Like last year, I'm glad to sponsor and help organise a professional Warcraft III tournament, to be played on Hive-made maps.
The maps were selected in the 6th Melee Map Making Contest.
To disclose the relevant info about the tournament:
- Main event: 12 and 13 November 2020.
- First two of the five qualifiers will take place next Monday and Friday, i.e. 26th and 30th October. Starting time is 17:00 CET.
- The remaining three qualifiers are planned for 2nd, 6th and 9th November. Due to a busy schedule, these dates may be subject to change.
- 8 participants, double Elimination. Played online on European servers.
- 7 maps, 5 winners of 6th Melee Mapping Contest, and last year's Brightwater Oasis and Gold Port.
- All games are Bo3, except the grand final which is Bo5.
- Prizepool of 500€ distributed as (place\€): 1\240, 2\120, 3\60, 4\40, 5&6\20.
- Top-3 players of last year's cup were directly invited: Happy, Foggy and Hawk. Remaining 5 will qualify via the 5 qualifiers.
- Free to enter for anybody willing and able to participate. Played online on European servers.
- Single elimination, Bo1 for early rounds. Bo3 starting quarterfinals.
- Each qualifier centers on one map (e.g. on 26 October it is Tortoise Haven). All Bo1 games are played on it, Bo3 games start with this map.
- Prizepool of 50€, which all go to the winner. The winner qualifies for the main event and is barred from participating in subsequent qualifiers.
- 26 October, Tortoise Haven
- 30 October, Shattered Exile
- 2 November*, Talonrift Coast
- 6 November*, Zul'Alor
- 9 November*, Last Snow
Special thanks to the amazing Back2Warcraft for again being partners and co-organizers of the tournament!
And thanks to Mythic for the cool banner
Long live Warcraft!