/Disruption - Wind Weave:
Conjures up a powerful cyclone in the target area, pulling units into it's center and damaging them.
Level 1: 400 range - 50 damage
Level 2: 450 range - 75 damage
Level 3: 500 range - 100 damage
Level 4: 550 range - 125 damage

Stun - Sonal Strike:
(This spell is hinting at Music creation)
Unleashes a powerful frequency of loud sound which stuns then slows units caught in it's path (moves like shockwave).
Level 1: .5 second stun - 3 seconds of slow
Level 2: .75 second stun - 4.5 seconds of slow
Level 3: 1 second stun - 5 seconds of slow
Level 4: 1.5 second stun - 5.5 seconds of slow

Passive - Power Absorption
For every attack the Mage makes, a percentage of the damage dealt to the enemy is returned to the attacker as mana. (Does not affect spells - damage the Machine deals is effected by this).
Level 1: 5%
Level 2: 7.5%
Level 3: 10%
Level 4: 12.5%

Ultimate: - Summon - Mechanation Incantation
Channeling spell: The effects of this spell stay in effect as long as it's channeled.
Chants an incantation which summons forth a machine using the trees and other woods resources to create it. The machine has a ranged attack and invulnerable armor but must stay within a certain distance to the caster.
Level 1: Attacks deal 100 damage - Must stay within 500 of the caster - Max channel time of 7 seconds.
Level 2: Attacks deal 150 damage - Must stay within 500 of the caster - Max channel time of 9 seconds.
Level 3: Attacks deal 175 damage - Must stay within 650 of the caster - Max channel time of 9 seconds.
Level 4: Attacks deal 200 damage - Must stay within 650 of the caster - Max channel time of 10 seconds.

Xarwin, I can get someone to do the command button icons.

I shall make them this week-end. but I won,t make the Custom UI. so I just need a basic theme of the UI and will make them.. and anyway, if it doesn't match the UI will simply remake them (it's only 4 icons with arrows, after all) :D

Level 31
Heroes Name: Septimus
Class Name: Strategist
Attack Type: Range
Attribute Type: Intelligence

Storyline: Being a strong believer of brain over brawn, Septimus fully utilize the concept of psychology warfare, chemical warfare and modern warfare to cripple the opponent. It was proven to be successful when he was able to repel the great invasion towards Lordaeron by inflicting fear and distrust among the enemy using psychology and disease through those deadly mixture of his chemical, resulting into the invasion never happen at all. As another war was brewing, his services was once needed again. How would he end this war? Especially with his ally General Frank?

Spells

1) Chemical Barrage

Model: You can use any potion model including the blizzard green potion.
Icon: You need to make an icon of a potion barrage.

Throw 5 chemical tubes towards the targeted unit at rapid speed with each tube damage stack. However, Septimus would stop throwing chemical tubes if the enemy unit was out of sight.

Level 1 - 3 damage per stack.
Level 2 - 5 damage per stack.
Level 3 - 7 damage per stack.
Level 4 - 9 damage per stack.
Level 5 - 12 damage per stack.

26653588.jpg

2) Eye of God

Model Link 1
Model Link 2
Model Link 3

Icon Link 1
Icon Link 2
Icon Link 3

Fires a laser strike to any part of the map, dealing 125 damage in within 500 aoe.

Level 1 - Cooldown 50 second, Channeling Time 7 seconds.
Level 2 - Cooldown 40 seconds, Channeling Time 6 seconds.
Level 3 - Cooldown 30 seconds, Channeling Time 5 seconds.
Level 4 - Cooldown 20 seconds, Channeling Time 4 seconds.
Level 5 - Cooldown 15 seconds, Channeling Time 3 seconds.

3) Psionic Waves

Model: You can use any model as long as it display shock such as lightning.

Icon Link 1

Unleash a psionic waves through the floating disc, resulting into every enemy within 500 range from him being knockback and stun for period of time.

Level 1 - Deal 50 Damage, Knockback 200 range and stun for 0.5 seconds.
Level 2 - Deal 75 Damage, Knockback 300 range and stun for 1 seconds.
Level 3 - Deal 100 Damage, Knockback 400 range and stun for 1.5 seconds.
Level 4 - Deal 125 Damage, Knockback 500 range and stun for 2 seconds.
Level 5 - Deal 150 Damage, Knockback 600 range and stun for 3 seconds.

4) Nano Virus

Model: I am not sure what kind of model should be used.

