• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I have following legendaries: The Beast, Summon an awesome invention-guy, E.T.C.

I guess no decks use ETC, it sucks...

Level 24
I finally reached level 60 with Valeera Sanguinar. :) Anyone else with any character at level 60 or high level?

Rofl, hunters are just broken very good atm, whoever plays them are just bad fine at the game and should not die of cancer. Won't play the game before uth is either removed or nerfed heavily... or after I calm down, lol...

Edit: all fine now, posted that because I lost to 4 hunters in a streak with a deck I got from rank 19 to 15 with shaman

What a lovely post. :)

They are annoying indeed. A lot of them focus on knocking off hp until you get low enough that they can just sit turns + steady shot you down. IMO, try to keep taunts up and get rid of hyenas as soon as possible. You don't want to let them get buffed by a houndmaster--and you definitely don't want to let them get unleash the hounds or snake trap off with one up.

Also, try to get solid board control early on. A lot of their low-tier units have 1 hp (e.g. timber wolf, starving buzzard) so a knife juggler is a pretty good option. And apart from starving buzzard, they don't have too many card retrieval units. Try to get those out of the way and they'll begin to run out of cards.

-------

So I played arena as a hunter today. King Krush is such a fun card, even if he isn't that strong (he is pretty expensive). He served as a great finisher, and his entry is beyond epic. He was responsible for about 2-3 wins (out of 9). Even though I dislike facing hunters, I have to admit that they are a lot of fun to play--the synergy of beasts lead to interesting combos. Oh, and it is nice when you get 3 scavenging hyenas for an arena deck. :)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Tried this out today vs Razosh, I lost the game but the game lasted until I ran out of cards and Razosh is more experianced with his 60 rogue than I am since it was my first game with the deck. I pretty much took every single card with a heal. Razosh won with like 2 cards more than me while I couldnt draw any more.

I can imagine him having a few rage issues after all those heals xD
I had 78 health that match.

fvy7ua.png

Level 24
That deck was a very persistant one though I would have actually won a few cards earlier had you not top decked heal with 3 card draw. :D

It was a fun deck to play against though and you showed much promise as always.

Level 24
Noble sacrifice is sadly never good against a rogue or druid. and as you said my strongest minion is the Chillwind Yeti which rendered your manipulator pretty useless. What works great against my deck is mostly a lot of late game legendaries since I got nothing that can match the stats those cards have so putting Ysera, Ragnaros and Onyxia in there would have aided you a lot. The biggest mistake you made though was telling me that your deck did not have any legendaries in them so I knew I could use Assassinate more freely.

Level 24
The new gold character pictures has been revealed and will be given once you've achieved 500 ranked wins with a class.

1959684_685012098208228_11406415_n.jpg

Level 24
As was to be expected I only wish they had an achievement system working before opening the game to the public. I'm still not goin to buy anything though I'm trying to see how far I can come without paying a single öre.

As was to be expected I only wish they had an achievement system working before opening the game to the public. I'm still not goin to buy anything though I'm trying to see how far I can come without paying a single öre.

Or some more statistics (who doesn't like statistics?!). And yes, high-five to playing without paying (I already give enough money to Blizz through WoW :p).

Level 24
Or some more statistics (who doesn't like statistics?!). And yes, high-five to playing without paying (I already give enough money to Blizz through WoW :p).

Yea if you include the 2 BlizzCon tickets I've bought I've payed just above 10 000 SEK for WoW.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Here's my arena runs:
#1 - 5 wins streak, then nerd opp. streak
#2 - 4 win, nerd opp. streak
#3 - 3 win, nerd opp. streak
#4 - 2 win, nerd opp. streak

The mmr raises too fast, I can't enjoy arena anymore. Now I'll have to start to buy packs instead of arena.

Edit: Kind of same thing in sc2 with me; I play until I reach gold, because after that I get nerd opponents and it's no fun anymore (gold is my skill level, I'm not smurf). Now I've kept month break already, I'll start again from bronze after month or so.

Level 17
The key to the arena is to play the most versatile classes not the classes you like. Mage first and if there is none paladin, shaman and druid may do OK.
If mage just pick as many fireballs, aoes and polys as you can. For pala/shaman/druid you want their buff cards, they also have good class specific cards.

You want to ignore synergy decks like hunter entirely as you are guaranteed to not get any of the synergy cards.
That, and you want instant effect cards and no conditional cards (though you can take enrage cards if you are mage) or RNGs.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Might try arena someday again, now I'm just fed up with it ^^

Level 17
So the upcoming expansion is revealed.
What do you think ?
Appears you will be able to get cards by doing a singleplayer campaign of sorts, however most of the campaign will be stuck behind a paywall. (that however does have a gold option)
My impression is kinda split about this one, I sure do prefer getting cards for just playing however without knowing the price and form of the entry payments it is a bit early to judge.
I could easily imagine it being exploited, but who knows !
The cards don't look too exciting but more card variety can never hurt.

