• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
If you've always kept yourself up-to-date why didn't you notice that the rules were changed? Sorry, but this is a lil paradox :/

No dingo, the rules were not changed.

btw. why only 3-4 guys out of 27 failed to do heroes following the rules?..mysterious

There are only 2 entries that did not follow the actual guidelines.

I demand you judge the other two disqualified entries. We did not wait around a year for the judging to find out that you dismissed some submissions according to your own conditions.

Level 16
Sorry but are you really that stupid like you are here? For everyone it's a clear situation but just you don't understand it right? So let's make it very simple:

At 03-17-2010, 08:09 PM you said, that it's be ok, to use 4 activate able spells. (The current rule at this time). At 03-19-2010, 05:44 PM you just change the rule, you give that there must be at least 1 passive. (The new rule at this time)

This means, between these times, Pharaoh was allowed, to have 4 activate spells, if this is balanced or not, this doesn't matter! Now the question is if he created those spells in these 2 days, but even if he didn't we can't prove it, so a disqualify is not allowed - simple thing! (Und nun mal ehrlich, gerade du als Deutscher (ich bin auch einer), in Deutschland, solltest doch wissen, wie so etwas von Statten geht und wie die Inkrafttretung von Regeln/Gesetzen funktioniert oder etwa nicht?)

It's like in the reality: If the government created a rule and make it valid today, they can't get someone, who broke this rule maybe for a year.

Level 16
sry, but you dont seem to get it: Stuff posted by judges affecting the rules are valid => I don't see the problem since only 2 people had no passive spell : and those got disquallified since judges decided so.

There was more then 1 month left.

@Dr. Boom: Sry i dont like you, you just get insulting + not english => report.

Level 23
sry, but you dont seem to get it: Stuff posted by judges affecting the rules are valid

I have not seen anything that underlines this quote.
In fact, the HOST and only the HOST affects the rules from what I know.
However of course he can listen to his judges and CHANGE the rules of the FIRST post and everyone can be notified by a POST telling of the rule change.

By the way, it's also up to the Host and the judges to notify a user if his entry does not fit the theme or does not follow the rules. That's the normal way the Hive handels it and I do not see any reason why this should be different here. Especially since you changed the rules, this becomes even more important.

Pharaoh_ asked a question directly and got an answer of you, telling him, that he could continue the way he did, now he has the right for sure to be notified in case of a rule change.

On a second note, I am pretty sure such a detail in the contest rules should have been changed BEFORE the contest did start. A rule fix should only happen, if there are visible loopholes, unclear rules or other issues that could effect the success of the contest.

I can fully understand Pharaoh_ 's reaction and hope for a rejudge of his entry for the sake of this contest ending fair and Hive - worthy.

xD.Schurke:
You said he is allowed to, so he already is.

Remember this: If in a free marketplace you give your customers special conditions he will still have them even when all others, that have the normal conditions, have changed conditions.

Once you treat someone in another way, you cannot simply say that he has normal conditions again.

If a condition is not on the first page on the contests conditions, it has never existed.
How harsh this may sound, but you have no rights not to judge his entry.

Congratulation to the winners.

Once more hive has shown that it doesn't know how to make proper rules.
Rules should always stand in a contests first post. Also rules should be followed.

And I am sure there was a rule like "Before submitting a contest you have to write the final rules" into the first submission post.

Level 16
@Schurke: I think more you report me, because you say that I have right .. actually we all have, but you can't see the truth. In fact we can say what we want, you just stay by your miss judge and be happy about it.

Anyway what ever happen, I hope we all learned something from this: 1) If you make a contest, make clear and understandable rules, where you are sure about it and 2) for all who join a contest again, read all pages
up to 50,60 or 70, before you do anything, to make sure that you don't do something wrong.

I have not seen anything that underlines this quote.
In fact, the HOST and only the HOST affects the rules from what I know.
However of course he can listen to his judges and CHANGE the rules of the FIRST post and everyone can be notified by a POST telling of the rule change.

By the way, it's also up to the Host and the judges to notify a user if his entry does not fit the theme or does not follow the rules. That's the normal way the Hive handels it and I do not see any reason why this should be different here. Especially since you changed the rules, this becomes even more important.

Pharaoh_ asked a question directly and got an answer of you, telling him, that he could continue the way he did, now he has the right for sure to be notified in case of a rule change.

On a second note, I am pretty sure such a detail in the contest rules should have been changed BEFORE the contest did start. A rule fix should only happen, if there are visible loopholes, unclear rules or other issues that could effect the success of the contest.

I can fully understand Pharaoh_ 's reaction and hope for a rejudge of his entry for the sake of this contest ending fair and Hive - worthy.

Agreed, you should not change rules throughout the contest, because it causes these problems.

Once more hive has shown that it doesn't know how to make proper rules.
Rules should always stand in a contests first post. Also rules should be followed.

And I am sure there was a rule like "Before submitting a contest you have to write the final rules" into the first submission post.

