• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that bugs me slightly, is that arena is simply the best way to increase your card pool. You pay an extra 50 gold to get a guaranteed pack and either gold or that dust stuff. And if you win enough games you get more than one pack and you can get back more gold than you spent. The best I've done is 5 wins and I got 120 gold and a pack. They need to make playing ranked a better source of income imo.

It took me a while to realize this. I wasted a decent amount of gold just buying packs manually.

Although, I don't think it is that bad that arenas are the best way to get packs. They are pretty fun overall. They do take a while though, and they tend to involve a lot of gimmicky cards.

I agree that they should make ranked a better source of income. I know Blizz wants to make money off of it, but the game is a larger grind than I expected.

Level 24
I agree that they should make ranked a better source of income. I know Blizz wants to make money off of it, but the game is a larger grind than I expected.

We'll see Blizzard is already giving us so much for free I don't really think they owe us anything easier to get. (Atleast when it comes to HearthStone)

Level 24
since I spent tons of cash on the game I got 9 :p

black knight
tirion fordring
gelbin
sylvnas windrunner (obiously :D)
alextrasza
nosdormu
ragnaros
the murloc
leeroy jenkins

A nice collection though I'm suprised you don't have Ysera she's my personal favorite. And I forgot to add Old Murk-Eye to my list.

Level 24
she doesnt really suit my decks. Most of my decks are quite aggresive and a 4-12 card is not the best in that case.

spent around 1000 swedish crowns on cards packs so would be pretty bad if I didnt get some cards right? :p

Yea you normally want some legendarys for that amount of money.

We'll see Blizzard is already giving us so much for free I don't really think they owe us anything easier to get. (Atleast when it comes to HearthStone)

I agree now. I had no clue they gave other bonuses, such as when you won 100 games (just got it today). ;P Perhaps it isn't too bad afterall.

Anyway, today things turned for the better. I had gone winless in my last two arena sessions (0 wins, 6 losses), and then joined a new one today as a druid. I lost my first (after which I felt cursed, having lost 7 in a row), but fortunately won the second. Then I lost again, and figured I'd go 1-3, but I managed to win 7 in a row. :ogre_haosis:

What do you guys tend to go for in your arena decks? Do you focus on getting a bunch of low-mana minions? Or do you focus on the high-tier units? (or some other tactic?)

Level 24
I agree now. I had no clue they gave other bonuses, such as when you won 100 games (just got it today). ;P Perhaps it isn't too bad afterall.

Anyway, today things turned for the better. I had gone winless in my last two arena sessions (0 wins, 6 losses), and then joined a new one today as a druid. I lost my first (after which I felt cursed, having lost 7 in a row), but fortunately won the second. Then I lost again, and figured I'd go 1-3, but I managed to win 7 in a row. :ogre_haosis:

Sometimes arenas just seems to go your way and sometimes they are turning into a living hell, I remember meeting a druid who started with 3 Innervate and coin in to a turn 1 Ragnaros. Not fun.

What do you guys tend to go for in your arena decks? Do you focus on getting a bunch of low-mana minions? Or do you focus on the high-tier units? (or some other tactic?)

I usually try to get a good balance between early mid and end game cards.

Also new update info.

Hearthstone Update: Upcoming Changes 1/13
Thank you so much for continuing to play, test, and give feedback on Hearthstone as the closed beta testing phase begins to draw to a close. We are monitoring card balance over time, and without your continued testing efforts, we wouldn't have the necessary data we need in order to make changes to cards that may warrant them. This should be our last big set of balance changes; once we go live, we plan to make very few card changes, and only if they are absolutely necessary.

We will be making changes to the following cards: Unleash the Hounds, Sylvanas Windrunner, Blood Imp, Defender of Argus, Pyroblast, Dark Iron Dwarf, Abusive Sergeant, Warsong Commander, Charge and Novice Engineer.

Unleash the Hounds' mana cost is now 2 (down from 4)

Unleash the Hounds was intended to give Hunters their own form of AoE and to have synergy with other beast cards, but its old cost was too prohibitive.