Level 24
It seems to me like they're probably showing us all the low cost cards and they will more likely have tons of legendaries and epics to make a lot of money. to make it clear I don't think it's wrong of them to add a lot of legendary I just think we have the right to demand more than 2 commons. But then again I know very little so it's highly possible that they're making a lot of commons.

If they do not nerf Nerubian Egg we will see more silence I guarantee it.

I am however really disappointed that they did not take this chance to introduce the Death Knight class it seems like Blizzard are ignoring adding a new class since it wont make them money. And once again I understand they need to make money but there is a difference between greed and need and it seems to me they're just throwing away a perfect chance.

I also like the idea of making Naxxramas into different tiers since that's what I love the most about Naxx in WoW.

Level 17
I would not see it so bleak, though yeah I do find it weird they would not introduce the death knight hero at the same time.
It is not very clear whether you will get all the new cards via the campaign (which would be surprising really) though it may turn out they will but with a catch maybe ?
Such as that the entry to the next levels will be per try ? So if you lose you will have to pay again for next try and so on.
Though if that is the case I will still prefer to pay guaranteed I get something rather than have the new cards just thrown into the existing booster pool.

It appears deathrattle is gonna be a pattern here.. in that case I would also like more silence cards because at this point there are barely any.
I can see Rivendare ending up obnoxious, having such a tiny mana cost there will be nothing preventing you from simply playing him the moment before killing off your Cairne/Sylvanas.
As for the rest of the cards.. Dancing Swords are kinda underwhelming, Shade is decent and the egg is.. eh, unless you have a way to force the opponent into killing it or running it into the opponent yourself by buffing its attack.

Level 24
They did say you would get one legendary for free which sounds reasonable but I bet they got a lot more that they will not be parting with so easily.

I really liked all the cards we saw except for undertacker since they've literally just copy pasted secretkeeper and set deathrattle instead of secret. Other than that as I said I think they where really clever with their cards.

There isn't really a "best hero". ;) Most of them are pretty viable to do well in.

But if you're just starting off, then mage is a pretty good option (once you get flamestrike). But it is best to just experiment around and see what suits you best. That is how you get the most fun out of the game. :) Hunters are also a good option since their decks are pretty cheap, but they still require a few cards to be purchased (such as unleash the hounds), so I recommend you wait a little while and try to earn enough dust/gold. I recommend getting each hero to level 10 and then choosing one to pursue for a while (and you can invest some dust into getting cards for that hero).

Level 17
Play practice against the AI and unlock every class, after that try to get every hero to lvl 10 at least and beat all the expert difficulty AI in practice. (you should get like 300 gold IIRC)
I'd say Hunter, Hyena, UTH, Savannah and the traps are all above basic but they are still better than what any other deck offers at basic, their core spells are also all basic except for UTH.
Just add River Crocolisk, Ironfur Grizzly, Oasis Snapjaw, Bloodfen Raptor and Corehound until you find replacements and you will still have a deck with more synergy than any other basic deck.

Mage is ok, just one thing is that he has virtually no free minions except for Water Elelemental.
Shaman is also decent because he has 3 good minions for free, and his core spells Rockbiter, Windfury and Bloodlust are all free.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hey have any of you answered the poll which Blizz sent you at email? It redirected me to a error page at the end D:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Our goal at Blizzard Entertainment is to make the most epic gaming experiences possible, so we want to get your feedback as a registered user of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. We invite you to participate in an online survey where your responses will help us determine which areas to focus our attention in the coming months.

You must be 13 years of age or older to fill out the questionnaire. The entire survey is expected to take about 15 minutes to complete.

Click this link if you would like to participate.

We value your opinions and look forward to hearing from you. To report any issues with this survey, please email [email protected]. Due to the large volume of emails we receive, we are unable to answer every message at this address, but all messages are read. If you need assistance or support from a Blizzard representative, please visit our Support site for additional contact options or help with our games at:

http://eu.blizzard.com/support

I can't link you the poll anymore, because I used it.

Edit: For example, they asked what kind of features I want in the game. They had Observer mode, automatic ingame tournaments and adventure mode on the list so I chose them.

Level 6
Wow this game sucks. I played 4 games against players and all were defeats. Why? Because every goddamn player is so pro. This game is so unbalanced. And also somewhy enemies always get first turn and always get a minion that takes only 1 mana and i always get ones that need like 3 or 4 mana at the start.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Wow this game sucks. I played 4 games against players and all were defeats. Why? Because every goddamn player is so pro. This game is so unbalanced. And also somewhy enemies always get first turn and always get a minion that takes only 1 mana and i always get ones that need like 3 or 4 mana at the start.