Icon Link 1
Icon Link 2

Unleash a nano virus towards the targeted area. Shut down every enemy infrastructure and gives a random negative buff toward every enemy unit while dealing damage towards them.

Type -nbl to find out the list of negative buff.

Level 1 - AOE 500, Shut down enemy structure for 2 seconds, deal 100 damage, buff last for 10 seconds.
Level 2 - AOE 700, Shut down enemy structure for 3 seconds, deal 200 damage, buff last for 15 seconds.
Level 3 - AOE 900, Shut down enemy structure for 4 seconds, deal 300 damage, buff last for 20 seconds.

Spell Cooldown - 180 seconds, 210 seconds and 240 seconds.

-nbl list

Poison - Reduce hp by 5 every seconds.
Mana Devastator - Reduce mana by 5 every seconds.
Regeneration Lockdown - Disable hp and mana regeneration.
Morale Collapse - Reduce armor by 7.
Energy Exhaustion - Reduce attack and movement speed by 25%.
Silence is Golden - Disable the capability to use spells.
Equipment Error - Disable the capability to use item.
Strength Demotion - Reduce attack damage by 25%.
Resistance Degradation - Reduces the resistance against magic damage by 25%.
Sight Track - Reveal the position of the unit despite being invisible.

Note: If enemy structure was shut down, it cannot attack and neither purchase upgrade.

Last edited:
Level 11
Please keep to non import models. We can add some latter for us (the crew).

And personal note, I newer like people who utilize disease since there is no defense against it, thus being a cowardly way.

Level 31
Heroes Name: General Frank
Class Name: Tactician
Attack Type: Range/Melee
Attribute Type: Agility

Storyline: Unlikes his ally Septimus, Frank often used a rather swift approach to subdue his opponent. When he was frame for the murder of an count, he was leave with no choice but to find out the culprit in within 48 hours by using whatever necessary method or else it was gallow for him. After solving the cases and clear his name, Frank soon believes the best offense is the best defense and told the people "As long as we keep the enemy busy, they would never be able to retaliate against us".

Using the concept of "Lightning Conquest" in his campaign, Frank manages to lead the army into countless victory effectively and efficiently which resulted into him being promoted into the general rank. Of course, this is definitely something people would expect to happen to him when he manage to accomplish the conquest in within a month when it would took even the greatest tactician about an 5 months to complete what he did.

However, everything good must come to the end. A alleged accusation of power abuse cause him to be suspended from his work until a war was brewing and his service was once needed again. How would this tactician General Frank work out his aggressive approach with strategist Septimus who used the opposite way?

Spells

1) Close Combat Fight/Gun Fight

Switch to melee attack to enable the attack to absorb the health and slowing the opponent movement speed. However, it would lose a small amount of mana every second while at melee attack stage.
Switch to range attack for normal attack.

Level 1 - 5% Lifesteal and movement speed deduct, 1 mana per seconds.
Level 2 - 10% Lifesteal and movement speed deduct, 2 mana per seconds.
Level 3 - 15% Lifesteal and movement speed deduct, 3 mana per seconds.
Level 4 - 20% Lifesteal and movement speed deduct, 4 mana per seconds.
Level 5 - 25% Lifesteal and movement speed deduct, 5 mana per seconds.

2) Guerrilla Warfare

Attack the enemy while staying invisible. If the attack was done during night time, there is a small chances to deal critical damage.

Level 1 - 3 Attack, 0.5 Critical Damage. Invisibility last for 5 seconds.
Level 2 - 4 Attack, 1.0 Critical Damage. Invisibility last for 7 seconds.
Level 3 - 5 Attack, 1.5 Critical Damage. Invisibility last for 9 seconds.
Level 4 - 6 Attack, 2.0 Critical Damage. Invisibility last for 12 seconds.
Level 5 - 7 Attack, 2.5 Critical Damage. Invisibility last for 15 seconds.

3) Partical Lockdown

Fires an missile to any part of the map that are capable to lock the enemy unit, preventing it from moving for up to 5 seconds.

Level 1 - Very slow missile speed.
Level 2 - Slow missile speed.
Level 3 - Medium missile speed.
Level 4 - Fast missile speed.
Level 5 - Very fast missile speed.

4) Emergency Escape

When General Frank health goes below 20%, he would automatically become invisible with bonus movement speed and have all negative buff removes.