Pyroblast's mana cost is now 10 (up from 8)

The 8-cost Pyroblast made for an un-interactive experience where the Mage only needed to do 10 damage during the course of a game and then double Pyroblast you for the win. We want Mages to be more interactive with the opponent to achieve victory, rather than delay the game until they can Pyroblast.

Blood Imp is now a 0/1 and now reads: Stealth. At the end of your turn, give another random friendly minion +1 Health.

The Warlock has three very strong 1-cost minions and that made the Warlock rush deck slightly stronger than we were comfortable with.

Warsong Commander has been reworked and now reads: Whenever you play a minion with 3 or less Attack, give it Charge.
Charge (the spell, not the keyword) has been reworked and now costs 3 mana. The card's new power reads: "Give a friendly minion +2 Attack and Charge".

Both of these cards were key components in "One Turn Kill" or "OTK" decks that kill your opponent in one turn without requiring any cards on the board. We want the game to be about playing minions and fighting for board control rather than just waiting until you can play your big combo and win in one turn with no interaction from your opponent.

Abusive Sergeant now reads: Battlecry: Give a minion +2 Attack until end of turn.

Abusive Sergeant was changed to make its power the same as the Dark Iron Dwarf and to give it additional versatility.

Dark Iron Dwarf's buff now only lasts until the end of the turn.

This change was made to reduce the Dark Iron Dwarf's overall power slightly. We also wanted to make the Battlecry effect the same as Abusive Sergeant's as to not force you to permanently buff one of your opponent's creatures.

Defender of Argus is now a 2/3 (down from 3/3)

Defender of Argus was a card that found itself automatically included in many decks due to its power and stats. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.

Novice Engineer is now a 1/1 (down from 1/2)

The Novice Engineer was played in most non-rush decks (and even some rush decks) due to its cost and power. Similar in reasoning to our Defender of Argus change, we want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks.

Sylvanas Windrunner's mana cost is now 6 (up from 5)

Sylvanas had power and stats that made it a bit too powerful compared to other 5-cost cards, which made it automatically included in many decks. We want players to have an option of what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks (especially Neutral ones) are not ideal.

Expert cards that are being changed can be disenchanted for their full cost for a limited time when the patch goes live. We hope these changes will increase the variety of cards you will see at all levels of play, and make playing Hearthstone a more fun and interactive game for everyone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I just downloaded the game, what is a good class to start? (Don't act like there wouldn't be the easiest class, just like protoss in sc2)

Level 24
I just downloaded the game, what is a good class to start? (Don't act like there wouldn't be the easiest class, just like protoss in sc2)

The class with the best starting cards is definitely mage, which one is your favorite on the other hand you'll need to find out on your own.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'll try a couple of days with mage and some else, thanks for the tip.

Level 24
I'll try a couple of days with mage and some else, thanks for the tip.

You'll progressively get more cards as you level up until you reach level 10 with a class so I'd recommend leveling them all up to 10 and then pick your favorite.

Level 34
Mage is the easiest due to straightforward spells and the best Hero Power. The Paladin is also fairly easy and quite strong.

Hunters suck. Period. Which is my favorite deck... :' (
Warriors are pretty poor too, but not like Hunters.
The rest are actually pretty balanced.
I'm waiting for Shaman Nerfs though, specifically Bloodlust. Why they nerfed other OTK cards but not that is beyond me.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Now I've played this game for 2 days, ranked and arena is full of nerds hearthstone-dedicated people, but casual is awesome (I win 50% of games there, just as it should be)! And I like playing with friends too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
The final round of Hearthstone beta invitations have now been sent away so if you don't have one by now you wont be able to play until the beta goes public.

Level 34
I disenchanted the Priest Legendary. I'd rather get a handful of more useful commons and rares.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Does anyone have opinion on priest balance? (I'm as good as dirt in hs but still) One priest put a card against me whose damage equals to it's health, then doubled its health twice, from 5 to 20. So it was 20/20 minion, which could do some serious damage.

