• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So as many of you might know Blizzard will has launched the closed beta version of their card game Hearthstone and are planing to release the completed version later this year. This will be a free to play game that will be playable on the PC and Iphone and will offer a completly free way to achieve the perfect deck without paying a cent, they have actually paid a lot of people to play the game without buying any ingame items for real cash so they can get a better understanding of how to balance out the game.

A bunch of youtubers and randomly selected people has been invited to test their game and even though items bought for ingame credits will not be compensated for when the real game comes out, the people that decides to purchase for real cash will be compensated. And here to give you an introduction to the game we have my favorite youtube celebrity wowcrendor.

So what do you think about this game, are you as interested in this game as I am? Please post you comment here and tell us why you do or do not look forward to it.

Level 24
Well, the game look really good and pretty, i can wait to play, cause i like card games, and card game of wow, perfect :p

Me too I remember when I was young and started with Digimon (technically pokémon was the first one and even though I loved the serie I never really got into the card game) and then Yu-gi-oh which I was an even bigger fan of.

There are quite a few classes I want to check out like rogue or hunter, even though the hunter class is the one of the three classes I want to critizise since they picked Rexar out of all the hunter candidates, why pick Rexxar when you could have picked Sylvanas Windrunner, Alleria Windrunner, Vereesa Windrunner or Tyrande Whisperwind instead. The other two classes ofcourse being Death Knight and Monk since you can not play as them and especially since my main is a blood elf blood DK I'm a little grumpy over the fact that I can't play as my favorite class and considering that we have so many perfect death knights like Koltira Deathweaver being my favorite. Had I the power I would have switched some of the champions picked right now for example I would switch Jaina to Aegwynn since Aegwynn defeated the avatar of Sargeras, Rexxar to Sylvanas Windrunner and Garrosh to Cairne Bloodhoof since Cairne was able to kick Garrosh's @$$ in combat.

My favorite class for this game has to be rogue though since Death Knights are not availeble and Valeera Sanguinar is the only playable blood elf and blood elfs happen to be my favorite race and the feat I'm most proud of is the guild achievement Classy Bloodelves which involves leveling up all 9 playable blood elf classes to level 85 on my one man guild. :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Fucking blizzard never telling accurate release dates... was it this year? >.>

Level 24
Yes it was this year and if you buy a ticket to BlizzCon you will get a reward for Hearthstone which indicates that it will be released shortly before or during BlizzCon.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's the first Blizzard game my friends have talked about. Bad thing actually, everytime I hear "Hearthstone" the hype gets all over me. :/

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Diablo 4? More like Warcraft 4 :3 Yeah game about cards made by a big company sounds a bit odd...

Level 24
What's there to realize about Diablo IV, I realize that Blizzard are making Diablo III so why make a Diablo IV?

Level 2
Honestly i have just one dumb gripe about HS from the footage.
Gorehowl isn't a legendary.
Apart from that HS is probably one of the most hyped up things since GTA V.

Level 24
Honestly i have just one dumb gripe about HS from the footage.
Gorehowl isn't a legendary.
Apart from that HS is probably one of the most hyped up things since GTA V.

Well every class can only have 1 legendary and who would you rather have as a legendary Gorehowl or Grommash Hellscream, the wielder of Gorehowl?

Level 24
Maybe every class should have a legendary weapon aswell.

That would not work since not all classes use wepons and I believe changing that would only make the game worse. Besides paladins already have a legendary wepon and minion who works as one card what would we make for them?

Level 2
Being now officially inside the closed beta I can say it's deffinetly worth it. ;)

Lucky bastard!

--
If anybody here watches husky's play on Hearthstone,they'll have seen his crazy draw for Warrior Pirate deck.
Upgrade + Captain Greenskin + Bloodsail Raider + Gorehowl.
9/3 weapon and 11/3 minion,not bad.

Level 24
Lucky bastard!

--
If anybody here watches husky's play on Hearthstone,they'll have seen his crazy draw for Warrior Pirate deck.
Upgrade + Captain Greenskin + Bloodsail Raider + Gorehowl.
9/3 weapon and 11/3 minion,not bad.

Then you should see when Wowcrendor and Totalbiscuit makes a legendary card duel, that was epic. ;)

Level 24
I just had the craziest arena game of my life my opponent summoned two Malygos's. It's a pity that they don't use the sound files from WoW and WCIII since they are so much better for example the voice actor of Nozdormu is Martin Sheen. Imagine how much better the game would be if they used the sound files from WoW so they had Alexstrasza say "Take heart heroes, life will always blossom from the darkest soil!" and Malygos saying "I will teach you ignorant children just how little you know about magic!"

Level 11
Pretty dull and unbalanced game tbh. Just pick a bunch of cheap beasts and Starving Buzzards. Unless your enemy has massive amounts of AoE skills, you will win. Of course i play only unranked, so maybe there's players who knows how to counter this in ranked games.

Level 24
Pretty dull and unbalanced game tbh. Just pick a bunch of cheap beasts and Starving Buzzards. Unless your enemy has massive amounts of AoE skills, you will win. Of course i play only unranked, so maybe there's players who knows how to counter this in ranked games.

