• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Heroes of Azeroth, prepare to embark for an exotic new frontier! World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™ is launching on September 25, 2012, and you can be ready to play when the servers go live by pre-purchasing the game digitally. Plus, for the first time ever, players will have the option to upgrade a pre-purchase to the all-new Digital Deluxe Edition, which comes with all of the in-game items from the retail Collector’s Edition. Beginning September 25, 2012, World of Warcraft players around the world will be able to set sail for the long-lost continent of Pandaria, where they’ll explore forgotten dungeons, vanquish risen evils, and play their part in the Horde-Alliance conflict as it reaches a critical breaking point. Whether you plan to level your existing character to 90 or start fresh with a new pandaren Monk, it’s never too early to begin preparing for your adventure. Simply log in to your Battle.net account, and then pre-purchase Mists of Pandaria. You’ll then be flagged to automatically download the expansion content prior to release so you’ll be ready to go when the game launches. During the pre-purchase process, you’ll have the option to grab either the Mists of Pandaria Standard Edition for €34.99/£29.99 or the all-new Digital Deluxe edition for €49.99/£39.99 -- or, if you snag the standard edition now and decide you want to upgrade to Digitial Deluxe later, you’ll have the opportunity to do so for an additional €15/£10. The Digital Deluxe edition includes a full digital copy of the expansion, as well as a selection of Pandaria-inspired in-game content for World of Warcraft, Diablo III, and StarCraft II. If you’re looking for even more plunder, a special Mists of Pandaria Collector’s Edition with additional bonus items will also be available exclusively at select retail locations for a suggested retail price of €69.99/£59.99. Learn more about the Digital Deluxe Edition Learn more about the Collector’s Edition For more details on the September 25, 2012 release of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, be sure to hit the official press release, or head to our new Mists of Pandaria game page to learn more about the expansion and prepurchase your digital copy. *When you pre-purchase World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, you will be able to download an encrypted version of the game once it’s available, prior to the game’s release. This content will be unlocked and available for play when the expansion launches on September 25, 2012.

Compared to what I was expecting, that's a pretty early release! For as much as I despise the fact that Pandaria and the Pandaren at such an integral part of the expansion (I had always hoped the continent in particular would be a small part of a much larger release), I am stoked for the talent and ability changes coming in 5.0. Maybe the game will be able to hold my interest for longer than a couple months this time.

I just hope they don't end the season too early. Those periods of time are the worst to play in, it just feels sad not to have the options. Bgs get boring after you've done them a thousand times. The only real thing I would do is level alts during that time but I don't have as many anymore. :(

But it is good news that they have a release date. I just hope my server won't be one of those that are constantly down due to hitting server peaks.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
MoP in my eyes will be both good and bad

Good

-world pvp comes back due you cant fly in the new zones
-the new talent system is awesome
-challange mode
-black market sell bind on pickup items is nice

bad

-pandas will ruin WoW they are ugly and don't suit in the game at all and will be confusing since they can be both ally and horde
-pokemon aka pet batttle

Level 3
MoP in my eyes will be both good and bad

Good

-world pvp comes back due you cant fly in the new zones
-the new talent system is awesome
-challange mode
-black market sell bind on pickup items is nice

bad

-pandas will ruin WoW they are ugly and don't suit in the game at all and will be confusing since they can be both ally and horde
-pokemon aka pet batttle

Well, you can fly in the new zones when you hit level 90. Also, I disagree with you about the Pet Battle system. It adds a great new feature providing hours of fun. In my opinion, Blizzard really did a great job on this.

Also this entire deal with "Pandaren does not fit in WoW!" and "OMG Blizz this is becoming a kids' game!" is ridiculous. Considering this is a WC3 modding site, it's unbelievable how many people are unaware of the fact that Pandaren played a role in WC3. I know they were originally introduced as an April's Fool, but, mainly due to the artist Samwise, they've developed much further from that and has actually integrated itself into the lore. On another note, it gives a perfect aspect of Eastern socities, like Tauren do with Native American socities, Trolls with South American etc.
If it wasn't for Kung Fu Panda I doubt there'd be this many complaints about MoP becoming more of a children's game. If any of you have seen some of Blizzard's newer updates from the Beta it's obvious to see that the war between the Horde and Alliance will play a much bigger role. A bloody, terrible and all but children friendly war.

I honestly think MoP will be the best thing that has happened for WoW in a long time. I realize I may sound like a fanboy, but considering the disappointment Cata was, I'm just being optimistic and hoping Blizzard actually learns from their mistakes.

