• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone: Heroes of WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
And the public beta for hearthstone has started it's just to go onto battle.net and download the game.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Look at dem buffs :O It's always nice to play with priest lol
Hearthstone_Screenshot_1.26.2014.18.18.46.jpg

Level 24
Look at dem buffs :O It's always nice to play with priest lol
Hearthstone_Screenshot_1.26.2014.18.18.46.jpg

Yea I did something similar with Power Word Shield + 2x Divine Spirit + Inner Fire. My opponent surrendered instantly, having a 1 mana minion with 20/20 stats is pretty darn good. :D

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

My friend told me he has got 1/3 to 29/29 with priest once, priest can do miracles ^^

Level 24
one vaporize to rule them all

One Vaporize, Assassinate, Polymorph, Siphon Soul, Deadly Shot, Hunters Mark, Execute, Hex, Naturalize, Humility, Equality, Silence, Ironbeak Owl, Mass Dispel or Shadow word Death to rule them all. ;)

Level 13
Am I the only one finding hunters op after the nerf of release the hounds? They can totally overrun you on a single turn, and if they use it in combination with either starving buzzard or the wolf which gives them all +1 attack it's ridiculously strong.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

how about force of nature along with +2 attack shout? 12 damage from treants, and 2 damage from hero. 14 damage from that combo alone, now count in other possible minions on the field :D

I guess there's some ridiculous combos on all the classes after all...

Level 34
Hunters aren't anything close to OP.

Also I just won a game against a mage that was really weird.
So he had 3 ice barriers in his arena deck, got all three. So I spent most of the game getting through those, but I always had board control. I was on shaman, and at the end of the game (turn 15 or so I think) I had full board and bloodlusted them. I didn't count, but I think I must have had like 40+ damage on the board that turn. He had 30 health at that point (due to ice barriers) and I obviously won (with like 3 attacks of a possible 8 or so).

Anyhow, pretty cool game.

Level 24
After entering a winning streak I managed to get to rank 8 but I swiftly went on a loosing spree after that since everyone that high had superior cards since I haven't payed a cent for the game. The highest rank I managed to maintain was rank 11.

Hunters aren't anything close to OP.

Also I just won a game against a mage that was really weird.
So he had 3 ice barriers in his arena deck, got all three. So I spent most of the game getting through those, but I always had board control. I was on shaman, and at the end of the game (turn 15 or so I think) I had full board and bloodlusted them. I didn't count, but I think I must have had like 40+ damage on the board that turn. He had 30 health at that point (due to ice barriers) and I obviously won (with like 3 attacks of a possible 8 or so).

Anyhow, pretty cool game.

Haha. I wonder what was going on in his mind when he decided to pick-up three of those. It is a decent card (akin to healing touch) for survival, but I never end up keeping too many character-heals/absorbs in my deck.

How long did the game last? :p

Level 34
Probably around 16 turns. Pretty long one. Yeah the barriers definitely did not help. He would use them and gain 0 board control.

Level 24
The only thing hunters seem really good at is rush decks due to their hero power. Other than King Crush and Core Hound they don't seem to have too many end game cards though.

Level 34
And they have really unreliable clear and unreliable single target spells. I like that Hunter cards are unique in their use (usually), but it costs them in the long run.

Just got VanCleef and was trying him out. It is pretty fun, but takes a lot of build-up. I usually get him at least to 6/6, and once got him to 12/12. I usually pair him with the questing adventurer to get some insane units.

Sadly, it takes a lot of cards to get it to work, so my deck is kind of RNG-heavy. I usually lose if they get my questing adventurer down or if I don't get VanCleef. It is still pretty fun though, except when VanCleef is polied/one-shotted. Biggest demoralizer ever. :(

Leeroy is still probably better than VC, but I haven't gotten Leeroy yet.

Level 24
Just got VanCleef and was trying him out. It is pretty fun, but takes a lot of build-up. I usually get him at least to 6/6, and once got him to 12/12. I usually pair him with the questing adventurer to get some insane units.

Sadly, it takes a lot of cards to get it to work, so my deck is kind of RNG-heavy. I usually lose if they get my questing adventurer down or if I don't get VanCleef. It is still pretty fun though, except when VanCleef is polied/one-shotted. Biggest demoralizer ever. :(

Leeroy is still probably better than VC, but I haven't gotten Leeroy yet.

The best decks do sadly use a lot of legendarys most of which the unpaying costumer doesn't own. VanCleef is still a really good card and should be combined with preparation, backstab, eviscerate, shiv and all other low mana cost spells you can find.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Hm, anyone else having difficulties against mage as rogue? What kind of minions should I run against 'em?

Edit:
My first 40/40, see attachment.

Attachments

• hearthstone 40-40.png
    hearthstone 40-40.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 183
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I do have some problems with rogue vs. mage. Try to avoid units with 1 hp, because it'll just be asking for a hero power to kill it (or you can put something like a loot hoarder and "force them" to use their power on it). Try to get board control early, and don't let them put down their minions. Often times they'll resort to their spells, and it is good to get them out of the way early.

