• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HIVE 3 Remoosed Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Already had the chance to say on Discord, but again: great work! Even though icons are larger, the top of the page in Remoosed looks cleaner and tidier than the current page. I especially liked those tiny icons for less important stuff. I'd remove the black background on the favicon and give the H a tiny glow :p

Level 23
Ok. so I am reporting some BB code issues. I saw Ralle's post on "Known Issues", but saw the BB code one with a line through it, so I guess I will report all BB code stuff I have found.

For comparison's sakes, I use same page to show beta v current hive---

Beta page: A Song of Dream Chasing
Normal page: A Song of Dream Chasing

1) There was a bug found in the original BB code, where we were required to input the titles of segments x2 in order for it to be shown once. So now, in the beta version, it actually shows the title as x2 (which is technically correct), but anyone who used the original stuff and was forced to double the title will now see 2 titles instead of 1.
Example:
upload_2021-2-5_19-39-37.png
compared to
upload_2021-2-5_19-40-7.png

This happens on all the titles of the segments. Can refer to the sites above to see more comparisons.

2) Using the same example above, the colouring of both the titles and the boxes they are found are different. Beta has just white title, surrounded by a black box (same colour as the page), whereas the original has the real colour and is surrounded by a light grey colour (better on the eyes to emphasise things instead of being the exact same colour as the rest of the page.

3) Icons have been resized to mini pictures in the beta:
upload_2021-2-5_19-46-4.png
compared to
upload_2021-2-5_19-46-26.png

4) Segments are all to the left side and have are not indented in the middle in the beta:
upload_2021-2-5_19-48-15.png

compared to
upload_2021-2-5_19-48-36.png

5) I know I have mentioned it before, but it would be great to have the ability to remove the name of the person who uploaded resources from the "author" section in the top right, so there is no confusion about who the author is when resources made by another person are uploaded to hive by the non-author.
upload_2021-2-5_19-53-34.png

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Will the new design be officially rolled out during Blizzconline? :peasant-cool:
It will be released when it is done (tm).

1) There was a bug found in the original BB code, where we were required to input the titles of segments x2 in order for it to be shown once. So now, in the beta version, it actually shows the title as x2 (which is technically correct), but anyone who used the original stuff and was forced to double the title will now see 2 titles instead of 1.
Example:
upload_2021-2-5_19-39-37-png.373072
compared to
upload_2021-2-5_19-40-7-png.373073

This happens on all the titles of the segments. Can refer to the sites above to see more comparisons.
I have never heard about this before.
2) Using the same example above, the colouring of both the titles and the boxes they are found are different. Beta has just white title, surrounded by a black box (same colour as the page), whereas the original has the real colour and is surrounded by a light grey colour (better on the eyes to emphasise things instead of being the exact same colour as the rest of the page.
Not necessarily a bug. @Archian, what do you think? The same is true for the [box] code.

3) Icons have been resized to mini pictures in the beta:
upload_2021-2-5_19-46-4-png.373074
compared to
upload_2021-2-5_19-46-26-png.373075
Not necessarily a bug, just different.
4) Segments are all to the left side and have are not indented in the middle in the beta:
upload_2021-2-5_19-48-15-png.373076

compared to
upload_2021-2-5_19-48-36-png.373077
Yes, this is the thing about boxes now taking the full width whereas before they just took what they "needed".
5) I know I have mentioned it before, but it would be great to have the ability to remove the name of the person who uploaded resources from the "author" section in the top right, so there is no confusion about who the author is when resources made by another person are uploaded to hive by the non-author.
Possible today. You just gotta get help from a mod :).

Level 23
Some more feedback:

1) There are pages worth of resources missing from "Resources in use" for beta maps.

Eg, Resources in use by A Song of Dream Chasing
upload_2021-2-11_21-8-58.png

vs
Resources in Use by A Song of Dream Chasing | HIVE
upload_2021-2-11_21-8-41.png

2) On same links, the normal hive shows how many resources in each page (20), and the total resources used (412):
upload_2021-2-11_21-10-23.png

Whereas beta does not show either.

3) Clicking on hidden tab content on beta forces you to move down to where it starts, where as normal hive just opens it and allows you to scroll down (more relevant when the hidden tabs are large).