Level 11
Well, you can fly in the new zones when you hit level 90. Also, I disagree with you about the Pet Battle system. It adds a great new feature providing hours of fun. In my opinion, Blizzard really did a great job on this.

Also this entire deal with "Pandaren does not fit in WoW!" and "OMG Blizz this is becoming a kids' game!" is ridiculous. Considering this is a WC3 modding site, it's unbelievable how many people are unaware of the fact that Pandaren played a role in WC3. I know they were originally introduced as an April's Fool, but, mainly due to the artist Samwise, they've developed much further from that and has actually integrated itself into the lore. On another note, it gives a perfect aspect of Eastern socities, like Tauren do with Native American socities, Trolls with South American etc.
If it wasn't for Kung Fu Panda I doubt there'd be this many complaints about MoP becoming more of a children's game. If any of you have seen some of Blizzard's newer updates from the Beta it's obvious to see that the war between the Horde and Alliance will play a much bigger role. A bloody, terrible and all but children friendly war.

I honestly think MoP will be the best thing that has happened for WoW in a long time. I realize I may sound like a fanboy, but considering the disappointment Cata was, I'm just being optimistic and hoping Blizzard actually learns from their mistakes.

still you think... and i've heard the same words for Cataclysm but look what cataclysm did to wow... still we need to wait till the release to see

Level 11
I don't just "think". I have something to base my arguments on, as I've played the beta, and it currently looks very promising.

auctually i was excited too when i saw new expansion i tought blizzard finally got something good, now before 2-3 days i was watching gameplays from MoP - Same wow just some things added they continue like they want i think their plans are to get our money and than make the other Game Titan with the money they took from us. Anyway good luck i wont buy MoP instead MoP ill get Gw2 i was watching gameplays because i had problems with my credit card i could not pre-purchase it and it looks very promising.

Level 3
auctually i was excited too when i saw new expansion i tought blizzard finally got something good, now before 2-3 days i was watching gameplays from MoP - Same wow just some things added they continue like they want i think their plans are to get our money and than make the other Game Titan with the money they took from us. Anyway good luck i wont buy MoP instead MoP ill get Gw2 i was watching gameplays because i had problems with my credit card i could not pre-purchase it and it looks very promising.

Don't get too excited unless you're into PvP. GW2 is basically WoW with a worse questing system, but a way superior PvP system.

Level 11
Don't get too excited unless you're into PvP. GW2 is basically WoW with a worse questing system, but a way superior PvP system.

For first time i will say your not right. I was for swtor at the very begining but i knewed that its like WoW clone. But now for GW2 i can defend it and prove your wrong just point the category ill give you links to learn auctually i thought it would be wow clone too, but when i saw the gameplay, the features and other staff im really impressed and i think finally Good MMO after some time. I dont know if GW2 can destroy WoW because WoW was a name but it was, now its ruining if you didnt know from 15 M subscribers when Burning Crusade was released now it has 9.1 M ( this is in june 2012) so as you can see 5.9 M subscribers and i think some subscribers will get back with MoP but when they see everything and thats just weeks than the number will fall down.

Level 3
For first time i will say your not right. I was for swtor at the very begining but i knewed that its like WoW clone. But now for GW2 i can defend it and prove your wrong just point the category ill give you links to learn auctually i thought it would be wow clone too, but when i saw the gameplay, the features and other staff im really impressed and i think finally Good MMO after some time. I dont know if GW2 can destroy WoW because WoW was a name but it was, now its ruining if you didnt know from 15 M subscribers when Burning Crusade was released now it has 9.1 M ( this is in june 2012) so as you can see 5.9 M subscribers and i think some subscribers will get back with MoP but when they see everything and thats just weeks than the number will fall down.

Well, from what I've experienced in the betas, GW2 isn't that different from WoW. It's definitely not "revolutionary" or whatever people tend to call it. It's the same concept, which is to be expected from an MMO. Aside from differences in lore and such, the only major differences are, as I've said before, the questing- and PvP systems, whereas the latter possibly is something along the lines of revolutionary, but that's only one aspect out of many. I'm not saying GW2 is worse than WoW, if anything I'm saying that if you enjoy PvP more than anything else you should switch to GW.