Good thing I was druid that game, I won him without doing shit to the imba minion...

Level 24
Priests are way to OP at the moment, Shadow word death costs way to little to remove a minion with 5+ attack and Northshire cleric should really be nerfed to a 1/2.

If you want a good starter deck with only starter cards I'd suggest.

Chillwind Yeti x2
Darkscale Healer x2
Gnomish Inventor x2
Ironfur Grizzly x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Novice Engineer x2
River Crocolisk x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Holy Nova x2
Holy Smite x2
Mind Control x2
Power Word: Shield x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Shadow Word: Pain x2

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Here's my druid deck, I've won 3 in a streak with it. What should I change?
mydruiddecknumber1.jpg

Edit: Whoa, now I've lost 3 in a streak with it T_T I guess there's something to change. I put an ancient protector there (the 8-8-8 thing), which I used against warrior, but it was no use though, you know, execute has no limits... I actually would have won if he had no execute...

Level 24
Here's my druid deck, I've won 3 in a streak with it. What should I change?
mydruiddecknumber1.jpg

Edit: Whoa, now I've lost 3 in a streak with it T_T I guess there's something to change. I put an ancient protector there (the 8-8-8 thing), which I used against warrior, but it was no use though, you know, execute has no limits... I actually would have won if he had no execute...

It happens a lot that you end up loosing to top decking though if you want to play good as druid I might not be the right guy to ask for help.

Although here's one I found on the INTERNET.

2x Innervate
2x Claw
2x Elven Archer
2x River Crocolisk
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Mark of the Wild
2x Novice Engineer
2x Savage Roar
2x Wolfrider
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Gnomish Inventor
2x Swipe
2x Starfire
2x Ironbark Protector

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hmmm... 2 x 8-8-8 ironbark protectors? I will try to make that deck and play a couple of games.

Edit: It's not that good against mage, but I guess it's OK...

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I sold my nozdurmo and pyroblast to buy some rare cards. Highly worth it.

"Priests are way to OP at the moment, Shadow word death costs way to little to remove a minion with 5+ attack and Northshire cleric should really be nerfed to a 1/2."

not really. You can counter the cleric by not placing out any minions until you can oneshot it. And after that just roll on. I rarely lose to a priest tbh.

However I feel combo rogues are rather strong atm. Druids are in a pretty good spot too.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

not really. You can counter the cleric by not placing out any minions until you can oneshot it. And after that just roll on. I rarely lose to a priest tbh.

Could you get a screenshot of your deck here with which you counter priest easily? :) Or list them or something...

Level 24

It seems rather ridiculous that a 1 mana spell can't kill a 1 mana minion it's like if fireball wouldn't be able to kill 4 mana minion or if frost bolt couldn't kill 2 mana minions.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@jond
I done got a specific deck that counters priests. But I can link one of my main decks in a minute.
Noble Sacrifice 1x
Equality 2x
Argent Protector 2x
Bloodsail Raider 2x
Knife Juggler 2x
Sword of Justice 2x
Aldor PeaceKeeper 2x
Imp Master 2x
Truesilver Chamption 2x
Blessing of Kings 1x
Consecration 2x
Defender of argus 2x
SpellBreker 2x
Avenging Wrath 2x
Argent Commander 2x
Lay on Hands 1x
Tirion Fordring 1x

@razosh
Generally class cards are better than common cards that's why. Also there are many 1 cost cards that are the same. I mean mana wyrm is basicly the same card. Defias ring leader is also a extremely strong card since you can coin>use it = triggers combo = 2/1 + 2/2 at turn 1. Shamans for rockbiter weapon which deals 3 damage. Warlocks got soulfire and corruption