No, hive has not failed, it shows how big of a dumbass xD.Schurke is in trying to slip things through the rules. He needs to realize what he has done, and judge them.

Level 16
Agreed, you should not change rules throughout the contest, because it causes these problems.

No, hive has not failed, it shows how big of a dumbass xD.Schurke is in trying to slip things through the rules. He needs to realize what he has done, and judge them.

1. please think about what you've written
=> was not my own descision, I did it together with the other judge.

I won't judge anything again: No time, and no sense, since only 2 people failed to follow rules!

Level 17
bluh I dunno what to do here

who was actually DQ'd by this change of rules? Just Pharaoh_?

where?

Quick explination of the situation - Pharaoh_ (and I think certain others, too) were disqualified as they have not made a passive ability but instead 4 active abilities. This rule was changed during the contest and apparently the contestants who got a DQ because of this didn't know about it. Now we are in this situation: Should the disqualified contestants really stay disqualified or should they get their chance as well as changing rules during contests is according to several users prohibed?

I think you should decide :eek:

1. please think about what you've written
=> was not my own descision, I did it together with the other judge.

I won't judge anything again: No time, and no sense, since only 2 people failed to follow rules!

I know perfectly well what I wanted to write, and wrote it as such. Take offense to it if you'd like, but what you have done is wrong in many cases.

bluh I dunno what to do here

who was actually DQ'd by this change of rules? Just Pharaoh_?

They were DQ'd because even after being given permission to make 4 active abilities, xD turns around and changes the rules, and doesn't notify them.

Okie doke, thanks guys

You might want to add that the main post was not updated with the rule change. (From what I have understand.)
It was just a post in the thread on some page.

xD.Schurke couldn't update the first post though because Xiliger? (I think) was the one who made the first post. (Even still, Schurke could've PM'd me to update them)

Level 12
Yeah...

so...

Let me make it easier for you Pyritie, your choices are to either do nothing and eventually let this thread die, approve the action that Schurke and TRD did for all future contests (which is creating a rule without notifying you or the host to make it official, not to mention giving false "ok"s.), or tell Schurke to judge the 2 entries he falsely disqualified.

But but TRD, we need a damn rejudging because the other judge was a bastard!
xD.Schurke did one really detailed judging. I think that the only thing that should be done is judging the ones left, that were unfairly disqualified. As well as their work shouldn't be laid to waste, nor should the judge's effort so far.

Level 17
but but u are a damn kiddy who maybe will get brain some day

When you learn to use proper insults instead of referring people to kids, and when you learn to not trick people of their time & effort, it is then you will be allowed back into this chat.
That is all I have left to say to you.

Level 16
u dont get it, you all say redjudge it, since its unfair? the whole contest should be repeatet this way: 25 Didnt have the chance to do a "passive one" and those 2 didnt do some since they cant read 2 pages further. I'm impressed how childish you guys think

In fact you are the one that opens himself to blame here and loses a lot of sympathy from the community. The way you defend your postition is highly inappropiate.

I only lose sympathy from those who start flaming and get insulting (see previous posts), and for those I react in the same way: I don't care about them, those I care about in this community can argue about things without calling other persons jackass/bastard etc. and those also understand my position.

I judged this contest in my freetime I barley got and those kind of detailled reviews dont just take 5 hours, so I did my best to be fair to everyone, if this included disqualifying since we (repeat WE the judges) decided to make a more challenging rule , and others can't read some pages further, you and I have to live with this desicion, since allowing it for 2 people wouldnt be fair for 25 others. I didnt disquallify them 'cause I don't like them, but because I think they didnt match the proper rules.

But next time one of those flaming kiddys here may can judge a contest with 20+ entries.

All in all one can say there are some guys here in this thread start to get insulting, even they didn't enter this contest or are in any way conected to it.

Last edited:
I judged this contest in my freetime I barley got and those kind of detailled reviews dont just take 5 hours, so I did my best to be fair to everyone, if this included disqualifying since we (repeat WE the judges) decided to make a more challenging rule , and others can't read some pages further, you and I have to live with this desicion, since allowing it for 2 people wouldnt be fair for 25 others. I didnt disquallify them 'cause I don't like them, but because I think they didnt match the proper rules.
You realize the change of rules was irregular, and you're the only one that thinks that it was fair. Why don't you just judge the 2 of them that are left, update the results, and in the next one make people aware of some consistent rules since the contest's beginning?

Never in a contest that I participated I saw the rules being changed in the middle of the contest. It's always in the first post. For this time, if you want to be a fair judge you should admit it and judge them.

Level 17
ok then 25 others pls make a new 4th active spell if u want to... I wont judge them but maybe one who has the time

What about TRD? I think we can leave it to him and be sure he will be done with those 2 reviews before the world according to the Maya goes under. [/sarcasm]

No rlly guys, just find a solution for this drama and prevent situations like these in contests. Just discussing and insulting each other won't help.

Level 1
What's wrong with you Schurke? All we want you to do is judge the two entries because of many (MANY) reasons listed throughout the thread.

