• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Grammar correction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
The mods and coder(s?) do a wonderful job here at THW, however one of the things that annoys me further than "no description" is grammar. Everyone misspells once in a while, but i seem to recall that the site had a grammar corrector, perhaps it was just my web browser. If it was or if it was not, how about making a grammar corrector that corrects your words, perhaps in the manner of word, wich is underlining words that are spelled wrong. Hopefully a such... Program, in the lack of a correct word, would clean up the site from most unwanted grammar.

Perhaps not something needed to the degree of wich it might be added, but i hope im not the only one annoyed by this.

Level 16
Moin moin =)

Ok first of all, I'm one of those, who can't write good english but I have a question:
Make clear, you mean a "word-corrector" or a "grammar-corrector" because it isn't the same as far as I understand.

I use the browser "Opera". It's fast and cool anyway, but it has a corrector to, so it marks the unknown word and give examples, what this word can be.

But anyway, I like this idea for those, who have another browser but also I think it doesn't really solve the problem. As I notice many people doesn't know how to translate there language into the English language, so...

Greetings
~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

Level 10
well, i pretty much mean both, however the word corrector would be the one i mean mainly, however if i use word as reference again it underlines both misspelled words and grammar, using red lines as wrods and green as grammar .

I used Opera for a while aswell, but i recall that it doesn't run java, or was it flash...

Glad the idea is not completely off then...

Greetings
~ The Creepy Dwarf, Krl70

Last edited:
Level 7

Hehehehe, speaking of spelling correctly... hehehehe...

First of all, grammar correction should be impossible - never seen such software that can correct grammar. But word correction? That's possible, you have them implemented in your browser. I deactivated mine, since it was set on U.S. spelling and... well here's the part where my opinions come into play.

Also, instead of editing your posts for mistakes after you press the "submit reply" button, I recommend you just read it before doing that and spotting your small errors xP

Level 10
Hehehehe, speaking of spelling correctly... hehehehe...

First of all, grammar correction should be impossible - never seen such software that can correct grammar. But word correction? That's possible, you have them implemented in your browser. I deactivated mine, since it was set on U.S. spelling and... well here's the part where my opinions come into play.

Also, instead of editing your posts for mistakes after you press the "submit reply" button, I recommend you just read it before doing that and spotting your small errors xP

yes indeed, i have a lot of trouble with wi.., wi... is excactly why we... Or i need such a corrector, and in any case of the browser, wi.. one do you use? i have firefox, but i refuse to use internet explorer. And i don't think most people care about grammar too much, however, words is another case. Have you seen the people with those white boxes? I guess they are annoyed just as much by words spelled wrong as the "Damn words" that we are supposed to type out.

And yes i do read trough, but as one learn to read faster one starts to read words instead of letters. and then it's just to try to edit before anyone sees it :wscrolleyes:, and how do you actually spell wich, and not a wich, but as in: wi** means that we have to...

Level 35
The word you're having trouble with is which. Also, auto-correctors are uncool because some people make deliberate mistakes and / or have their own dialect.

I personally use Firefox and its spell checker, which you can download here. As said above, a grammar corrector is impossible and I tend to think; unneeded for a Warcraft / Starcraft modding site.

Level 10
The word you're having trouble with is which. Also, auto-correctors are uncool because some people make deliberate mistakes and / or have their own dialect.

I personally use Firefox and its spell checker, which you can download here. As said above, a grammar corrector is impossible and I tend to think; unneeded for a Warcraft / Starcraft modding site.

Yes indeed, with the auto correctors, the software is mostly not made with a script for several kinds of english, if you use a basic corrector that is based on british english, it would not allow you to say elevator or good day (both words, as in australian english good afternoon). then it is not required, most people take care of what they write ,however, there sometimes appear posts, in the same style as the signature of belgarath, and that is where a corrector might be used.

thank you, never remember to find out that it was which

Status
Not open for further replies.