• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone Tournament #4 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Level 24
I'd love to join in it's been a while since I played Hearthstone. I think it will end up being on the European server in the end since that's how the past three have ended. What should be the rules then. I suggest each player should be allowed to ban X amount of cards, lets say five since there are some in the game that are just outlandishly good. And if you want to attract less skilled players I don't suggest letting people use Dr.Boom and that feckin 4 - 3 shredder.

Level 24
Wait, banning cards? Huh?...

Looks like I'm definitely sitting this tournament out. Not even the world championships ban cards.

It was simply a suggestion, I thought it would be off-putting for players with a low range of cards to be up against something like Dr.Boom who is way overpowered that they can't compete against.

Level 31
Level 24
Well the 1 000 dust tournament I put up wasn't that popular and I see why, we could try something along the lines of 3 000 or something but I wouldn't recommend using 1 000 again, that was a huge mistake by me. :D

Level 24
I was trying to think of a few different themes we could use I don't know what people will think of them but here we go.

1. Normal: Use the same model as the first tournament.
2. Vanilla: Use the same model as the first tournament but only allow Basic, Classic and Reward cards.
3. Limited dust: Use the same model as the third tournament where your total card dust value may not exceed X amount of dust.
4. All-Star: Everyone creates one deck for every single class and use every class against the other players and the first person to win 5/9 matches wins.

Level 24
It seems simpler to just read the rules here and follow them rather than having every participant read through a 7 A4 pages long list of rules. :D

Level 24
What were approximatly the times you played on 1 day?
I want to set a time limit for the tournament day for the case it takes too long.
I thought about 3h limit. And then we can decide if we go on or play on next day.

We will probably end up picking a time that works for both North American and European players. The way we usually did it was we picked a weekend where everyone was to finish of all of their games and then crowned a winner based on the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.