• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Smooth Ending Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ok, there isn't really a tutorial on this sort of thing that i can see.
And maybe it's really simple, but it doesn't seem like it to me.
Does someone have an example of a smooth ending trigger?
Maybe I just don't understand the various ways a game can end.
A brief overview would be nice.

What I did for my maps was...

Ok the flying fortress was simple since it was 1v11. player 1(red) is the enemy who is always in the game right? so i used enemy of player one to mean everyone else. so they lose or win, and player 1 loses or wins, depending on the events.
No Problem.

Random unit wars... ok this one actually the map sure has a small bug but just ignore that for now, that's another matter. when the player leaves game his sheep still makes random units until someone attacks the sheep. then sheep dies due to a trigger and the random units stop coming. yeah, ignore that! the point is it's simple to choose ending victory and defeat in this case because you can defeat everyone one at a time when they lose their sheep.
there is an interesting thing to note though, that after the person is defeated he gets a victory afterwards (in other words the other players see player x is defeated and then a message player x is victorious (at the end))...this is related to my third map.

The Demon Hunt Tournament. this map everyone loses and wins at the same time, like the flying fortress map...but in this case there are 2 teams of players. 3 players on one and 9 players on the other. and to complicate the matter further, player 1, 2 and 11 are on one team and players 3-10 and 12 are on the other. i ran into bugs on the way and decided to give up on it and just gave everyone a victory at the end. of course i implemented a short cinematic that more or less declares the winners. so it's not really a big deal. you can tell who wins by the cinematic. it would just be nice if there were a way to make the losers lose easily. i just put it on all players win because trying to do anything else was too complicated and i couldn't figure it out.

so those are my examples. since i'm such an idiot i'll say you can look at those and give me whatever tips you think i need in map making...

well, maybe i'm just having a mental programming block and the solution will come to me and maybe i'm just thinking out loud. in fact as i review what i typed out i feel i might be close to a solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.