• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Great Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
163576-albums2542-picture45186.jpg

Level 2
"If all else fails, use violence."
"Time is just a continuum, but space interacts."
"There is no good and evil, there is only power, and those too weak to seize it!"
"Trees wilt and grow, birds are here then there, but time just flies."

Level 22
''I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just gonna ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.''

''I would like to help you, but not as much as I would like not to.''

''The box said ''Requires Windows 95 or better''. So I installed Linux. ''

''Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.''

''Worship me or I will torture you forever.'' - Your loving God

Level 10
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
- H.P. Lovecraft

Last edited:
Level 10
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
- H.P. Lovecraft

I'd embrace it, and if Lovecraft's right, I'd take a gram of ganja and Red Bull and 20 hours on the Hive.

I'd like to quote a Hive member now.

"What is logic?"
-Elenai

:ogre_icwydt:

Level 19
Some South Park quotes:

Cartman (on a goat sent to him and his friends by some kids in Afghanistan): It's an Afghanistan goat, so it can't stay here, or else it'll choke on the sweet air of freedom.

Uncle Jimbo: Hell, everything's legal in Mexico. It's the American way!

Eric Cartman: Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.

Eric Cartman: It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a women's separation; this sort of penetration will increase the population of the younger generation.

Newsreader: In other news, a pink eye epidemic is now sweeping the town of South Park. Here with a live report is a midget wearing a bikini.

Level 2
"The human mind is unlimited, but psychology is."
"You know what I mean"
"All things in life have a meaning, no matter how meaningless."
"Heaven don't exist, because it's being non existence. Hell is being trapped in your own guilty feelings."
"Fear of a name is fear of the man itself"
"Lord Voldemort waits"
"Will a prophecy ever come true, if Voldemort haven't believe it? No. It's all cause and effect."
"The consequences are our actions are so diverse, that interpreting the future is a difficult business."

"Doing without thinking is useless"
-Unknown (from quotebook)

:D
"Thinking without doing is useless"
"Doing without thinking is useless"
Both are true

Level 22
"There is nothing on this world that cannot be defeated."
"There is no such thing named 'I fail', the only one exist is 'I was failed'."
"Fail is one of thousands solutions."
"A stupid man is a man that fell on the same hole twice. A normal man is a man that fell once then never crossed the place again. A genius man is a man that never fall, because he'd learnt from fallen men."

Level 2
"Learning to read is different from learning to write"
"Failure is the mother of success."
"Repair your mistakes when you can."
"A stupid man is a man that fell on the same hole twice. A normal man is a man that fell once then never crossed the place again. A genius man is a man that never fall, because he'd learnt from fallen men."
It's 'a wise man', not 'a genius man'. Still register as the same thing, so it's nothing.

Level 10
"Personally, I never talk about hate, nor do I sing it. It's just that I belive that Germany's identity is a bit faded because American products are flooding the market, American identities are superimposed over German ones"

-Till Lindemann on "Amerika"

Level 2
"God and Satan are two very different forces, but if you learn from both of them, you will become very knowledgeable."

Level 10
"Every single madman in history, ranging from Bush to Hitler, from Barbarossa to Stalin, cites the reason of his atrocities as the welfare of his nation. Any one sane person could potentially tell you that such crimes people do not want, but are always stuffed in the unpatriotic resistance."

-Unknown (but it's after 2005)

Level 25
"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! " ~ One Piece

Level 10
"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! " ~ One Piece

Yay!

Level 2
"A day is a day and is not another day"
"Throw a man in prison, and he have no chance to be out. Throw an nigger in prison, and you are dead when he come out. Throw a gangster into prison, and he will break out quickly and kill you. Throw a mob in prison, and you will be dead meat immediately. Throw an enemy soldier in prison and you'll be shot before you know it."
"In other words, leave it to the police!"
"No way, leave it to the soldiers!"
"In other words, the police have pr...what? Super-low-range pistols and a baton? You call that pro? They can't even handle a terrorist attack! You need the soldiers, who are skilled at blasting open doors and throwing the terrorist out!"

Level 3
I guess...

A book should serve as the ax for the frozen sea within us.
Franz Kafka

All warfare is based on deception.
Sun Tzu

"Hello," he said. "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
The Princess Bride.

Level 35
"Only in quiet waters things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world." - Hans Margolius

"You’re going to catch a cold from the ice inside your soul." - Christina Perri

“Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.” - Oscar Wilde

“The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame.” - Oscar Wilde

"An ad hominem attack against an intellectual, not against an idea, is highly flattering. It indicates that the person does not have anything intelligent to say about your message.” - Nassim Taleb.

"Everyone wants to be happy; nobody wants to be in pain. but you can't make a rainbow, without any rain." -May Lee

"There'll be two dates on your tombstone, and all your friends will read 'em. But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em." - Kevin Welch

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." - Aristotle

"Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people." – Nido Qubein

"Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted."
– Randy Pausch

"A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That’s why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet." – Truman Capote

"It is 'music with her silver sound,'
because musicians have no gold for sounding:
'Then music with her silver sound
With speedy help doth lend redress.'"
(Romeo and Juliet, 4.5.137-40), Peter

"I wondered if that was how forgiveness budded; not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night." — Khaled Hosseini (The Kite Runner)

Status
Not open for further replies.