• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Great Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
"The biggest achievers had the biggest problems."

"It is better to be crazy than stupid, stupid people do not achieve anything in life, but it is better to be smart than crazy."

"One creates from nothing. If you try to create from something you're just changing something. So in order to create something you first have to be able to create nothing."

"The seeker is he who is in search of himself. Give up all questions except one: "Who am I?" After all, the only fact you are sure of is that you are. The "I am" is certain. The "I am this" is not. Struggle to find out what you are in reality. To know what you are, you must first investigate and know what you are not. Discover all that you are not -- body, feelings thoughts, time, space, this or that -- nothing, concrete or abstract, which you perceive can be you. The very act of perceiving shows that you are not what you perceive. The clearer you understand on the level of mind you can be described in negative terms only, the quicker will you come to the end of your search and realise that you are the limitless being."

"Forget your personal tragedy. We are all bitched from the start and you especially have to be hurt like hell before you can write seriously. But when you get the damned hurt, use it-don't cheat with it."

"Great ideas fade if not remembered"

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."

"The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive."

"Do what you can with what you have, where are you."

"We can never reach perfection"

"We don't need perfection we need contentment"

"Be not ashamed of your mistakes and thus make them crimes"

"An alliance with the powerful is never to be trusted"

"Vikings stand up and fight, because if you run, you will only run tired"

"Adversity and loss make a man wise"

"Beauty is a perception"

"A short life is a illusion"

Last edited:
Level 37
I vaguely remember reading this here at the Hive, but can't remember who said it.
When people tell me "plz" just because it is shorter than "please", I feel perfectly justified to say "no", because it is shorter than "yes".

Screw you guys,
"Mä meen kotiin kattoo mäkihyppyy"
cartman.jpg

Level 5
[16-49-16] ragingspeedhorn: Rui, I have something for you Rui
[16-49-26] ragingspeedhorn: Rui, http://bloggernista.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/gay-couple.jpg
[16-50-41] Rui: ...
[16-50-50] Rui: Damnit, where's the chat clear command -_-
[16-50-57] Rui: ragings, you're violating the rules.
[16-51-03] ragingspeedhorn: How?
[16-51-36] ragingspeedhorn: It's two guys hugging eachother, no genitalia
[16-51-39] Rui: Sex?
[16-51-48] ragingspeedhorn: No sex shown
[16-51-55] Rui: ragingspeedhorn, two naked men, with pleasure faces.
[16-52-12] ragingspeedhorn: We don't know if they are naked or just have shirts off
[16-52-12] Vengeancekael: ;_;
[16-52-19] Rui: Also, that image won't get out of my head now. -_-
[16-52-26] ragingspeedhorn: lol
[16-52-29] ragingspeedhorn: That was the point
[16-52-45] ragingspeedhorn: I could have chosen nasty sex picture, but took PG picture. Just two men hugging.
[16-52-58] ragingspeedhorn: Maybe their favorite team just won the football match
[16-53-01] ragingspeedhorn: And they are so happy
[16-53-08] ragingspeedhorn: They have to take shirts off and hug
[16-53-11] Rui: ...
[16-53-21] Rui: It's obvious by their faces that it's not about that.
[16-53-24] ragingspeedhorn: Me and my friends totally do that all the time
[16-53-37] Rui: 0.o ragings, uber tip.
[16-53-47] ragingspeedhorn: Anyway
[16-53-50] ragingspeedhorn: Have to go pick up dinner, afk!

Level 5
“I have met a lot of hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're twenty minutes.”
“I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect.”
“Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it.”
“I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was "You'll never find anyone like me again!" I'm thinking, "I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you."”

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
'Equating Dire Straits to Pink Floyd is comparable to equating a cone to the pine on which the cone grew.'
“I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was "You'll never find anyone like me again!" I'm thinking, "I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you."”
You are so a virgin ~fladdermasken

Level 12
Practice makes perfect but then again, nobody's perfect, so why Practice?!

Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

{EDIT}
"I just broke up with someone and the last thing she said to me was "You'll never find anyone like me again!" I'm thinking, "I should hope not! If I don't want you, why would I want someone like you."”

Yes, you never find a same person again, in history there was no person like that and never will be. To have a same person the chances are 1:300000000000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
Shit is shit, no matter how you twist and turn it.
Old Friend

"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"
House

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Viktor Stenger

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left"
Bertrand Russell

Level 5
Shit is shit, no matter how you twist and turn it.
Old Friend

"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people"
House
well said... both are very related and speak the truth... +rep
"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."
Viktor Stenger
sry... dont get it... pm me

"Money can't buy happiness but it can certainly rent it for a couple of hours."

Level 5
"War does not determine who is right, only who is left"
Bertrand Russell
To the quote above:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

He who laughs last didn't get the joke.

Everyone needs belief in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
If anyone can show me one example in the history of the world of a single psychic who has been able to prove under reasonable experimental conditions that they are able to read minds.

And if anyone can show me one example in the history of the world of a single astrologer who has been able to prove under reasonable experimental conditions that they can predict future events by interpreting celestial signs.

And if anyone can show me one example in the history of the world of a single homeopathic practitioner who has been able to prove under reasonable experimental conditions that solutions made of infinitely tiny particles of good stuff dissolved repeatedly into relatively huge quantities of water has a consistently higher medicinal value than a similarly administered placebo.

And if anyone can show me one example in the entire history of the world of a single spiritual or religious person who has been able to show either empirically or logically the existence of a higher power with any consciousness or interest in the human race or ability to punish or reward humans for there moral choices or that there is any reason - other than fear - to believe in any version of an afterlife.

I’ll give you my piano, one of my legs, and my wife ~ Tim Minchin

"There are no facts, only interpretations."

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."

"Faith: not wanting to know what is true."

- Friedrich Nietzsche​

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

- Epicurus​

Status
Not open for further replies.