1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Heaven's Fall: Melee Gameplay Mod

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Retera, Aug 13, 2012.

1. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    also, on a side note, the tauren totem thrower is OP!!! I think the price should rise. also, the troll hunters should at least get 1 armour point, and their armour should be light or unarmoured. (they are super fast, do they do sport drugs?) I like the new frostwolfs model, and it releases some nice particle effects (frozen paw prints, sooooooo cute! if i could, i would adopt one). maybe the ai for the computers could do with some touching up? other than that, I POWNED DEM LIKE DEY WERE LITTLE ASTEROIDS AND I WERE A GIANT FRICKIN ARMADA!!!!!

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't mind you asking me (in fact, I welcome it), but there are a multitude of options for contacting me that don't involve clogging someone else's thread.

3. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    ohh.... right. sorry retera

4. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    YAY! i found a bug! the spellhurler nuetral unit is not selectable when purchased (ie. has no model attached to file or the model isnt entered in correctly?)

5. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey, thanks for reporting that! I'll try to remember to see if I can get it fixed this evening after work.

In the meantime, as far as progress, I've now modded my editor to allow me to sort units using the Unit Class field courtesy of some other people here on the Hive, and I also got a pretty neat looking start on a new Northpact birth animation.

6. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    YAY!!! kep up da good work man XD

hiya!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  7. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Little late-night Lost Tribe v2 brainstorming here, let me know what you guys think. (see image attachment)

Attached Files:

8. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im nopt so srue about the red part of the altar, but it looks awesome! maybe add some variation to the buildings, like different ways they look, because the whole mushroom thing is col, but it all looks the same, i think if each food hut was looking a little different, just different lumps, different colours, different sizes, other things. just randomize the different models that the actual building pulls on(if thats possible XD)

9. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That "double-mushroom" thing looks weird, but cool.

Nice Altar. : )

10. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One of the things experimented with in the models in that picture was using a variety of mushroom textures instead of just 1 mushroom. It's hard to notice, but in the current HF lost tribe stuff they're all the same mushroom.
    The game actually has numerous versions of that mushroom texture, which is why some of the models (Edit: the new* models) have a more pinkish or purplish hue and spots on the mushrooms.

I definitely agree the buildings need more uniqueness, but there's one example of something I plan to try to use well to make the buildings all more unique.

Edit: Not going to double post, but here's an awesome new hero ability for the Northpact in HF v2!

Fishing Hero Ability
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  11. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    wouldn't that water only be in an area of effect (ie it only works there?) also, is the string for the rope exploiting a texture bug to be seen properly? and finally, what would the use of fishing be?

12. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think it exploits any bugs, it just draws a fishing line model from his hand to a point.
    The mechanics of the ability are pretty simple. Each time you cast it, he'll make a cast into a body of water if there's one directly in front of him. If there is, he'll wave the fishing pole around a bit then has a chance to make a splash effect and receive a fish item.
    The fish items get better as you level up and can be sold for a small amount of gold. So, if you want to farm-fish for a long time, you could make some gold -- or you can use the ability for generating healing items.
    There's also a chance you'll snag something like a Murloc Figurine that summons a murloc to fight for you, or a larger fish that can be saved and used as a weapon for bonus damage, or even a couple of other random things like a potion.

Here are some more pictures to make it clearer:

Fishing Skill 1
    [​IMG]

More about fishing
    [​IMG]
    (Actually, I think these were primarily level 3 fish since they're a lot better than the level 1 fish, but you get the idea.)

13. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    ohhh ok. then that's frickin awesome! btw the reason I said is it exploiting a bug is because sometimes when I'm playing games I see a line or a few lines just pop up out of nowhere, its a horrible bug and it can get really annoying. the line just looked like the texture glitch a bit, that's all. sorry. KEEP UP DAT GOOD WORK!

14. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like the fishing ability.

15. SuperbAvalon

SuperbAvalon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey! I only have internet for my laptop, not the pc and am unable to download and update using the new installer. Do you have an installer that I can just run once without internet with everything being up to date. Or relatively up to date? I'm a huge fan of HF!

16. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since you asked and I learned a really simple way to do it, here's a little local installer program for you!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92572084/hfmod/HeavensFallInstaller.exe

It is the current version but I know there are some bugs Wurmcrusher and I noted in it last time we played that still need to be fixed. That will mean that an update will probably come through the launcher at some point, and I can't promise this new link will stay current, but as of when I'm writing this it provides an installer for the same content available through the launcher.

Also note that the fishing ability is a part of the content being working on for the major revision, HF v2, and is not included in either the launcher update or this manual one.

17. SuperbAvalon

SuperbAvalon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you!

18. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When will this finish and what 2 race will yae add Mr/Miss Retera

19. leonidas555551

leonidas555551

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol I think he be a Meister:ogre_datass:

20. Oilman

Oilman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you please expand on what you mean by templating? The idea sounds extremely useful but I don't quite know what you're getting at. I'm already a bit worried about unitIDs in my own custom race mod, and at the same time would like to have 'plug and play' races (i.e. I can release a finished MPQ containing one race, and then work off that MPQ for the next race).

... any possibility of sharing that little secret? :p