1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Contest #6 - The First Invasion

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Pharaoh_, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordkoon

Lordkoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol RED BARON what better way of fighting the Burning Legion rather than a fireman. Great idea.

2. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea thats what I thought - even if the execution now lacks a lot of what I wanted to do, now that I don't have my model with its animation to support me :smile: If someone figures out how to convert the damn thing I would gladly finish the skill set I originally wanted for him and gladly reward whomever do :thumbs_up:

3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ~Update v4.0~

I think I could do this all day...

Someone pointed out a bug, which led me to a few fixes that needed to happen (sight range, animation errors, icon issues (SUCH AN IDIOT... Using "Critical Strike" instead of "Ghoul Frenzy" icon for a "Claw-swiping-arc" ability!!)).
    Also threw in some custom icons that really fit, and fixed the Credits & map options.

Hopefully Pharaoh doesn't mind us all continually fixing... :p

Attached Files:

4. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why would he, given that he himself said that it would last until poll was up.

EDIT: So yea - mine is as ready as it can be without my model :smile: Just awaiting a poll.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  5. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    No poll yet?

6. defskull

defskull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Seriously, has this ended or what ?

7. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    All final submissions I have been able to find. Also I checked for WIP's and noted comment for those I couldn't see/recall one for.

Enjoy :wink:

FireFighter William - RED BARON
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrynok Frostglance, the Frost Herald - Luorax
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flower Dryad, Diana Windwood - juno
    He has like 4 final entries.. Took the newest link

Nature's Raiment, An'da Grovemane - Orcnet

Frost Sorceress - mckill2009

The Shadow Warrior - Mephestrial
    (Edit: WIP is in the final submission)

Ancient of Stone - Meepo-

Troll Death Speaker - Jake Kessler

The Purifier, Dath'Remar Sunstrider - AdityaHegde

Doradin - Chaosy

(Being unable to skip the cinematic is rather annoying - no camera reset, no ingame credits, minor spelling error in the cinematic, default map title, not the same name for hero in cinematic as in the game).

Jack Frost, Guardian of Ice - Adiktuz

Cyrisse Moongrove, Arcane Priestess - En Tropy

The Trapmaster, Fakker Plug - Kyousuke Imadori
    (No ingame credits, no revive/lose upon death, nice hero)

Arch Bishop - Lordkoon
    (EDIT: This is his confirmed final entry)

The Dwarven Engineers - Christers

Nightwalker - Kyrbi0

Serengale, The Holy Paladin - Mr Bean

Incarnations - Xiliger
    (Said final submission so far, hero dies rather easily, no revive, spells seems somewhat bugged)

Feral Master, Fraxineus - Garfield1337
    (Map has no title, The deer spell doesn't seem to apply a healing buff to other units)

Wyronus, the Lieutenant of the Green Dragonflight - WerePhoenix

Rovlen,Druid of the Ages - Radamantus

Deathwing, Aspect of Death - Zenonoth
    (Original first entry with description: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2252825-post396.html)

Priestess of the Moonlight - -Kobas-

Thats all folks :smile: Quite a lot of people I say.
    Oh and to tell if I got something wrong, then I'll fix it. :wink:

Good luck to us all :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  8. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome :) Let's hope Pharaoh makes that poll finally :p

9. Lordkoon

Lordkoon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I managed to finish my entry RED BARON. Thank you.

10. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    hehehe.. well yeah.. I ended up with 4 submissions, but atleast you took the right one.. XD

BTW, is an entry without a WIP not counted or something?

11. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My first concern is Mephestrial's entry; the Burning Legion was supposed to gather demons from the corners of the universe, how could some stand by the side of the Night Elves?

My second concern is the comment posted by AdityaHegde. Pre-work is not allowed in the contests.

(Note, my first concern doesn't have an impact on the poll, Mepherstrial will normally join, I just inform him in case something goes wrong with the concept criterium; my second concern will probably lead to disqualification.)

Finally, this must be the most successful Hero Contest. I want to thank everyone, well done, honestly. May the victorious shine :)

12. Mephestrial

Mephestrial

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My work in progress screenshots are right there in my entry's post. I edited it later to add my submission. Also, I'm confused by your meaning with the following quote.
    If your talking about the Highborne forces at the top of the map, in the lore it said the Sargaeras tricked Queen Azshara and her Highborne followers into opening the portal for him to enter. It would be kinda stupid to kill off the beings meant to summon you before the summon finishes.

13. Jake Kessler

Jake Kessler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, thanks for doing this! (And thanks for picking my correct one out of all of mine that probably say "final".)

+REP

14. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just looked at the numbers, and it seems that mine was the first completed entry :p

15. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yea I took them in order, except my own :smile: Of course many updated their final ones several times, but the order they appear in my post, is the order they first submitted something final :thumbs_up:

Ah okay. Updated list.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  16. Garfield1337

Garfield1337

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    But it does have a title :eek:

Also there's no buff indicator other than the effect, but it heals.

EDIT: Nevermind, the ingame title is missing. I hope it's not too late to add it now, it's only that change afterall.

17. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thats what I meant with seem not to :smile: I figured it still worked, just that there was no indication of it.

I like the idea btw.

Oh and given the poll still isn't here and that no post of the contest official being over I figure its quite alright to change it. If your did it, I will just update my post to no longer reflect it.

18. Zenonoth

Zenonoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  19. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I agree (and am quite surprised, actually; over 20 entries! Almost as good as the Wc3C Techtree Contest :p). This will be quite a poll. Just goes to show that with a solid, relatable and modular theme, lots of cool ideas can come about. While I don't think my 'boring' made-for-melee Lycanthrope will stack up as well against all those AoS-inspired individualities, let's see how this pans out. :p

20. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not really satisfied with mine either, but meh.
    1) It's too late to create a new one;
    2) I don't think I could come up with a better one (well, I could, but the possibilites are limited as the new one should be easy to be implemented to any map)

So yea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.