• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Hosted Project: The Heart of Storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
heartofstormshostedproject-png.424979

Attention all Warcraft III fans! Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
We are thrilled to announce the latest addition to Hive Workshop's Hosted Projects: The Heart of Storms! This impressive project is a massive undertaking that has been in development for many years and is set to take our community by storm.

The campaign features a sprawling landscape filled with diverse environments, from lush forests to treacherous mountain passes, each with its own unique set of challenges. The map has been built from the ground up, with an immense amount of attention to detail and a focus on providing players with an unparalleled gaming experience.

One of the standout features of The Heart of Storms is its breathtaking visuals, with detailed character models, unique tech-trees, intricate environments, and dynamic terrain that brings the world to life. The map also features a unique storyline, complete with cutscenes and an epic soundtrack, that will immerse players in the world of Warcraft III like never before.

This campaign project is truly a testament to the passion and dedication of the Warcraft III community, and is sure to be a hit among players. So get ready to dive into the world of The Heart of Storms! A public beta was released some time ago! Check it out!

The skies darken and the winds howl as a storm gathers on the horizon. A new chapter is about to unfold in the world of Warcraft, and it promises to be the most electrifying yet. In the Heart of Storms, you'll be transported to a realm of conflict and chaos, where heroes and villains clash in a epic battle. Brace yourself for an adventure filled with epic quests, thrilling battles, and unexpected twists and turns.

authors-note-png.373439

av.jpg

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude to everyone who's been following, commenting and supporting HoS. Honestly, the amount of feedback and input exceeded our expectations and inspired us to go on and on. Thank you, folks, you're awesome!

Now that the final release version of the first campaign is just around the corner, we're releasing a voiced cinematic trailer of Act I: Dusk of Draenor, featuring important story events that we have arranged as a homage to the original Warlords of Draenor trailer, as well as gameplay bits and pieces. Hope you enjoy it, and feel free to share your impressions in the trailer thread: Dusk of Draenor Campaign Trailer

Don't forget all what's shown in the trailer is already available in the current Public Beta, which can be downloaded here: The Heart of Storms: Dusk of Draenor (Public Beta)
But that's only half of the goodies, the other being the annoucement of Act II: Heralds of the Abyss! Dusk of Draenor's story continues in Azeroth as new heroes, villains and opportunistits join the conflict! Set during Warcraft I and II era, HotA features three more races: Humans, Dwarves (and Gnomes) and Goblins, which are already visually finished at the moment... but there's much more to come! Check out the first preview here: The Heart of Storms Act II: Heralds of the Abyss

And last but not the least... The Heart of Storms needs you! We're currently looking for more team members, and one speciality that's needed more than others is good ol' mapper. In particular, as we learned from feedback, there's a popular demand for a tutorial mission in the final release of Dusk of Draenor, but since our team has their hands full of Act I's expanded ending and first phase of Act II production at the moment, we don't have spare resources to divert to it (at least not at the expense of other stuff) and would welcome some help. You can learn more here: The Heart of Storms needs you!

Once again, folks, thanks for being with us! Look forward to more news!
upper-quotes-png.375983

image (1).png image (2).png image.png
image23.png frostfire1.png frostfire2.png

expheartofstormshostedproject-png.424980

It's been a month since Heart of Storms Act I: Dusk of Draenor Public Beta, and as the team is finalizing and polishing last bits of the Release version, they want to announce the next part!

Following Dusk of Draenor that culminates with the opening of the Dark Portal, Act II: Heralds of the Abyss is set during Warcraft I and II era, covering the last stages of the First War and the interbellum when the Horde expanded north into Khaz Modan. A number of canon events will be shown, such as the sacking of Northsire Abbey and Stormwind itself, the invasion of the Badlands, the siege of Ironforge and the climactic battle at Tol Barad. However, in a manner similar to Act I, "historical" events will be shown through the eyes of original characters caught in the conflict and trying not only to survive, but to manipulate its flow.

The story of Arnak Bladeweaver continues as more of his agenda is revealed (and keen-eyed players who noticed a few clues in Act I may have their theories confirmed). Don't expect this to be an orc-centered campaign despite the Horde being an integral part of the story - Arnak's status as a clanless orc makes him seek some unlikely allies.

In addition to Orcs and Ogres (sadly not Draenei, their story in HoS is over... for now), Act II: Heralds of the Abyss brings three more full-scale races to the table: Humans, Dwarves (and Gnomes) and Goblins.

Last edited:
Level 5
Why does this look so weird? On the one hand, the graphics look overly detailed for SD, but at the same time it is completely primitive for HD. This causes a strong dissonance in perception and repels me personally. Sorry for the criticism, but these are the emotions that the project evokes. It just doesn't feel like a Blizzlike."

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I don't know, it doesn't look at all like the project that many people have been waiting for for years.
I am not talking graphics (though those also are not really up to my preferences) but the story etc.

The "original" HoS project's website seemed like it was telling a new and interesting story though we never got to play it.
Now it looks like yet another WC prelude which honestly does not pique my interest at all.

A pass from me even though the original had me intrigued back in the day.
I wish the author good luck, especially with the vast recruitment efforts, nonetheless.

Rommel

Hosted Project: HoS
Level 19
Why does this look so weird? On the one hand, the graphics look overly detailed for SD, but at the same time it is completely primitive for HD. This causes a strong dissonance in perception and repels me personally. Sorry for the criticism, but these are the emotions that the project evokes. It just doesn't feel like a Blizzlike."

If you mean Act II's screenshots, it's specifically stated in the thread that they are taken on unmodified Reforged terrain and are WIP.

I don't know, it doesn't look at all like the project that many people have been waiting for for years.
I am not talking graphics (though those also are not really up to my preferences) but the story etc.

The "original" HoS project's website seemed like it was telling a new and interesting story though we never got to play it.
Now it looks like yet another WC prelude which honestly does not pique my interest at all.

A pass from me even though the original had me intrigued back in the day.
I wish the author good luck, especially with the vast recruitment efforts, nonetheless.

HoS has always been a "historical novel" involving canon Warcraft I and II events as a background for the original story, which remained the same after all this years, and starts in Act I as Arnak's and Rogaar's arcs. That we're making the campaign bigger now doesn't mean we're abandoning any of the original ideas (unless we can make them cooler).
Thanks, nonetheless ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.