A Song of Dream Chasing

upload_2021-2-11_21-13-58.png

But if you use the beta one:
A Song of Dream Chasing
It forces you to scroll up if you want to close the box, cause it has opened it up so that the top part of the box automatically moves to the top part of the page, and it requires people to scroll up to click the hidden tab to make it go back to hidden.
upload_2021-2-11_21-18-0.png

4) Clicking on post tabs on hive normal opens up a box that allows you to copy paste the post link(using same link as point 3 above):

upload_2021-2-11_21-21-29.png

upload_2021-2-11_21-18-46.png

Whereas hive beta actually sends you to the post link (which you are already on if you are clicking on the number of the post), and then you need to copy and paste the actual link on your browser to get the link of the post since even though it has sent you to the exact same place you were on, the previous browser link (the page) has now been replaced by the post # link.

5) The way to distinguish non-read messages and read messages in hive beta inbox is not as easy as old hive:
upload_2021-2-11_21-25-57.png

(I don't have comparison because normal hive does not have unread message).
In the picture above, the top one is unread (only slightly bolder), and the bottom one is read.

6) In beta hive, it shows the number of emails we have (or maybe alerts in general) only when we are in the "forum" section of hive via the tab on the internet browser we are using, and doesn't show that number in any other section (like when we on map section), which is fine.
upload_2021-2-11_21-27-38.png

But then when we look through our history on our internet browser, it shows the number of email (or alerts) next to every single link.
upload_2021-2-11_21-29-5.png

Not a big deal, just thought I would mention it.

7) On the stream section, it showed a single user, SirbearPC, under every single category except "uncategorized", even though he was doing something not related to any of the streams. Also, when clicking on his link, it actually took us to twitch, instead of allowing us to watch the stream in a small box on hive itself. (No pictures cause when I went back to screenshot, he was not streaming anymore)

8) Even though a person can get their account to private, you can still use the search tab in the forum to find every single post they have posted by searching for their name. This is not bad at all, and it was the same in old hive, but just thought I should mention it.
upload_2021-2-11_21-34-29.png

9) There is a difference in the statistics for downloads when it comes to beta v hive.

Statistics

upload_2021-2-11_21-36-47.png

vs

Statistics | HIVE
upload_2021-2-11_21-37-11.png

(The ones from before beta went open show results on the beta page, so its not related to when the beta was opened I think.

10) When I went to try to download a map, from this link below:

Somewhere Across Nowhere

It took me to this page, and just showed me this image without downloading anything.
upload_2021-2-11_21-52-3.png

https://beta.hiveworkshop.com/data/...-1613040564-600/(1)SomewhereAcrossNowhere.w3x

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-11_21-36-28.png
    upload_2021-2-11_21-36-28.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
1) There are pages worth of resources missing from "Resources in use" for beta maps.
It's possible the numbers are different because of things like this:
upload_2021-2-11_15-47-52.png

All these matches are collapsed because they all share the same file.

2) On same links, the normal hive shows how many resources in each page (20), and the total resources used (412):
That's just how they do it in XF2 and I follow along. Not really a bug.
3) Clicking on hidden tab content on beta forces you to move down to where it starts, where as normal hive just opens it and allows you to scroll down (more relevant when the hidden tabs are large).
It's the same for me, really.
4) Clicking on post tabs on hive normal opens up a box that allows you to copy paste the post link(using same link as point 3 above):
Yeah it's different.
It took me to this page, and just showed me this image without downloading anything.
That is definitely a bug and I know what's wrong. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback tulee, it was great!

Level 48
I think I agree with tulee regarding the boxes not being centered and the icons being tiny being problematic. This will likely break a lot of page formatting. I know it's different and not necessarily a bug, but I would prefer to keep the old way of doing things for formatting purposes because a lot of old threads will never be updated (and far fewer threads will need updates if the formatting is consistent).

General site functionality being different, and minor changes like the titles being white instead of light green-grey, I think that's alright, but big things like spoiler tags not going to the center if they have [CENTER] tags or thumbnail icons being really small rather than full size, I think those should be reverted, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.