Level 24
It still feels like arcane shot which costs 1 mana should be able to take out a 1 mana minion.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Chillwind Yeti x2
Darkscale Healer x2
Gnomish Inventor x2
Ironfur Grizzly x2
Northshire Cleric x2
Novice Engineer x2
River Crocolisk x2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x2
Shattered Sun Cleric x2
Holy Nova x2
Holy Smite x2
Mind Control x2
Power Word: Shield x2
Shadow Word: Death x2
Shadow Word: Pain x2

That hasn't worked so well, I have difficulties at keeping the board control... Could be just me with my noob tactis though... >.<

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Oh what? LOL, I meant

2x Innervate
2x Claw
2x Elven Archer
2x River Crocolisk
2x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Mark of the Wild
2x Novice Engineer
2x Savage Roar
2x Wolfrider
2x Shattered Sun Cleric
2x Chillwind Yeti
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Gnomish Inventor
2x Swipe
2x Starfire
2x Ironbark Protector

Didn't see Razosh posted two builds on that page ^^

Level 24
To be honest these are not decks I've personally played with since my decks contains some rather expensive cards.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
However I feel combo rogues are rather strong atm. Druids are in a pretty good spot too.
I don't have too much trouble with priests either. I hate combo rouges a lot though. Just too sick man :/

bitch please I said it first :D
just kidding, glad someone agrees on that point.

Level 34
I actually haven't been beat by a combo rouge yet, but I am playing Druid. The scariest yet was a rouge that ran almost no minions except molten giants and some other higher end cards. He played a molten giant for free, then played that 5 mana card that copies another minion, and then argent commander'd them and almost beat me. He had taken way too much damage early though since I kept complete board control until that point. Also I never drew Starfire that whole game. : (

Also, I don't like Ironbark protectors at all. I have won a couple games with it, but usually I am already winning and too often it (I run only 1) simply sits in my hand and I know playing it will just be a waste of mana (it'll be killed or negated by a card that costs less mana). For example when the above mentioned rouge played his molten giant combo, I played ironbark and probably my hero power, and he just assassinated it (I already drew assassinate out once, but apparently he had both most of the game).

I still need a lot more class cards to really rise in ranks. I still have no starfall, which is really needed for clear (swipe is doing ok, but that 1 damage just isn't enough).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Uh, what kind of cards you need against warrior who has many high cost minions and weapon and +5 armor + draw and stuff? Haven't won a single game against it T_T

Level 24
Uh, what kind of cards you need against warrior who has many high cost minions and weapon and +5 armor + draw and stuff? Haven't won a single game against it T_T

Starfire could do very nice damage and help you with the card draw.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

really? thats actually quite odd. I would say warrios are at 6/10 or 7/10 atm. Just kill his enrage creatures instantly with stuff like druid of the claw charge or starfire or starsurge. I dont really think much when I fight warriors its basicly keep the board clean and do steady damage on him.

Level 34
Warriors are kinda weak right now. Not sure what to say though, I usually just beat warriors by controlling and having better class cards.

Level 24
you can also abuse oozeling vs warriors bye bye gorehowl

Pretty much any deck should contain disgusting Ozeling to counter rogues, paladins and warriors.

Bye bye Gorehowl, Ashbringer and Assasins blade with 2 deadly poisons.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I guess it's only on lower ranks then (I'm there ^^), just crafter starfall, hope it helps...

Edit: I have two oozelings on my druid deck

Level 24
I think inervate would work well vs warrios too. Means you can play ironbark at round 4 o_O

that will counter any enrage creature. But execute is OP tho

That still dosen't beat a guy I played against in the arena who coined and 3 innervate to spawn a round 1 Ragnaros. Needlesly to say I lost the game.

The point being that innervate is a really nice card and could be used to spawn a round 3 Ironbark Protector.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Ironbark would probably get executed, I don't have it on my deck atm. Some cards are not just worth themselves. Good example is Hero Tauren Chieftain; he's 5-5-5, and gives both player randomed 4-mana card. It has a chance of giving the opponent golden taunt card lol...

Level 24
Razosh#2146

And just in case you don't remember me from the SvD beta we're both from Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.