1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Contest #3 - Results

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Pyritie, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Skycraft

Skycraft

Resources:
    Resources:
    [rant]

Yes but you are not paying attention to what I am saying.
    People have lives, and they don't check the thread 24/7 or when they get home from either school/work/luxury.
    As a judge you must know what rules affect people and you have to notify the contestants so they can modify their entries.

The contestant doesn't need to check the thread after they submit their final entry, so it is YOUR job to tell them if something is wrong and he probably did read the rules too.
    You said he can have this entry in yourself -
    "of course you can have 4 active skills, 1 has to be an ultimate... but think before creating the spells: 4 damage spells won't be good for the balance."

I don't mean to sound like an asshole, but honestly this is stupidity by the judge in my view.
    [/RANT]

2. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry to say, but this is a crock of shit...

As well, changing the rules in the middle of a contest is wrong, as stevie said, people read the rules upon entry, and dont read again, you need to tell people about changes, so you don't get labled a dumbass when you disqualify someone after they ask you and you say its fine.

3. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well, if you want my opinion - judges are always the people who get all the blame in the end. They are doing heaps of work judging the entries, if one or two mistakes out of dozens of entries occur it should be forgivable. What I'm trying to say - c'mon guys, I think being up to date when participating a contest is standard for every contestant, it can't be THAT hard. It's not the judges' fault if others don't give a shit about the latest news.

4. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    bleh... I don't have a life?...kay kay

5. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have judged before, mistakes are easy to make, yes, but a mistake on this scale is hard to forgive, he openly said that it was okay, then when the results come out, Pharaoh was DQ'd for the things he asked and got okay-ed. All because the judge didn't let him know.

6. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    We could blame both parties now. Contestants for not being up to date and judges for not making things 100% clear.
    To be honest I'll continue by following this discussion as observer ... I became tired of arguing about drama situations like these.

7. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am not arguing anymore either, I stated my point, and it's done.

8. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    tl;dr

Why the hell did Pharaoh get screwed?

The contest rules only state that:

-The hero must have a total of 4 skills.
    -The hero must be like other WC3 heroes and have one ultimate skill and three regular skills.

Nobody has to read 50 pages before submitting a damn entry.

9. Fussiler1

Fussiler1

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hear, hear!

10. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Moin moin o_O

Pharaoh_ is disqualify? Can't understand this and I agree to Pharaoh. You said, OF COURSE he can use 4 activate spells but on page 10 you say something about a passive ability ... So you really expect, that everyone should read always those 50 - 60 - 70 sides of mass post, before an upload to make sure everything is fine?

If you don't know what you want from the beginning, don't take care of it anyway and don't make it as a fault of someone else! I really like Pharaoh_'s idea and what ya did, is very unfair!
    (Nothing against you schurke!, I'm the last who say something like that!, but that what happen is unfair really)

Else gratz to the winner!

Greetings and Peace
    Dr. Boom

11. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    yes you have, and like I stated before: Search for Judges entries.

There is nothing unfair about it, if one isn't able to follow rule adjustments, then I'm sorry, but it's the contestants fault. You all guys complaining about..."whine whine I dont wanna read some pages where contest related stuff is posted"... one has life, judge has to inform.... fuck off, judges also dont have the time to inform anyone who entered.

Before one submites something, one checks all rules + stuff posted by judges to be 100% sure nothing is done wrong!

And if I say you can use 4 active spells on the first page it may not be the latest stuff.... since it's posted on the damn 1. page.
    Get over it. Nothing unfair about it!

12. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you look at the bottom of your post, you should see this handy button called ''Edit''.

Keeping the OP updated shouldn't be too much trouble (especially for a contest).

13. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    how about just read??

14. Raven0

Raven0

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :ogre_hurrhurr:

15. Ramza

Ramza

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seriously? You don't see what's wrong with that?

Isn't it much easier to add all updates to the OP? So the contestants don't have to read through pages of spam to find out if there are any updated rules?

16. Hemske

Hemske

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Schurke, I have nothing against you in particular. But this is ridiculous.
    Just admit you might have done something wrong and everyone will be happy and satisfied. (Apart from Pharaoh: that is)

17. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    You're such a freakin' genius. I love how you fully recognize the purpose of the main post and the rules it contains.

Yes ofcourse! I should've known that the posted wall of text was for decoration.

18. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yep not every rule update is posted in 1. thread => standard, this rules are also active, but further rule updates affect those. I don't get the point what is so hard to read judge/mod posts to get in touch with further updates?

And again: If you join a contest you have to be sure that your submission fits every rule stated anyware in the thread related to the contest. If some are just too lazy to read 50-60 posts of judges (max)... Those are the same who only reply to longer posts.... "WETHF textwall dont gonna read this shit."

19. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why can't you understand that the only official rules are in the first post? Anything changed must be added/edited to the MAIN rules.

You do not have the authority to add/change rules halfway through the contest without officially updating them.

20. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Congratz to all ;)
    BTW: (my score was great, for first contest, and something like first spells :D)