Level 11
Well, from what I've experienced in the betas, GW2 isn't that different from WoW. It's definitely not "revolutionary" or whatever people tend to call it. It's the same concept, which is to be expected from an MMO. Aside from differences in lore and such, the only major differences are, as I've said before, the questing- and PvP systems, whereas the latter possibly is something along the lines of revolutionary, but that's only one aspect out of many. I'm not saying GW2 is worse than WoW, if anything I'm saying that if you enjoy PvP more than anything else you should switch to GW.

I know what you wanted to say but i say that PvE is also better in Gw2 than in WoW

Level 14
I see a pattern ^.^

When WoW TBC was drawing near, everyone was super excited, mostly because Classic WoW was such a great experience. That's just what people felt at the time. Hey I wasn't even a part of any 40man raid, PvE was hard to do, but still the game was deemed as fun.

Than TBC came which really hit the jackpot. Sure it was not all that innovative, all it did was bring Arenas, everything else was just to make it more casual and the old "new talents, more levels, new areas" etc. Personally I remember having tons of fun, it was so cool. Ofc I was biased as my favorite characters were Illidan, Kael and Vashj. At the time I was one of those people who said "how can there be Blood Elves at Horde??". Eitherway, even if it was unbalanced, I still think it was the best expansion with the best boss fights ever and the best dungeon ever.

Than WotLK was announced. People thought it would be this revolutionizing expansion. That it will be better by leagues than TBC that it will be just as cool as Classic WoW if not even cooler. It actually produced a lot of disappointment to the players. It's really when the playerbase changed, the old veterans quit, felt the game didn't cater to them at all anymore, and new players arose, those who wanted to play WOW because it was the most popular mmorpg for some time now. People who felt they are entitled to win the game because they pay 15$ per month. Other than better looking terrain and Quests System, I feel like WotLK didn't bring much to the table. All in all WotLK was a farm fest, changed completely the notion of raiding. If before raiding was a threshold to achieve in WOW, in WotLK it became as casual as 5mans.

Than Cataclysm was announced, it will bring back content for old veterans. And you know what, it did... the 5man dungeons were actually hard. I haven't had so much fun with 5 man dungeons ever, not even in TBC. But you know what? Catering to the old veterans (who didn't return in the numbers they expected, as many just quit the entire genre all together) made the new entitled casual guys scream loud and cancel their subscription. And you know what? It worked! Mid-expansion, Blizzard throws in a tool which tells you how to solve the boss fights, although they said they wouldn't do that. Raiding became as casual as it ever been, everyone could do it, it was no harder than frying two eggs in a pan. From where I felt that fights were spectacular and tactical in Classic & TBC, they turned into dynamic and gimmicky. I remember Ragnaros fight being impressive, but fighting Deathwing was.... what the hell was that. Cataclysm became even more of a let down than WotLK. It was the expansion in which it was clear that there were two different camps in the playerbase, the hardcore players and the casual entitled. The casual entitled do bring much more money to Blizzard, so eventually they got catered too.

However, eversince WotLK, the number of subscribers has dropped. Blizzard realized that the NA and European markets provide less money from WOW than the Asian market. So now Blizzard decided to cater to the asians, they brought in Pandaren and Pokemon. It's not pure coincidence, it's not the fact that Blizzard love their franchise, it's not about Pandaren making the game better, it's about making WoW a cultural interest for asians. That's why there are so many asian themes in this expansion. Not just the architecture, but the black souls, the art of the lion-men race, the giant turtle which hosts an island on it's back, all that stuff is there not to make the game good, but to appease the Asian market.

Now I will admit that the new talent system in MOP is actually cool. And I also admit that it's nice to not have a supreme evil bad guy who has a plan to end the world and needs his ass kicked.

But seriously... MoP might not disappoint as much, because Cata disappointed the most and for good, you know? Like I don't expect to like MoP. I expected lots of stuff from Cata, but I don't expect anything from MoP, because I know where Blizzards interest lies. It doesn't lie in me, they don't want me to have a good time, they want the asian kid to have a good time. They don't want my enjoyment, they want the asian kid's money.

I really feel like the game just lost it's purpose, it's identity. In Classic and TBC, I felt it was the game in which you did what you wanted to do. In Classic I didn't even raid, I was just happy leveling and exploring. And for a good time it was what I enjoyed in TBC too. Than in TBC I started raiding. Raiding was fun, especially Karazhan. It felt like an open world, a real open world.

With the introduction of Achievements and instant teleport to instance system, I feel like the capital city is the main menu, and than everything else is instanced and not part of the same whole, of the same world.

