• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heart of the Swarm ending?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Heart of the Swarm ending? (SPOILERS, LIKE REALLY)

I ran across this video on youtube while hoping to find something cool on HotW.

First off, obviously major mother fucking spoiler alert. Granted though I don't really know if this is the real thing, but the watermark is a company that works with blizzard and a lot of it seems legit (unfinished, some concept art scenes).

don't watch it if you don't care to be spoiled just in case it's real but yeah.

edit: videos gone lol, you can still see it here. http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/starcra...18211627437097

edit edit: Looks like that link is gone too, activision is really cracking down on this thing. Kotaku still has it up though, not sure for how long,.

http://kotaku.com/5709838/ending-leaked-for-starcraft-iis-next-chapter

Last edited:
Level 13
Wow pretty badass 1st of all and I love seeing how badass Kerrigan is in a fight she use to just be storm spam to me but now looks deadly... And I kinda hope this is real because it's just awesome.

Level 19
Already watched it. Change the title to include a spoiler tag (Having the disclaimer stated underneath the video won't do any good, put it above and colour it red).

It's important that we don't spoil it for everyone else.

Level 27
Wouldnt be amazed if that was the real ending since I find it being horrible....my faith in blizzard is slipping :(

But I still think its a fake and something better will come later...

I say it was supposed to be ending, but Blizzard scrapped it because of some reason, like beeing too... banal. I mean I'm sure they were already working on HoTS before SC2 WoL was released.

Level 13
So for all who missed it

Basically starts with Infested (yes, Infested) Kerrigan killing a viking and a few marines, then she enters a room where Mengsk is sitting infront of a bunch of monitors. They exchange a few words, then Mengsk pulls out this little advice with which activates some sort of chip or someting inside Kerrigan's head, causing her pain.

Mengsk does this a few times and is about to kill Kerrigan with it, but Jim suddenly shows up in Power Armor, destroyes the device and throws Mengsk across the room. Kerrigan then impales Mengsk onto the monitors, exchanges a few words about and says it's justice and other cheesy flavoured dialogue with extra cheese, and then kills Mengsk.

Then we have Kerrigan and Jim Raynor looking outside, where a bunch of Zerg are flying into a sky (could be a portal, also it could also just be some crazy clouds). Kerrigan gives a cheesy monologue about freedom and how the Zerg are now free from the Overmind and from Kerrigan and they can now do whatever they want and become Bringers of Life (she literally says Bringers of Life) and other horribly bad stuff like that.

Last edited:
Level 9
Too much cheesy care-bear bullsh*ttery in HotS, what the hell happened to Blizzard, or does Activision truly suck this much. It seems like now you're always playing the hero, I mean back before you always had a campaign as playing as part of the evil side (SC1, BW zerg campaigns, WC2 Orc, WC3 Undead campaigns). Now with HotS looking the way it does, virtually all hope is gone story wise for this game, as there is little to no chance you won't start out as playing the hero again in the Protoss campaign (Zeratul or Artanis). I was fine with the story in WoL, cause, I mean its Raynor and the Terrans, sure you'd have to take some cheesyness with it, its the first campaign and they're just humans so it figures they'd have cliche things to say, but now extending that same style to the expansion, to a Zerg campaign... as Cartman would say:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Incorrect, that is not infested kerrigan. Infested kerrigan was much bigger (twice the size of marines) yet the one shown is smaller than a marine (Raynor is about same size as marine in his marine suit).

It is clear that she has retained zerg DNA in herself after the puge wave from the artifact (as seen in her hair in the ending cinimatic) however it is no longer controling her (she has her own free will back).

If you remember zentruls apopiliptic prophocy, the zerg and hybrid unite to destroy the universe. However Kerrigan freed the zerg and thus they will no longer be able to be part of it. Further more the zerg were meant to have whiped the terrans out from the universe so the will no longer be gone at that point in time.

Thus I have a feeling the end mission of the third expansion (as protoss) is you controling Terran (raynor), protoss (zentrul or whoever) and Zerg (kerrigan) to stop the hybrid from destroying the universe and obviously the result would be you suceed.

However, as this leaked before release, Blizzard may change the cinimatic studio and even the whole story at the end to undo the damage this has caused.

Level 13
Incorrect, that is not infested kerrigan. Infested kerrigan was much bigger (twice the size of marines) yet the one shown is smaller than a marine (Raynor is about same size as marine in his marine suit).

