1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hero Contest #3 - Results

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Pyritie, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And no it hasn't something to do with "whine whine whine". The point is that Pharaoh (in this case here) asked you and you give an answer! Later you changed this answer and now you say this was the fault of him by disqualify him and this is just a fail, because he trusted you, you even could pm him, so he knows that you changed your opinion about that!

Also you can comment like you want, you can't expect people to read every page, just because there is maybe something, what is important. Then you can change your opinion on every 10. page and at the end all fail! So if there are any rules changes at all, there should be a note that o the very first page, so all see that something changed.

2. 88WaRCraFT3

88WaRCraFT3

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I accept that too ;)

3. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some of us don't have the amount of time to read through over 100 pages of posts to find one stupid little rule change that you neglected to let participants know about. You as a judge should update the ones that this rule changes effects, at leas those that you know of. So that nothing like this happens. The way you are trying to justify this as right, just shows how insincere you are, and how much of a douche bag judge you can be.

Someone should not have to dig for a change that you made, even after you have went ahead and given the okay. When you give the okay to someone, then change the rules saying otherwise, you need to put it in the "official" rules on the first post, in which everyone sees.

100% agreed.

4. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

xxdingo93xx, I am very disappointed in you.

First off, do you really think that I give no s**t about the rules? Was that my first contest? Have I been disqualified in the past? No, in both cases.

Secondly, I don't think I have poured any "drama" drops in my post. I stated in a serious manner what happened. I think that my post has had serious, emotionally naked statements, nothing more, nothing less.

Thirdly, I don't see why you become an advocate of god knows who. Don't judge something, if you don't have a place in it. Yes, I might call situations like these "drama" ones myself, but ultimately, you have no reason to judge something, when you haven't been in my shoes before. I have every right to feel the way I felt (furious and disappointed), because luckily or not, I had concentrated the best amount of votes in the public poll, waited 8 months to be judged (when the results should be delivered within a maximum of 2-month period) to learn that I got disqualified.

Finally, out of the quoted xxdingo93xx, I don't demand anything. I am just stating the obvious. I was logged in all day in this site, people know that; I was keeping myself up-to-date just fine. That quote of yours was the permission-granted for me, to proceed with the completion of the four active skills. I can't pretend that I am ok with it, when I feel very bad about the result.

Apart from that, I really really don't understand why a hero can't have 4 active skills, when we are supposed to imitate the core of a generic ladder hero. Your mission was to compare the entry hero of ours with a hero of the default Warcraft III. When Lich, Blood Mage, Warden, Dark Ranger, Alchemist, Naga Sea Witch, Firelord, Beastmaster, Far Seer and Shadow Hunter have four active skills in their arsenal, I don't see why my hero is out of the Warcraft III's concept.

5. Mephestrial

Mephestrial

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In my personal opinion, all of the rules should have been figured out before the contest even began and then once posted, should NEVER change unless multiple contestants are abusing loopholes in said rules. And if changed, the original post should be immediately updated and a pm sent out to all registered contestants notifying them of changes in the OP.

This just sets a good system where we can avoid conflicts such as these.

6. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Agreed.

7. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You're making me break my own principals, but well, let me get this out.

uh-hu.

I probably expressed myself wrong. I don't think you don't give a shit about rules. It wasn't my first contest either and I have experienced disappointements, too.
    I wasn't refering to your post actually. It is the situation which is another drama-scene for me.

Right, you're saying it, "of god knows who". You can replace this with "nobody". As I already said, it is my opinion and I'm not trying to push someone to any side.
    If you've always kept yourself up-to-date why didn't you notice that the rules were changed? Sorry, but this is a lil paradox :/

Agreed actually. I think it is a matter of originality or style adding passive spells to a hero or not. It just so depends on the creator.

Ok to allow everyone to see my position - I'm neither speaking against you as I can imagine this being a big poopoo-situation nor standing behind Schurke's decision. I'm also not afraid of leaving the top three podeum since I already said a couple of times - this contest was my resignation of wc3 modding and I just wanted to leave my name behind somewhere here.

8. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:

He kept himself up to date until he got a response.

9. Garfield1337

Garfield1337

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Why did rules change anyway? Why does a hero need to have a passive ability?
    Just for teh lulz?

10. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    btw. why only 3-4 guys out of 27 failed to do heroes following the rules?..mysterious

11. Lich Prince

Lich Prince

Resources:
    Resources:
    No dingo, the rules were not changed.

There are only 2 entries that did not follow the actual guidelines.

I demand you judge the other two disqualified entries. We did not wait around a year for the judging to find out that you dismissed some submissions according to your own conditions.

12. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I won't judge those two, they failed following the rules, and those weren't my own conditions: TRD and I discuessed this and I posted it in the contest thread, if one is too lazy to follow judge posts, I'm sorry

13. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry but are you really that stupid like you are here? For everyone it's a clear situation but just you don't understand it right? So let's make it very simple:

At 03-17-2010, 08:09 PM you said, that it's be ok, to use 4 activate able spells. (The current rule at this time). At 03-19-2010, 05:44 PM you just change the rule, you give that there must be at least 1 passive. (The new rule at this time)

This means, between these times, Pharaoh was allowed, to have 4 activate spells, if this is balanced or not, this doesn't matter! Now the question is if he created those spells in these 2 days, but even if he didn't we can't prove it, so a disqualify is not allowed - simple thing! (Und nun mal ehrlich, gerade du als Deutscher (ich bin auch einer), in Deutschland, solltest doch wissen, wie so etwas von Statten geht und wie die Inkrafttretung von Regeln/Gesetzen funktioniert oder etwa nicht?)

It's like in the reality: If the government created a rule and make it valid today, they can't get someone, who broke this rule maybe for a year.

14. xD.Schurke

xD.Schurke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    sry, but you dont seem to get it: Stuff posted by judges affecting the rules are valid => I don't see the problem since only 2 people had no passive spell : and those got disquallified since judges decided so.

There was more then 1 month left.

@Dr. Boom: Sry i dont like you, you just get insulting + not english => report.

15. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I have not seen anything that underlines this quote.
    In fact, the HOST and only the HOST affects the rules from what I know.
    However of course he can listen to his judges and CHANGE the rules of the FIRST post and everyone can be notified by a POST telling of the rule change.

By the way, it's also up to the Host and the judges to notify a user if his entry does not fit the theme or does not follow the rules. That's the normal way the Hive handels it and I do not see any reason why this should be different here. Especially since you changed the rules, this becomes even more important.

Pharaoh_ asked a question directly and got an answer of you, telling him, that he could continue the way he did, now he has the right for sure to be notified in case of a rule change.

On a second note, I am pretty sure such a detail in the contest rules should have been changed BEFORE the contest did start. A rule fix should only happen, if there are visible loopholes, unclear rules or other issues that could effect the success of the contest.

I can fully understand Pharaoh_ 's reaction and hope for a rejudge of his entry for the sake of this contest ending fair and Hive - worthy.

16. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    xD.Schurke:
    You said he is allowed to, so he already is.

Remember this: If in a free marketplace you give your customers special conditions he will still have them even when all others, that have the normal conditions, have changed conditions.

Once you treat someone in another way, you cannot simply say that he has normal conditions again.

If a condition is not on the first page on the contests conditions, it has never existed.
    How harsh this may sound, but you have no rights not to judge his entry.

Congratulation to the winners.

Once more hive has shown that it doesn't know how to make proper rules.
    Rules should always stand in a contests first post. Also rules should be followed.

And I am sure there was a rule like "Before submitting a contest you have to write the final rules" into the first submission post.

17. Dr. Boom

Dr. Boom

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Schurke: I think more you report me, because you say that I have right .. actually we all have, but you can't see the truth. In fact we can say what we want, you just stay by your miss judge and be happy about it.

Anyway what ever happen, I hope we all learned something from this: 1) If you make a contest, make clear and understandable rules, where you are sure about it and 2) for all who join a contest again, read all pages
    up to 50,60 or 70, before you do anything, to make sure that you don't do something wrong.

18. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Agreed, you should not change rules throughout the contest, because it causes these problems.

No, hive has not failed, it shows how big of a dumbass xD.Schurke is in trying to slip things through the rules. He needs to realize what he has done, and judge them.

19. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Did Pyritie already have a word here? I think we should leave the decision to him.

20. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, if you read the contest judging post, he says otherwise about the change of rules.