Against them, the mid-level units are the best IMO. I love chillwind yeti against them because it has high enough hp + good attack. It can usually force a fireball or occasionally a poly. Usually aim for 4 or more, and be wary of the turn where your opponent gets 7 mana because they'll usually have a flamestrike ready to take your units down (e.g. don't play a weak unit if you know he will just AoE it down).

---

I was playing arena as a druid today. Man, force of nature is a lot of fun (and a little ridiculous). With savage roar, it is a guaranteed 12 damage. I faced a poor priest who had awesome board control and ~24 hp, but I still had two decent units on the board (and he had no tanks), so savage roar + force of nature just took him down. :p

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I remember a derp game vs donsvetilo I think it was. I played a early game rush down deck 3 mana or less cards pretty much. So I had 8 minions out (not sure about the number but max you can have on the field atleast.) and then I used the card that gives them death rattle sumoon a 2-2 when it procs. Free win at that point xd

I cant recall that I had that kind of feeling aginast a mage. But they counter low hp minions indeed.

Level 24
Edwin Vancleef is the best card rouges have against mages since he's stealthed and if he gets more than 4 health your opponent can't kill him with flamestrike. Stranglethorn Tiger also fills that purpose I suppose.

Edwin Vancleef is the best card rouges have against mages since he's stealthed and if he gets more than 4 health your opponent can't kill him with flamestrike. Stranglethorn Tiger also fills that purpose I suppose.

He doesn't have stealth by default anymore. You'll have to throw up a conceal, although most rogues usually have that in their miracle deck anyway.

Level 24
Playing it against a priest is very risky due to mind control or shadow word death though I'm happy things turned out so great. But to be fair you could just have hammer of wrathed him down and suicid dived your Aldor peacekeeper and he would have been dead anyway.

Last edited:
Combined a sacred shield based deck and buff based pala deck. Not even OP.

to get the stats I used:
played scarlet crusader > played blood knight to buff it up to 6/6
2x blessed champions.

But in the deck I also got blessing of kings and blessing of might that pump it up too :)

Haha nice. Blessed champion is definitely a good OTK card, as is divine spirit + inner fire (both are percentage based). I'm surprised you got 2 in your hand at the same time though. :p It is always fun to stack buffs. I think I got kings + 2 blessing of might in my hand once, and my poor little 1/1 young dragonhawk turned into hell. I actually like the dragonhawk a lot in my pally deck (except against mages, and sometimes rogues/druids), because it is the cheapest windfury and almost always provokes someone to waste a turn killing it (and if you happen to get wisdom on it, you'll have so much fun).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'm too lazy to make a new thread for it, just want to point out top 3 most powerful classes:
1. Hunter; too many options: uth costs only 2 mana, which means you can easily have couple of buffs and "when a beast dies" cards along with uth.
2. Mage; you can be good with lesser amount of good cards. Flamestrike is brutal card, 4 dmg aoe is really critical, and you can buff it further with spell damage cards. And imo mage has the most useful hero power.
3. Priest; so troll-ish class, damage equal to health is so good, along with double a minions health.
I think my order isn't off, at least about hunter. Uth is just ridiculous atm...

Level 13
I'm too lazy to make a new thread for it, just want to point out top 3 most powerful classes:
1. Hunter; too many options: uth costs only 2 mana, which means you can easily have couple of buffs and "when a beast dies" cards along with uth.
2. Mage; you can be good with lesser amount of good cards. Flamestrike is brutal card, 4 dmg aoe is really critical, and you can buff it further with spell damage cards. And imo mage has the most useful hero power.
3. Priest; so troll-ish class, damage equal to health is so good, along with double a minions health.
I think my order isn't off, at least about hunter. Uth is just ridiculous atm...

Much agree. They can damage you down so fast, and their hero power does its job well too :/

Level 24
The only big promblem I can find with mages is frostbolt which costs 2 mana deals 3 damage, freezes the target and can target the enemy hero meanwhile warlocks has a 3 mana card that deals 4 damage and can only target minions which means that it's not only a worse card than frostbolt it also costs more mana which is ridiculous. In my opinion they should reduce the damage dealt by frostbolt to 2 and make it only capable to target minions.

Priests, Hunters and mages are all really easy to play when you got no card which creates a big balance difference in low ranked games which should be tended to.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

druid's wrath should get nerfed then as well. i think when comparing frost bolt with wrath atm they're balanced, because wrath is more suitable in more situations, but doesn't freeze.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

wasn't it 1 mana for 3 damage and 1 overload? or then i'm way off... :/

Level 24
No that's true but it still costs you 2 mana it's just paid out over the course of 2 rounds.

Level 24
When we speak about cards like earth elemental the main problem is that you can play it round 5 when your opponent can't do anything about it unless he has assassinate or some similar spell which makes it really strong. And unless you compare Earth Elementals to legendary cards it's a pretty strong card but since legendarys are superior to other cards it's not as good in high ranked games as in low ranked games.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Rofl, hunters are just broken very good atm, whoever plays them are just bad fine at the game and should not die of cancer. Won't play the game before uth is either removed or nerfed heavily... or after I calm down, lol...

Edit: all fine now, posted that because I lost to 4 hunters in a streak with a deck I got from rank 19 to 15 with shaman

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I'd appreciate if you posted your deck, I need help against 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.