I expect MoP to disappoint too, if there are still people to disappoint. I expect it to be a huge letdown, especially for the old Blizzard fanbase. Just like SC2 story and D3 are.

Level 11
I see a pattern ^.^

When WoW TBC was drawing near, everyone was super excited, mostly because Classic WoW was such a great experience. That's just what people felt at the time. Hey I wasn't even a part of any 40man raid, PvE was hard to do, but still the game was deemed as fun.

Than TBC came which really hit the jackpot. Sure it was not all that innovative, all it did was bring Arenas, everything else was just to make it more casual and the old "new talents, more levels, new areas" etc. Personally I remember having tons of fun, it was so cool. Ofc I was biased as my favorite characters were Illidan, Kael and Vashj. At the time I was one of those people who said "how can there be Blood Elves at Horde??". Eitherway, even if it was unbalanced, I still think it was the best expansion with the best boss fights ever and the best dungeon ever.

Than WotLK was announced. People thought it would be this revolutionizing expansion. That it will be better by leagues than TBC that it will be just as cool as Classic WoW if not even cooler. It actually produced a lot of disappointment to the players. It's really when the playerbase changed, the old veterans quit, felt the game didn't cater to them at all anymore, and new players arose, those who wanted to play WOW because it was the most popular mmorpg for some time now. People who felt they are entitled to win the game because they pay 15$ per month. Other than better looking terrain and Quests System, I feel like WotLK didn't bring much to the table. All in all WotLK was a farm fest, changed completely the notion of raiding. If before raiding was a threshold to achieve in WOW, in WotLK it became as casual as 5mans.

Than Cataclysm was announced, it will bring back content for old veterans. And you know what, it did... the 5man dungeons were actually hard. I haven't had so much fun with 5 man dungeons ever, not even in TBC. But you know what? Catering to the old veterans (who didn't return in the numbers they expected, as many just quit the entire genre all together) made the new entitled casual guys scream loud and cancel their subscription. And you know what? It worked! Mid-expansion, Blizzard throws in a tool which tells you how to solve the boss fights, although they said they wouldn't do that. Raiding became as casual as it ever been, everyone could do it, it was no harder than frying two eggs in a pan. From where I felt that fights were spectacular and tactical in Classic & TBC, they turned into dynamic and gimmicky. I remember Ragnaros fight being impressive, but fighting Deathwing was.... what the hell was that. Cataclysm became even more of a let down than WotLK. It was the expansion in which it was clear that there were two different camps in the playerbase, the hardcore players and the casual entitled. The casual entitled do bring much more money to Blizzard, so eventually they got catered too.

However, eversince WotLK, the number of subscribers has dropped. Blizzard realized that the NA and European markets provide less money from WOW than the Asian market. So now Blizzard decided to cater to the asians, they brought in Pandaren and Pokemon. It's not pure coincidence, it's not the fact that Blizzard love their franchise, it's not about Pandaren making the game better, it's about making WoW a cultural interest for asians. That's why there are so many asian themes in this expansion. Not just the architecture, but the black souls, the art of the lion-men race, the giant turtle which hosts an island on it's back, all that stuff is there not to make the game good, but to appease the Asian market.

Now I will admit that the new talent system in MOP is actually cool. And I also admit that it's nice to not have a supreme evil bad guy who has a plan to end the world and needs his ass kicked.

But seriously... MoP might not disappoint as much, because Cata disappointed the most and for good, you know? Like I don't expect to like MoP. I expected lots of stuff from Cata, but I don't expect anything from MoP, because I know where Blizzards interest lies. It doesn't lie in me, they don't want me to have a good time, they want the asian kid to have a good time. They don't want my enjoyment, they want the asian kid's money.

I really feel like the game just lost it's purpose, it's identity. In Classic and TBC, I felt it was the game in which you did what you wanted to do. In Classic I didn't even raid, I was just happy leveling and exploring. And for a good time it was what I enjoyed in TBC too. Than in TBC I started raiding. Raiding was fun, especially Karazhan. It felt like an open world, a real open world.

With the introduction of Achievements and instant teleport to instance system, I feel like the capital city is the main menu, and than everything else is instanced and not part of the same whole, of the same world.

I expect MoP to disappoint too, if there are still people to disappoint. I expect it to be a huge letdown, especially for the old Blizzard fanbase. Just like SC2 story and D3 are.