I guess it's because the game is very, very p2w-aspected. No-life-247-hs-nerds won't see this problem because they've played it so much that they've gained essential cards over time.

Legendary cards are rare drops which are very powerful, you have none of these at the beginning and they're very priceful to craft, because they often decide the state of the game. However yet again blinded nerds won't see this problem because, of course, they have legendaries or high-class ordinaries called epics in their decks by themselves.

I recommend you to do as I and enjoy the game by viewing others play it on twitch. Sounds stupid to watch instead of doing by yourself, but why do you think watching others play games has gotten popular? It's 0% stressful and you get to see other's reactions to stuff, which is fun.

Level 24
I guess it's because the game is very, very p2w-aspected. No-life-247-hs-nerds won't see this problem because they've played it so much that they've gained essential cards over time.

That depends on how you watch it, you can as Trump has proven achieve legendary rank without paying with real money. I tried his deck and I reached rank 6 the difference was I switched out his Faceless Manipulator for Cairne Bloodhoof since I do not own any faceless manipulators.

If you want to be the best player in the world however you'll need legendaries that is true so I'd say it's pay to win too a very small degree.

Legendary cards are rare drops which are very powerful, you have none of these at the beginning and they're very priceful to craft, because they often decide the state of the game. However yet again blinded nerds won't see this problem because, of course, they have legendaries or high-class ordinaries called epics in their decks by themselves.

The big problem with legendaries is not that they're overpowered compared to other cards at their mana cost the problem is that the only 8+ mana cards that exists are all legendaries. This means that if your opponent has many high costs legendaries you will ultimately be overwhelmed since the only cards that you'll have that will be able to deal with the high cost legendaries are Assassinate and others that instantly kills a minion of or transforms it. The problem with this is of course that there only exists two 1 of these cards for every class.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

No-life-247-hs-nerds won't see this problem because they've played it so much that they've gained essential cards over time.
taavidude told us his first impression, and I damn well understand what he means...

Level 17
Boo hoo, you got a bad draw. 95% of the matches are decided by pure dumb luck.
That is why #1 ladder deck (AKA the "best" player on the server) is different every couple of hours, that is why #1 ladder decks sometimes don't even have any epics or legendaries and sometimes not even rares...
That is why you won't always win, get over it. Look at win ratio, not at "omg I just lost 4 times in a row !".
When you start doing that you will finally have fun playing the game, don't worry thought everybody will initially have such a phase.

Claims legendaries/rare cards win games are made up by scrubs unable to take a loss with a calm head. What wins games is luck with draw and card advantage, legendary or not.

Last edited:
Level 24
WlVJcVH.png

This deck costs 1 300 dust which he has gathered in 38 episodes all about 30 minutes long which adds up to a total of 19 hours of game play, not really 24/7 nerd. And as I said I do just fine with switching out the epic card which would take down the cost to 900 dust.

Level 34
Probably because you played when ranking reset. When ranks reset you'll get matched up with better players. At least that's been my experience.

Level 24
Probably because you played when ranking reset. When ranks reset you'll get matched up with better players. At least that's been my experience.

No kidding after the April reset I had a hard time getting past rank 17 even though I'm normally rank 6.

Level 17
Ranks 20~17 are in fact extremely hard lately, this is because of the trend of skilled players purposely farming (win then concede) rank 20 for gold and golden portraits.
Given ranking up is actually a bad thing as there is no reward for ranking well other than Legend card back and e-peen and your matches get longer and much harder, your win ratio plummets and so do your progress towards gold and gold portrait.
It even gave a birth to this underground community of people who befriend each other en masse and concede when they run into somebody from their "farming pals" friend list to make it even faster.
Add the fact people are trying to rush to regain ranks after a season wipe and there you have it.

Level 24
Maybe I should stay at rank 14 and win 75% of my games then. :D My goal is to improve my Hearthstone skill and the victorious learns nothing therefor every failure is a lesson and every lesson improves you. Therefor I would not say that it's useless to fight for high rank, I rather enjoy the challenge in fact.

Level 17
A lot of people (me included) needs extra stimuli to try harder. There is the legend card back.. but it is not achievable for the wast majority of people.
At above rank 5 you will face only the best of the best decks, no knock offs of the top decks with cheaper card alternatives and it becomes more about luck and persistence than about anything else and because of the lack of win streaks at high ranks majority of people will never get past rank 5, which is a shame really.
The fact that at ranks 5+ you can get pitted against players from the ladder doesn't help either.

Last edited:
Level 17
Unleash the hounds now has been nerfed back because of all the crybabies.
4/8/2014 - R.I.P hunter

Long live miracle rogue, and pretty much nothing else. /game
Really, really, disappointed. Just another display of Blizz being absolutely inept at balancing the game.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

FGBWFC6VUJ031399400176721.jpg

Oh... still won't play the game (I only watch streams now for relaxation, awesome :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.