Level 1 - Last for 20 seconds, 10% movement speed.
Level 2 - Last for 40 seconds, 15% movement speed.
Level 3 - Last for 60 seconds, 20% movement speed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Interesting project, wouldn't mind helping out. My department would be art, including skins and icons. Though one of my more useful areas of expertise is long experience with competitive MOGA/AoS play and I could help with testing the map, and presenting ideas that could boost the competitive level of the map.

Which is why I'll just start off expressing my opinions on the ideas of the first post.

Firstly, the attribute system seems very impractical, and not thought through. Both stamina and endurance? How can endurance, in any sense of the word, affect damage? Why change intelligence into intellection? Intelligence makes more sense looking at your reasoning, let alone knowledge or wisdom.

For an attribute that alters the damage of a melee hero, there are few better choices than strength or power. However, a ranged hero would rely on accuracy and dexterity. What's certain though, is no one will expect endurance to affect their damage output.

In the end, I can't see why you want to change the name of the attributes if you're not going to change what they manipulate. If you're desperate though, how about Power, Dexterity and Wisdom? The only thing it doesn't account for is your "battle endurance, err stamina?" which generally is what HP is supposed to symbolize.

Furthermore, an inventory system is made for RPG games, where you've got time to use it. In an action-packed AoS you want everything accessible immediately, not through an additional menu (that on top of it all will obscure your sight [most likely] or block you from performing other actions).

On that note I do have a suggestion though, which is to assign potions and other expendable items to a set of hotkeys that will be unoccupied by other abilities, so that the 6 inventory slots can be used in it's entirety for equipment.

Another reason not to implement an inventory system is the strategical field. You have to plan your items carefully for each map, because you only have 6 available slots, and thus can't use a seventh item.

Lastly, a point on the lane-design matter; one of the primary reasons for making the lanes more or less symmetric is the fact that if you don't, one team might get an advantage over the other because they've got better lanes.

Level 16
Agility doesn't seems to fit General Frank. Strength or Intelligence would make more sense. As for skills, he should have something that relates to Tanks and/or Modelling.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Aye, having variety in the attributes based on a set of main classes sounds like a good idea, but is it even doable? The attribute names are gameplay constants and cannot be altered for each hero-type, as far as I know.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Sounds rather lame though.. "hey dude I got 56 primary, 39 secondary and 24 tertiary" .. but I guess it's the most versatile option.

Level 19
@ shiiK:
Remember that this attribute system is just an example how we are going to manipulate things.
As I also mentioned in that post, we still may edit it.
And even like you said it is impractical, idea's are most likely welcome.

We are still in need of a skinner/artwork person so if you'd like to join for that position (and eventually more) I'd be glad.
Post at my profile if you accept/join.

The attribute names are gameplay constants and cannot be altered for each hero-type
They don't really need to be altered. Let's say that each class gets a different effect.

About the item system, I know we shouldn't get it inside. I will replace this with the item combine system which we will need.

Thanks for your useful post.

But I have to admit about what Anachron said is a pretty good idea by basing the attributes on classes.

@ Pyritie: you are currently not in our team and unable to submit your hero yet.

@ DonDustin: what Anachron said. It is important keeping files as low as possible with not wasting extra space.

Last edited:
Level 8
Dont really know. Tell us what those would actually do.

edit.

Well, its kinda hard to think these, since you dont yet know what kind of AoS its gonna be.

Level 11
I don't really care about attribute system and how it works, but it needs to be finalized fast so hero concepter know what does what.

Aldo, I don't like inventory system because of said problem.

Level 8
You dont need any kind of attribute system in order to design heroes.

You simply design a character with your own words: What he looks like, what he wants, what he is good at, what he is bad at, the demons in his past, his relation to his father, his favorite color..

And how he fights. Maybe some different moves and attacks for him. WHat kind of weapons he likes to use. Does he know any magic? Is it good magic or bad magic?

You dont need any numbers or attribute systems for hero designing. The concept is more important. Numbers and mechanics will change in testing phase anyways.

edit. Instead of posting spell icons and descriptions, post some scketches about your character kicking some guys ass. Some cool moves he makes. His appereance. You can get the whole idea from few pictures. Pictures really are a worth of thousand words.

Level 19
Terrain Update:
-Almost finished tree placing
-Completly wiped out the old terrain
-Absolutely new and fresh terrain design
-Maximum usage of the new doodads
-Optimized the paths and made them more clear
-Added new paths and hidden roads
-Dramatically reduced doodads count from 6800 to 4099

Screenshots made from the new terrain can be viewed here.

Progress (WiP): 69%.

Status
Not open for further replies.