Infested Kerrigan was the same size as she was when she was a human. She was definately not as big as a marine, let alone bigger. She was bigger ingame to make her stand out, don't use gameplay as a realistic scale of sizes, or are you implying that Battlecruisers can barely house 3 marines?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Even if her body is still infested, her mind is not.

Also this is probably in preparation for the very final mission of the second campaign, where it will probably be you controling a terran, zerg and protoss base against the xelnaga and his hybrid who want to engluf the universe with the power of the void.

Level 21
Duran for appearance in the Heart of the Swarm. I called it!!!!

Kinda excited with the beta vid, and I can't wait to see it when its all awesome and well done.

Level 6
Should have made Duran the main character of Heart of Swarm imo.

Speaking of Duran, I'm for the "United Earth Directorate" reappearing!

Click and Click 2 - That's right, the UED was only using "1% of its total power level" in Brood War.

HotS is supposed to be a zerg campaign but I wouldn't mind if there were 4 or 5 "bonus missions" for the UED, similar to how they were 4 missions for Protoss in WoL.

Anyway I thought the UED part of the story in BW was interesting; the UED definitely needs to return in SC2.

Having two major terran factions (Terran Dominion and United Earth Directorate) gives us some variety.

Level 9
You can't really bring tech into this since the Terran race in general will always be at pace with each other regardless of faction, and actually since the Brood War, the Dominion is actually weaker in SC2 than it was in Brood War, you have to remember that General Duke was what made their army strong. Duran, I doubt, is a hybrid, hybrid is a very new species that only came into development around the end of Brood War and finally born in SC2, and as Duran himself said in BW, he was around for a couple thousand years, way before the first hybrid came to be.

It is clear that she has retained zerg DNA in herself after the puge wave from the artifact (as seen in her hair in the ending cinimatic) however it is no longer controling her (she has her own free will back).

If you remember zentruls apopiliptic prophocy, the zerg and hybrid unite to destroy the universe. However Kerrigan freed the zerg and thus they will no longer be able to be part of it. Further more the zerg were meant to have whiped the terrans out from the universe so the will no longer be gone at that point in time.

Thus I have a feeling the end mission of the third expansion (as protoss) is you controling Terran (raynor), protoss (zentrul or whoever) and Zerg (kerrigan) to stop the hybrid from destroying the universe and obviously the result would be you suceed.

However, as this leaked before release, Blizzard may change the cinimatic studio and even the whole story at the end to undo the damage this has caused.

Woooo! Way to go, captain fucking obvious :D! I thought we discussed this like... after the end of WoL?

It's obvious that the story will go on like this.

Kerrigan either gets hax that allows her to change between ghost and zerg form, or she'll have to change to zerg again, in order to stop the Dominion.

I believe that the game will unfold like this. Kerrigan joins up with Jim, and they stop the dominion. They take control of both the zerg broods and the dominion, and will ally up with all the remaining protoss.

Together, they will face the hybrids, and either fail, where the Xel'naga will appear, or will succeed, but Kerrigan will take advantage of the situation, in an attempt to take over the world. There, Jim will either kill her, or will try to escape.

TL;dr
Jim joins up with kerrigan and Zeratul to stop the hybrids.

Like I said earlier, hair is a protein, not a cell, which means her hair could be merely a product of Zerg DNA while it existed in Kerrigan's cells.
Blizzard can twist this and give different explanations, of course.
Which means that even if she de-zerg'd, the hair are permanent. Of course, she could shed, and lose them. But why do so? ZERGIFY HER AGAIN!

Level 9
Woooo! Way to go, captain fucking obvious :D! I thought we discussed this like... after the end of WoL?

It's obvious that the story will go on like this.

Kerrigan either gets hax that allows her to change between ghost and zerg form, or she'll have to change to zerg again, in order to stop the Dominion.

I believe that the game will unfold like this. Kerrigan joins up with Jim, and they stop the dominion. They take control of both the zerg broods and the dominion, and will ally up with all the remaining protoss.

Together, they will face the hybrids, and either fail, where the Xel'naga will appear, or will succeed, but Kerrigan will take advantage of the situation, in an attempt to take over the world. There, Jim will either kill her, or will try to escape.

TL;dr
Jim joins up with kerrigan and Zeratul to stop the hybrids.

tl;dr
warcraft 3

Status
Not open for further replies.