1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by Razosh, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Mamma_Pappa

Mamma_Pappa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Got my beta like 10 days ago.

It was fun for abit, but boring without friends.
    Especially when they all play LoL.

2. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    The game is pretty fun, but i miss the more advanced gameplay from MTG.

3. Jealot

Jealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I saw that a while ago,the ysera awakens was so funny,
    I just saw Noxious play a milhouse on turn one,then get owned by a mindgames play which put a ragnaros on the opponent's field on turn two.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydiqTuEvXCA

4. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just had the craziest arena game of my life my opponent summoned two Malygos's. It's a pity that they don't use the sound files from WoW and WCIII since they are so much better for example the voice actor of Nozdormu is Martin Sheen. Imagine how much better the game would be if they used the sound files from WoW so they had Alexstrasza say "Take heart heroes, life will always blossom from the darkest soil!" and Malygos saying "I will teach you ignorant children just how little you know about magic!"

5. Jealot

Jealot

Resources:
    Resources:
    got my key yesterday,Hooraah!
    But damn,the basic decks are rubbish!

6. Kala

Kala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pretty dull and unbalanced game tbh. Just pick a bunch of cheap beasts and Starving Buzzards. Unless your enemy has massive amounts of AoE skills, you will win. Of course i play only unranked, so maybe there's players who knows how to counter this in ranked games.

7. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's pretty easy to counter yes there are a lot of heroes like Warlocks or Priests who have super overpowered board controll abilities. And yes the game is pretty unbalanced that's why it's beta and not a demo.

8. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Mage is too powerful :p

9. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would claim priests has the largest upper hand right now.

10. Kala

Kala

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think Shaman and Paladin are the most powerful atm.

11. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Literally a Blizzard. Or a Holy Nova. *Grin*

12. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    The BlizzCon 2013 mystery card is going to be the golden legendary Elite Tauren Chieften which is a 5 mana card that has 5/5 stats and grants both players the card rock that deals 4 damage to a selected character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRr9J7_5Cp0

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  13. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I got in the beta few days ago. Game is quite nice an graphics are great. Although the gameplay gets quite repetetive after the first 50 matches or so, though I see most players pulling out different tactics everytime.

14. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you want to keep an interest in the game you must play every class and often switch out the class decks, linear gameplay will always get you bored eventually.

15. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Bump. How have things been going for you guys? What ranks have you gotten?

I was testing out the beta recently, just messing around. I'm mostly playing a lock. Sitting around rank 18 at level 18 or something. But hopefully I'll climb a little. I haven't played very many ranked matches yet, but the ranking system is pretty fun so far.

A quick anecdote for a facepalm: I was playing a ranked match as lock vs. mage. I pretty much had the game won (I think I even emoted "Well played"), but the mage had a "Secret" that gave them ice block. I had 15 hp, the mage had 2. I tried to cast soul fire on the block (I didn't know what the ice block did yet), but it said immune. So I tried moving my card back to my hand, but I mistakingly dropped it on my hero's portrait! (I'm using a mousepad :\) So I did -5 to myself, lost a card, and dropped down to 10 hp. I figured it wouldn't matter. But what do you know? The mage gets a pyroblast right then. The guy realized I made a stupid mistake, and emoted "sorry" twice. He did one pyro, and boom I was dead. Went from a free win to a loss. It might sound a bit depressing the way I described it, but the whole situation was pretty hilarious. I hope I gave that guy a good laugh. ;P

16. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    That has happened to me as well when the battery in my mouse died. ;)

Right now I'm rank 12 they recently updated the rank system and I have been unable to playfor the past two days due to some stupid error so I expect to be progressing soon since I was 1 star master previously.

17. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's some fanart of a Diablo III inspired Hearthstone.

Diablo 3 Fan Art
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  18. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool, would actually be quite nice if they started adding diablo 3 cards :)

After playing a bit like shaman I've also come to realize that rouges are the most OP (not that shamans don't have some cards which are just stupidly good). The rouges and their combos just seem to demolish me :/

19. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Combo rogues are certainly good against a few decks allthough the most bad@$$ deck I have at the moment seems to be my warlock murloc deck.

Also don't forget to follow the Polaris Hearthstone tournement.

20. saphiree

saphiree

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol, I don't have any problems with murloc decks though. I can see their potential, but my shaman usually owns them anyway :)