+1 - you described what i wanted to tell them and exactly how i thought ;)

Level 14
+1 - you described what i wanted to tell them and exactly how i thought ;)

Well tbh I didn't even read the whole thread. All I read was the first post which was like a copy-paste from somewhere. I just wanted to say my input about all of this as I still have strong feelings about this franchise. :)

Level 12
Well, the only interesting thing is the new old god, garrosh going crazy and the mogu...
I'm not playing it for sure, I tried the original WoW once, and I was unimpressed. But I'd love to read about the storyline

Level 11
Auctually i dont play on original wow :). Btw on their Q&A Panel last year someone suggested them to bring back Illidan Stormrage ( my favourite Hero in Whole Warcraft) and than all people said YEAH!!!!!! and blizzard said we will think about it so im thinking the expansion after MoP can have Illidan :).

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Also this entire deal with "Pandaren does not fit in WoW!" and "OMG Blizz this is becoming a kids' game!" is ridiculous. Considering this is a WC3 modding site, it's unbelievable how many people are unaware of the fact that Pandaren played a role in WC3.

1. I have played wc3 many times and there is one panda or maybe 2 if I have missed something.
2. I dislike pandas in general but the main reason is that they are both ally AND horde you know how annoying this will be in bgs and arenas? "hey mate can you heal me?" oh your ally! *run*

and one question to you, I don't get how pandas have their place in the wc3 lore. that has nothing to do with being a kids game?

sorry for late response lol

Level 3
and one question to you, I don't get how pandas have their place in the wc3 lore. that has nothing to do with being a kids game?

Let me answer your question with another question. How do trolls, orcs, furbolgs or any of the other fictive creatures have a role in WC3 lore? Pandaren are as fitting to the lore as all the other races. After all, Blizzard made the lore and Blizzard made the Pandaren.

Also, you are taking it out of context. The kids' game quotation and lore quotation are in no way related. I was merely using the two to present the reaction the game is receiving. But to answer your question, Kung Fu Panda is the reason for people calling it a kids' game.

Level 11
Let me answer your question with another question. How do trolls, orcs, furbolgs or any of the other fictive creatures have a role in WC3 lore? Pandaren are as fitting to the lore as all the other races. After all, Blizzard made the lore and Blizzard made the Pandaren.

Also, you are taking it out of context. The kids' game quotation and lore quotation are in no way related. I was merely using the two to present the reaction the game is receiving. But to answer your question, Kung Fu Panda is the reason for people calling it a kids' game.

Maybe... but the story of wow ended when Arthas was killed. Now they just add something so wow can continue in expansion and blizzard to take money.

Level 12
Maybe... but the story of wow ended when Arthas was killed. Now they just add something so wow can continue in expansion and blizzard to take money.

Okay, pandaren existed long before WoTLK. They were in the Frozen Throne. Pandaria was always their continent, now Blizzard is just revealing more about it.
And about reviving Illidan... That's the point when wow started failing. When they revived characters on special ways.

Level 11
Okay, pandaren existed long before WoTLK. They were in the Frozen Throne. Pandaria was always their continent, now Blizzard is just revealing more about it.
And about reviving Illidan... That's the point when wow started failing. When they revived characters on special ways.

Hahahaha you really dont know the story go read books man. Illidan never died. And yes pandas were there but they werent in the story. I said the story died with Arthas.

Level 12
You're right. How could I ever question such a genius as yourself Illidan was killed after Akama betrayed him. The only reason why he's getting revived is because Chris Metzen said so. True, Pandaren weren't a major part of warcraft, but there was info about them. I know what you said, and I disagree with you, the story died when they started reviving major characters. I know you have the right to your own opinion, even if it's stupid.

Last edited:
Level 11
You're right. How could I ever question such a genius as yourself Illidan was killed after Akama betrayed him. The only reason why he's getting revived is because Chris Metzen said so. True, Pandaren weren't a major part of warcraft, but there was info about them. I know what you said, and I disagree with you, the story died when they started reviving major characters. I know you have the right to your own opinion, even if it's stupid.

I said illidna didnt died in Warcraft 3 he died in WoW TBC. And yes many people asked he to be revived and he will be. WHY!!??? Because he is the best creation of blizzard, the best character ever created.

Level 3
I said illidna didnt died in Warcraft 3 he died in WoW TBC. And yes many people asked he to be revived and he will be. WHY!!??? Because he is the best creation of blizzard, the best character ever created.

You literally said "Illidan never died". And bringing him back is only something they do because fans who know nothing about the lore thinks he is cool or something. This happens to be the majority of WoW subscribers, and therefor Blizz appeals to them by bringing back their favourite boss (I won't even say character, as most of them know nothing of Illidan's character).

