• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

God's Word: The True Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
As the star becomes. It all depends on inspiration. To me no one is paying for the work.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
More! More flood! On subject: I do some things related to inventory, but the details later. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
Project News (14.08.2012)
1. Done the system of bags, wearing which you can increase the number of slots for certain types of items. A total inventory has 81 slots. Initially available only 46 of them. When the hero wears a bag, number of slots in a particular section of the inventory increases. For example a farmer wearing bag will discover five slots in the "potions / food."

2. The translation into English is going on!
At the moment, translated: NPCs dialogues 17/38, as well as game books.
Our translation team is doing everything possible to foreign audiences could play the demo.
3. In full swing are under development AI in the game and the transfer of the new scenario.
On a new scenario (consisting of more than 50,000 words), to which I have spent almost a year, all NPCs have much more dialogues. A year ago, the average GW NPC dialog was 5-6 replicas, now this figure had risen to 8-10.
Some NPCs may already be fully respond to the action of hero. For example, if you try to speak with the person sitting on the toilet, you will hear a response like, "Mm-m ... Do not you see? Occupied ... Uh, er ...". And if you get caught on stealing, a dialog appears, in which you will be able to dodge justice, but you will succeed only if you leveled up oratory.
Depending on the NPCs individuality appropriate response will affect the person's reputation.
For the increase/ decrease the person's reputation exist special dialogue which every NPC has a button "showdown." Clicking on it you will be able to use oratory to increase or decrease person's reputation. Again it all depends on the individual.
4. Boss fight are practically done. I just need to make some balance fixes.
In demo version are only 3 bosses. Depending on your choose in one game you may take part in 1-2 battles with them. Of course, i will not uncover a plot, so you didn't see any screenshots or videos.
Completely bosses in God's Word is an individual theme. I emphasize not amount of hp and damage but unique behaviour style and abilities. You can't kill boss just by clicking him with your super attack. Boss fight consists of few parts, depending on which changes enemies behaviour style. This parts changes such as enemies' hp and other factors. In each part boss changes his abilities and behaviour style. Also here is a part of accident, that makes style of behaviour more unpredictable. About abilities, you may duck of each boss attack, that makes battle more gripping and interesting.

Last edited:
Level 7
I also can't wait for the release :ogre_haosis:. But I can not lay out dirty version. :ogre_rage:
By the way, be happy, I found a very active translators. :ogre_hurrhurr:
At the moment, translated: NPCs dialogues 18/38
And yesterday morning, there were 15...

Level 7
History of the project

August 17 the project God's word: The True Way 3rd anniversary! In honor of this significant event, I decided to publish the history of it from the beginning to the present day. I will not paint much detail, I will take time periods in a month.

August 2009
August 17, 2009. Intent, Napoleonic plans and impossible dreams young PUVer creates a small piece of map, invents description of world and creates a Godword RPG topic on one of the forums about WC3. In fact, I did not have anything except plans, no any knowledge in the triggers, no experience in creating rpg maps, no landscaping skill, no clear plan of action. But in the first few days, I said that I would make a cool map and will soon be the demo. Since then, many would ask me for a demo. Then the map looked like this:

5930595.jpg

September 2009
In late August, I hired modeler nick named Sauron9, who promised me to make a new, cool model of main character. However, my expectations, it is not acquitted, and soon Sauron9 disappeared. The whole of September I mostly tried to make dialogues, inventory and a small piece of the landscape of Vilgard.

October 2009
Then a hero had a name - Aldo. But I soon refused it, knowing that was the name of the Putin’s dog. (Ex-president of RF) Remembering my old map I thought to make it into the first act of Godword RPG, finish a little, but what I'm doing right now is called the second act. And posted on the forum here with the following content:
"I want to surprise you!
The project will have two acts!
The first will be a little easier (25% availability).
Screens and the system which I have described in the second act.
Aldo is only 17 years, at the hands of ruthless bandits die his parents, and he went to the neighboring kingdom of humans to his uncle. After arriving his uncle, suddenly wargs attack on the village. Showing bravery in battle with these monsters, Aldo earned general recognition of the village, and the elder advises him go to the military camp .... So begins the first act.
The actions of the second act will begin immediately after the first. Aldo wakes near his home village and remembers nothing. Who am I? Where am I? - He asks himself ... With the passage of the second act will rise ghosts of the past (from the first act) and will return to main characters his lost ability.
The first act will only have one ending, and the ending of the second will depend on the player's choice. Besides the characters from the first act will be meeting in the second. At the same time, begin to appear the rudiments of multiboard and reputation system.
By the way, the idea of moving the pointer with arrows in multiboard I spied in EWIX map. Also, this month, I started think to introduce into game anticheat system.

November 2009
In November, making sure the worthlessness of my old RPG, I decide to abandon the idea of two acts. Then I come up with an idea of books reading, that you can see in the image below:
The landscape appears another piece - a cemetery, as I start to work on the interiors. Many of the standard models is replaced by imports.

December 2009
In December, there is a significant improvement of the landscape. Set of models taken from developments of Kozma, which later played a role in the development of the whole project. Then I start to use experimental model of inventory by ScorpioT1000. The arsenal of characters appear some ability.

January 2010
January turned out to be quite dull. Graphics card broke and I spent almost a month without a computer. Progress of the project during this time along.