It's pretty easy to counter yes there are a lot of heroes like Warlocks or Priests who have super overpowered board controll abilities. And yes the game is pretty unbalanced that's why it's beta and not a demo.

Level 24
The BlizzCon 2013 mystery card is going to be the golden legendary Elite Tauren Chieften which is a 5 mana card that has 5/5 stats and grants both players the card rock that deals 4 damage to a selected character.

Last edited:
Level 24
I got in the beta few days ago. Game is quite nice an graphics are great. Although the gameplay gets quite repetetive after the first 50 matches or so, though I see most players pulling out different tactics everytime.

If you want to keep an interest in the game you must play every class and often switch out the class decks, linear gameplay will always get you bored eventually.

Bump. How have things been going for you guys? What ranks have you gotten?

I was testing out the beta recently, just messing around. I'm mostly playing a lock. Sitting around rank 18 at level 18 or something. But hopefully I'll climb a little. I haven't played very many ranked matches yet, but the ranking system is pretty fun so far.

A quick anecdote for a facepalm: I was playing a ranked match as lock vs. mage. I pretty much had the game won (I think I even emoted "Well played"), but the mage had a "Secret" that gave them ice block. I had 15 hp, the mage had 2. I tried to cast soul fire on the block (I didn't know what the ice block did yet), but it said immune. So I tried moving my card back to my hand, but I mistakingly dropped it on my hero's portrait! (I'm using a mousepad :\) So I did -5 to myself, lost a card, and dropped down to 10 hp. I figured it wouldn't matter. But what do you know? The mage gets a pyroblast right then. The guy realized I made a stupid mistake, and emoted "sorry" twice. He did one pyro, and boom I was dead. Went from a free win to a loss. It might sound a bit depressing the way I described it, but the whole situation was pretty hilarious. I hope I gave that guy a good laugh. ;P

Level 24
So I did -5 to myself

That has happened to me as well when the battery in my mouse died. ;)

Right now I'm rank 12 they recently updated the rank system and I have been unable to playfor the past two days due to some stupid error so I expect to be progressing soon since I was 1 star master previously.

Level 24
Here's some fanart of a Diablo III inspired Hearthstone.

soulstone__heroes_of_pandemonium___concept_by_dexistor371-d70mot3.jpg

Last edited:
Level 13
Cool, would actually be quite nice if they started adding diablo 3 cards :)

After playing a bit like shaman I've also come to realize that rouges are the most OP (not that shamans don't have some cards which are just stupidly good). The rouges and their combos just seem to demolish me :/

Level 24
Cool, would actually be quite nice if they started adding diablo 3 cards :)

After playing a bit like shaman I've also come to realize that rouges are the most OP (not that shamans don't have some cards which are just stupidly good). The rouges and their combos just seem to demolish me :/

Combo rogues are certainly good against a few decks allthough the most bad@$$ deck I have at the moment seems to be my warlock murloc deck.

Also don't forget to follow the Polaris Hearthstone tournement.

Level 13
Combo rogues are certainly good against a few decks allthough the most bad@$$ deck I have at the moment seems to be my warlock murloc deck.

Also don't forget to follow the Polaris Hearthstone tournement.

Lol, I don't have any problems with murloc decks though. I can see their potential, but my shaman usually owns them anyway :)

Lol I just had the weirdest game as my lock vs a pala. He had 5 hp and I had 8. He had a secret up, and I sent my infernal to kill him. It did kill him (he went down to -3), but his secret made it so that I got attacked too for the same damage (which was 8 :mad: ), so I died too. Both of our portraits shattered and then it said "Defeat" for me, But I don't think I lost any stars.

Have you guys had ties before?

Level 24
If you don't pay for the game you're going to hit a wall around rank 10-12 as I've done since many games comes down to late game top decking and in those scenarios the guy with legendarys are going to win 9 times out of ten.

Level 13
If you don't pay for the game you're going to hit a wall around rank 10-12 as I've done since many games comes down to late game top decking and in those scenarios the guy with legendarys are going to win 9 times out of ten.

I have exactly the same problem. Stuck at rank 12-13 :S

But I think if you play Arena and get far, you have a good chance of winning legendaries. I'm not sure though.

Level 24
I have exactly the same problem. Stuck at rank 12-13 :S

But I think if you play Arena and get far, you have a good chance of winning legendaries. I'm not sure though.

The chanse of getting a legendary is slim no matter how you approach it, I had the fortune to win the Beast from a deck but that's all the luck I've had after winning over 400 ranked games.

Level 34
Strikes me like legendaries hardly win games. There's only a few that are any good. Also from watching streams it seems like rush decks can work fine at high levels.

One thing that bugs me slightly, is that arena is simply the best way to increase your card pool. You pay an extra 50 gold to get a guaranteed pack and either gold or that dust stuff. And if you win enough games you get more than one pack and you can get back more gold than you spent. The best I've done is 5 wins and I got 120 gold and a pack. They need to make playing ranked a better source of income imo.

Level 34
No way man. I'd probably quit if pack were any harder to get. I like it's somewhat casual nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.