• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveal Date: March 22nd (PAX East)
Release: Beta (Summer 2013) / Full release (2013)
Platforms: PC & Mac & iPad
Official Website: PlayHearthstone.com (+Beta signup)

ʃ About

"Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game that anyone can enjoy. Players choose to play as one of nine epic Warcraft® heroes, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent."

> FAQ

178091-albums5176-picture67040.png
178091-albums5176-picture67041.png
178091-albums5176-picture67042.png

ʃ Discussion

Post a comment telling us about your thoughts on this new project that Blizzard is experimenting on.

Last edited:
Level 21
I really fell ashamed sometimes to be liking Blizzard's games sometimes.
Diablo III was a waste of money, but I did love World of Warcraft and Starcraft a bit now.

It's not the idea I dislike, but that obvious feel of marketing.
There's no other reason behind this merchandise.

Blizzard Entertainment's artists mostly do a great job with designs and execution,
and that's what I respect (and admire sometimes), regardless of the circumstances, but they fail to translate their ideas properly on several occasions.
Example: I really loved Diablo 3' story, as generic as it was.
First, I have only watched the cutscenes (no actual gameplay at all), and it felt just like it was supposed to: genuine.
However, once I watched some walkthroughs, I realized that the story was transmitted in such a stiff and apathetic way (lacking interaction and minor cutscenes, mostly).
I partially understood most people's disappointment with the game.
Things started to feel very clinical.

Level 14
In my very opinion that happens because BLIZZARD is losing reputation. We have a new WoW per year, a suckingballs Diablo 3 and this Heart of the Swarm thing (I don't play Starcraft so I can't judge it). BLIZZARD is trying to lure players with games so he it stays on top. Alright, WoW, diablo and starcraft might do the trick a bit, BUT A CARD GAME!!!???! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!????!!
*Chucknorristhumbsdownface*

Level 1
I watched the video and well, I am not interest even the slightest. It looks so unimportant that it may be April fool's. But what do you expect from Blizzard? It's high time you accepted that Warcraft lore, Blizz decided to continue from RTS to MMORPG aka WoW. There will be no going back to RTS, no War4, maybe future games will have a reference to Warcraft lore but it all remains in WoW.

Level 14
Wait until monthly contests and 'arena rating' is introduced; then comes the item shop...unlockable cards and stuff like this... we all know Blizzard too well.

Just read through the FAQ and tadaaam

CardGame LOOT lol

We do plan to test the in-game store during the beta test, and players will be able to purchase card packs using their Battle.net Balance or other Battle.net-supported payment methods

Each pack comes with five random cards. Your chance to receive a particular card depends on its rarity: common (white), rare (blue), epic (purple), or legendary (orange)

Level 11
PAX East: Diablo III (PS3) & Blizzard Allstars

Reveal Date: March 22nd (PAX East)
Release: Beta (Summer 2013) / Full release (2013)
Platforms: PC & Mac & iPad
Official Website: PlayHearthstone.com (+Beta signup)

ʃ About

"Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game that anyone can enjoy. Players choose to play as one of nine epic Warcraft® heroes, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent."

> FAQ

178091-albums5176-picture67040.png
178091-albums5176-picture67041.png
178091-albums5176-picture67042.png

ʃ Discussion

Post a comment telling us about your thoughts on this new project that Blizzard is experimenting on.

To be honest, the presentation of material seems rather off-tone and dry

Level 24
The cheerful art style looks rather appealing, and a fantasy card game could possibly be fun to play, if only for a while. I assume I will play it upon release, considering it is free and all. Something tells me it won't quite be the hit MTG was, though. We'll have to wait and see.

Level 24
Shouldn't this be posted on the general gaming forum or the WoW forum since this game is based on characters from World of WarCraft. I like that you've posted this topic and it's a great game but this is not where i expected to find it. I thought this forum was for anything related to the WarCraft series and this game itself is not an official part in that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.