February 2010
At this time, there are rudiments of the game world map. Making another improvement of the landscape. Filled the entire playing area. Dialogues are also significantly improved. Made trading system. Sad exclamation marks over NPCs heads no longer use. Also, I'm starting to think different game craft and magic. Even then, I'm starting to feel the pressure from the public, which requires demo. But knowing that the map is a not exactly what they want.

March 2010
In March, I was given a section on the site and the project acquires no small fame. At this time, I'm starting to actively promote the project to another site. The result appears Godword RPG on XGM Modmaking site. In general, from the beginning I was wary of the development team. So did a project for a long time alone, only rarely resorting to some landscapers and scenarists. Then I start to keep a log of the changes, who later abandoned because of the words of one forum guy: "Enough to post about each delivered a tree."

June 2010
I am seriously beginning to engage craft skills. Inventory significantly improved and now contains 72 items. The development of dialogue and quests continue.

July 2010
In July, I keep doing craft skills, and start to stamp various items.

August 2010
August borne fruit. System complete - add / remove spells, 15 spells was done. At the same time I'm starting to add elements of simulator. As a result, I declare readiness - 85%, still not knowing what ideas Is still await implementation.

September 2010
At this point I'm starting to produce bundles of project news, every week, with colorful descriptions and screenshots. Update the landscape, complete systems of: lockpick, stealing, opening graves and reading the script’s on them. This month, I show map on Forum_Russia, he notes that hero's ugly lockpicking without animation. And I decide to correct this defect ...

October 2010
Made random generation of items in chests. 25 buried treasures. I started doing animation for the hero. Even at that time I begin to think about the development team . P.S. Then was invented this crazy idea with a mysterious mini-game, which was the result of a harmless promises to make your RPG with blackjack and hookers!

November 2010
In November, played underground chronicles, I decide to make each NPC unique appearance! Another added game sounds and music, changing system.

December 2010
Invented 9 conditional classes for a demo, and realized multiboard to select. And most importantly, I started to think about the daily routines of characters.

January 2011
Kozma notices that I use his model at my map and asks me for gratitude. Then appeared "Welcome to Farrield...".

February 2011
Added different perks. For example, smoking marijuana, followed by hallucinations.

March 2011
Quests are developed in a text format. Quests increased from 17 to 50. Added oratory, and new system of get / hide weapons, and system of individual reputation. 75% of the NPC is now live on the schedule.

April 2011
Remade system of sleeping. Added a system of waiting like “T” in Oblivion. All daily routines ready!

May 2011
Fixed bugs daily routines. Many new craft skills. I'm starting to prepare for the exam. In the project enters КОЗЬМА to commit graphic remake! This is truly a turning point in the development of the project. In the same month, he reworks the texture of all the buildings, greatly improving the quality of the models.

June 2011
КОЗЬМА reworks 60% of the landscape and most of the models. After passing final exam I decide to rework the scenario.

July 2011
Done the system of cameras configuration. КОЗЬМА continues remake graphics, and I rewrite the scenario.

August 2011
КОЗЬМА completed remaking the landscape and continues to improve the model. I make minor changes to the gameplay, and continue to work on the scenario.

September 2011
Kos94ok came to project as a spellmaker and made a few spells by Jass. КОЗЬМА work is almost completed. I continue to promote the project and to create a theme on the HiveWorkshop. improve music and a lot of new sounds.

October 2011 - January 2012
In connection with the education my activity is very low. Basically I finish the scenario and correct some bugs in the map.

February 2012
Received the first official video of the project. Kos94ok missing, making for a project only two spell. КОЗЬМА activity tends to zero in the last two months.

March - May 2012
I gather the team and call them - Divine Style Team. It mainly consists of the testers and idea creators. All this time, I cannot stop working on the scenario.

June - July 2012
At this time, I do storyline Bossfight’s and successfully finish them at 20 July. Also at this time begins translation demo in English.

August 2012
Done system of bags. I finish a new script, and develop a system of AI related to reaction of the hero...

Evolution of the landscape

2011 before the improving

2011 after the improving

Now

Last edited:
Level 1
Im very excited!!!! wohooo!!! hope it will not get delay!!!!
but i have a question after you finish the map are you gonna still update it or make another project?

Level 7
I found a very old version of the map and added screenshot it to gallery...
:ogre_hurrhurr:

Evolution of the landscape

In the beginning

2011 before the improving

2011 after the improving

Now

Level 7
Now I'm doing routine work: the transfer dialogue from paper to the game, and set the AI for each NPC. It does not surprise you, because everything is already shown and explained.

Level 7
I can't faster completed map, because I want to get player maximum pleasure from my map. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7

News 17.09.2012

Lizards in the map will look like this (see screenshots). The geometry of the model is taken from the game Sacred 2. Animation is currently engaged by KOZbMA. Here is just one variation of the lizard. In the future will not only lizards - men, but also children, women ... Now Lizard Man is naked but then I will clothe him;) Clothes will be of a any spleniums and various amulets and necklaces in the spirit of pagan jewelry.

Level 7
Video shows a models of the goblins in God's Word: The True Way. The geometry of the models - of Sacred 2. Animation transplanted from standard units Wc3.

Level 7
Yes, it takes some time.
All scenarios exist in Word. So while I make maps, translators translate texts. Now translated:
23/38 NPC dialogues
achievements

Level 4
The map is awesome! I can see from the features you put in your post. I like the most is the AI, I dont that you can make people work, sleep and more.... What I mean is I dont see that in most RPG! The Reputation and the Simulation System! Looking forward to this!:thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.