Schurke said in a previous thread "I judged this contest in my freetime I barely got"

Does that mean that there's something wrong with him? Because for me, it makes perfect sence why he don't want to/can't.

@xxdingo93xx, the last phrase you came with might have been one of the most clever i've seen in this thread

Level 12
Schurke said in a previous thread "I judged this contest in my freetime I barely got"

Does that mean that there's something wrong with him? Because for me, it makes perfect sence why he don't want to/can't.

Boy, as a judge, it is his frickin' duty to judge every single entry that is compatible with the official rules. Why am I stating the obvious over and over again?

@xxdingo93xx, the last phrase you came with might have been one of the most clever i've seen in this thread

Really? Then why are you discussing/commenting instead of proposing solutions?

I've said it and I'll say it again, Schurke, just judge 2 falsely DQed entries and get this over with. We don't want them today nor tomorrow, take your time with the judging (not like TRD did though), we're not urging you to rush with the judging (we've already waited long enough). Do your job damnit, and stop being so stubborn, sheesh.

Why does it have to be Shurke?

He says he doesn't want to do it, so just get somebody else. It'll take like 20 minutes tops to review two entries right?
2 entries? more than 1 hour. To be as detailed as schurke's
but it's a good idea to get somebody else to check schurke's judging, and judge the 2 others in similar patterns.
TRD?

Level 1
Boy, as a judge, it is his frickin' duty to judge every single entry that is compatible with the official rules. Why am I stating the obvious over and over again?

Because he don't have time. Do i have to repeat myself? Aaaand that he said he didn't want to.

Really? Then why are you discussing/commenting instead of proposing solutions?

Yes, really. I'm trying to think for a solution. What about you? Why are YOU discussing?

Level 1
Then he should not volunteer to be a judge in the first time. Being up to the task of a judge does not only mean being competent but also having the time to do the job.

Agreed, but he seems to have had the time, but who says that he haven't got the time now? But as he also said, he didn't want to judge anymore, as this is all he gets: Flaming and insulting. Why don't people go do it themselves? I think Schurke does a good job when judging.

Holy molly, almost every contest has ended with a flame war.

Before I shout out my opinion (very quickly), I want to say that the ones that have been disqualified because of not knowing that the rules were changed should just post one more time.
But they should only post if they would like their entries to be judged, if you don't care about the reward, then just forget this drama and move on.

Now to the actual drama, obviously a user that volunteers to be the judge of a contest should have enough free time to judge the entries well and also keep every contestant up-to-date with every change, especially when the rules have been changed. And let me just say this, it's not that users are too lazy to check every single post made by the judge (well ok maybe some), but when the judge gives a direct answer to a contestant, saying that he is allowed to make 4 active spells, then he can't just come back again after 2 hours or w/e and say otherwise. The contestant will take the direct answer and usually won't come back to see if that's also changed again.
IF the rules have to be necessarily changed, then update the main post (if you're not the author of that post, then just tell him in chat/leave him a vm/send him an email/pm him and if you do not have time to contact him, then I'm sorry, but you're not qualified to be a judge).

This is just pathetic and I'm pretty sure that you knew from the beginning on that you made a mistake and that you're just trying to defend yourself and your reputation by saying nonsense, maybe you're just trying to mindfuck us. Seriously, you're getting on our nerves.

Level 12
Because he don't have time. Do i have to repeat myself? Aaaand that he said he didn't want to.

He doesn't have time to judge Pharaoh's entry? What a fine judge. I wonder why people even take responsibilities they can't uphold.

Yes, really. I'm trying to think for a solution. What about you? Why are YOU discussing?

I'm not even going to bother and type a reply for this crap. Read the quote below and use your brain to determine whether I proposed a solution or not.

I've said it and I'll say it again, Schurke, just judge 2 falsely DQed entries and get this over with. We don't want them today nor tomorrow, take your time with the judging (not like TRD did though), we're not urging you to rush with the judging (we've already waited long enough). Do your job damnit, and stop being so stubborn, sheesh.

It seems that Schurke doesn't want to do anything anymore. If TRD already has the judging for Pharaoh and spencenator then they should be used here.

Level 12
You can't just use schurke's reviews and use TRD's 2 reviews for the disqualified ones.
Either we use all of TRD's reviews or schurke's.

But neither of them did the entire thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just remembered that both TRD and Schurke "agreed to add "The hero must have a passive spell" as a rule/condition".

Level 1
I'm not even going to bother and type a reply for this crap. Read the quote below and use your brain to determine whether I proposed a solution or not.

It weren't crap. Twas a question. And to the brain stuff: Some weeks ago i were getting lessons from some of the best scientist in Denmark, with the thing i were teached in was goddamn nuclear science, maths, theoretics and much more.. You shouldn't say things you know nawt about, and why the hell do we even keep discussing? We won't get closer to an answer on this shit.

And merry christmas, by the way :p

Status
Not open for further replies.