Level 11
You literally said "Illidan never died". And bringing him back is only something they do because fans who know nothing about the lore thinks he is cool or something. This happens to be the majority of WoW subscribers, and therefor Blizz appeals to them by bringing back their favourite boss (I won't even say character, as most of them know nothing of Illidan's character).

Auctually you dont know why they bring him back. Also the players asked illidan to be returned because he is the main Evil in Wc3 than Arthas blabla....
and i think he should be back too. But we will see in the next expansion coming 2013 :). Now 3 days left untill the trailer they said it will be awesome so ill wait and see, i hope i wont be dissapointed.

Level 12
Auctually you dont know why they bring him back. Also the players asked illidan to be returned because he is the main Evil in Wc3 than Arthas blabla....
and i think he should be back too. But we will see in the next expansion coming 2013 :). Now 3 days left untill the trailer they said it will be awesome so ill wait and see, i hope i wont be dissapointed.

Actually Illidan is not so evil... He's a traitor, but he saved others on ocassion, just like Arthas he betrayed his people but Illidan saved them by killing Tichondrius and he saved Tyrande. Arthas after he betrayed his people, he killed his father, revived Kel'Thuzad and did genocide on the Elves. Then he helped in the summoning of the Legion and he was a major enemy of the Alliance and the Horde untill wotlk. Illidan helped the blood elves, he saved the draenei from the orcs, he freed the fel orcs from Magtheridon. He was always trying to kill Arthas and destroy the Scourge, but he was a pawn of the Burning Legion and that's the reason they had to kill him. Also you spelled actually and disappoint wrong.

Level 11
Actually Illidan is not so evil... He's a traitor, but he saved others on ocassion, just like Arthas he betrayed his people but Illidan saved them by killing Tichondrius and he saved Tyrande. Arthas after he betrayed his people, he killed his father, revived Kel'Thuzad and did genocide on the Elves. Then he helped in the summoning of the Legion and he was a major enemy of the Alliance and the Horde untill wotlk. Illidan helped the blood elves, he saved the draenei from the orcs, he freed the fel orcs from Magtheridon. He was always trying to kill Arthas and destroy the Scourge, but he was a pawn of the Burning Legion and that's the reason they had to kill him. Also you spelled actually and disappoint wrong.

+1 Correct auctually i was looking forward since TBC to see illidan in Dungeon but not as boss, as helper like Akama when you kill illidan and in cataclysm there is instance where you return to past. Yeah Illidan is not evil he is traitor to Night Elves but still he is better than Arthas i mean badass. Just didnt understanded one thing and its stupid how a hero can destroy a God since Arthas and Ner-Zhul ( i think it was him dont remember) joined together and becamed Lich King they have God-like powers. Also i readed somewhere that Deathwing was also a good dragon that protected Azeroth but something happened and he was angry and wanted to destroy world and thats Cata story. I really dont know how MoP connects to this but i really like Panda - Monk. I never said Pandas are stupid or arent in WoW i just say the story how it connects after Cataclysm ( hope to see SW and Ogrimmar reworked or added something better).

Level 12
They are not playable characters and pandas shoujld not be either.

Actually trolls and orcs are playable. And to determine which race is playable there must be a reason why it would join a faction, it needs to have unique architecture, a language, needs to be humanoid, yet unique. Pandaren fit in this category and furthermore a playable race must have enough numbers lore-wise. That's why many races are rejected. Pandaren are also not to big and they can wear armor. So before you say that pandaren shouldn't be playable get your facts straight

Level 11
Actually trolls and orcs are playable. And to determine which race is playable there must be a reason why it would join a faction, it needs to have unique architecture, a language, needs to be humanoid, yet unique. Pandaren fit in this category and furthermore a playable race must have enough numbers lore-wise. That's why many races are rejected. Pandaren are also not to big and they can wear armor. So before you say that pandaren shouldn't be playable get your facts straight

Maybe... but im sure there are other races that deserve the place to be playable.

Level 14
You guys now are talking about game design.

Rule #1 about game design at Blizz: What's popular and brings money gets to be in the game as playable content.

Level 14
^That vid is simply amazing!

It's how I feel about the current WoW and it's direction. TBC was such a great expansion for PvErs who wanted a good challenge. Heck I didn't even enter SWP but even so it felt great.

Status
Not open for further replies.