• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gods and Empires- CITY building/RTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Greetings,

The opinions below may be considered off-topic and non-constructive. But in my opinion all parts of a project should appeal to the player and the interested. So, read this with a grain of salt before eventually flaming.

Positive & Negative
+ From the teaser video I can tell the game has a cozy feeling. After some layout edits, imported quality models, tooltip fixes and etc, I can see this map getting far.

- At first I really thought it was some sort of medieval/fantasy civilization game and I was glad. Modern warfare is not my cup of tea, and from experience I daresay it is difficult to keep such imported models to the same "theme". E.g, If you pick some realistic models they won't fit with the cartoon-like ones, etc.

- The visual layout of the thread is too messy for my sensitive eyes. Basic aesthetics thumb rule; stick to a color theme, with a maximum of 3 colors that work together.
Questions
¤ Isn't a meteor strike a little too overkill? What does it do - randomly strikes the surface of the earth and wipes out all units within a radius of 20 000.00?
Sharing is caring.

Yours Truly,
Princess Chizume

Level 3
I dont mind helping test this game, if you want send me a message and a time and i will join you when possible.

Level 20
Nice pictures Pangahas! If it's possible I think you really should do wall upgrades though... towards the further end of the game all the god powers and units we have planned would tear up wooden walls in reality so there should be some kind of upgrade.. even if it's just blessed (by the gods) walls or something, add a special effect attachment???

Level 9
On higher tiers,you could build stone walls and fortified walls.They have higher hp and defense compared to palisade walls..

Level 9
Haha the avatar..my brother did that..
Twas back to school for me this week so I wasn't able to work on the map for the last 3 days.Its Friday here now so tonight up until Sunday AM I'll work on it..Just a few more system modifications and the alpha will soon be finished.I'm on the process of trigger checking,looking for possible things that might not be working, things like that..Just give me a week or so,even though it's an alpha version I want to be sure things run smoothly as they supposed to be.So that in future versions there would be less to fix..Please be patient everyone,I can't wait to finish this map too.If only vacation was 2 weeks longer..:)

Level 9
no i can't. OW! i mean.. uhhh... ya that's cool.

on a less funny note. you could go from paliside to reinforced paliside walls. and buildings should have a deconstruct option (un-build palisides etc.)

Yup,so there would be 4 tiers all in all..Then a custom skill Destroy/DEconstruct building would also be given to all structures,when used there's also a small chance that you'll salvage a small portion of the resources you used for the said building.

you have a date for the Beta or:D? I heard it was in the beginning of 2010:D

There's no definite date yet for the beta..As for the alpha I'm still working on it,like I said on an earlier post twas back to school for me this week so I had less time to work on the map but as of this post I'm on it since last night and hopefully it won't be too long before I release an alpha/demo version..Just be patient hehe.

Level 9
Can i ask how large the gods will be? Could they be Giants? or Just like Hercules and other Greek mythology gods that will fight with his or allied army like normal Warriors but with Super Powers?

They would be like the hero units.So compared to the normal units in the game they would be comparatively larger but not so big..The normal units are scaled down to about 0.6 so proportionally the gods would be more or less twice their size..The Gods can only be summoned(not permanent) and the duration is timed.

Level 9
Great... and are there gonna be godly powers that make something useful and not related to fighting enemies, like you know, summoning the rain that creattes croops near the farm and heals people, or ability that boosts your ships/units...

Yup the God power would depend on the domain of your chosen deity.:thumbs_up:

Level 9
Sorry guys so many things came up lately,had to deal with some personal problems..No the project ain't dead ahm just dormant?
Hopefully things would be back to normal soon.Anyone willing to lend a hand is most welcome.

Level 9
Sorry for not updating in a long time guys.I've been busy with a lot of things lately,schoolwork etc. other projects(UDK modding)..personal matters.I really don't have enough free tym for the map like before.Anyone willing to take the helm for a while?Grey?

Level 9
I'm still working on it but only a few hours every week.I will finish this and when Starcraft2 comes I'll remake it there,coz right with Wc3 I can't really do most of the features I planned for the map.

Level 12
I did not read all the text so tell me if this is written somewhere. But i saw the video and i think you should use different house variations. It should be the same style just with some changes. If you have played Age of Empires II then you know what i mean. Good luck.

Level 18
Huhu, do you really a mapmaker can release an unfinished version of a such project ? It is too awesome to make it public. Maybe he's gonna send it to greynightmare but I doubt he's gonna upload it.

Level 18
What the -- didnt you read that pangahas isnt going to continue this map in warcraft?He said he'll redo it in starcraft2.So whats the point of not shering this version with us?Atleas post a protected version so no one steals your work.

Level 9
I'm still working on it but only a few hours every week.

I will finish this

and when Starcraft2 comes I'll remake it there

,coz right with Wc3 I can't really do most of the features I planned for the map.

What the -- didnt you read that pangahas isnt going to continue this map in warcraft?He said he'll redo it in starcraft2.So whats the point of not shering this version with us?Atleas post a protected version so no one steals your work.

Read Closely!

Level 27
Awesome Starcraft, double-stupid exams.
Pangahas can't make this map becauce of exams, remember? He stoped to make this map not becauce of Starcraft, but becauce of damn educuation system. He told us he's gonna make in Starcraft2 this map too, but I'm sure he will first finish at least some of it in WC3...

Status
Not open for further replies.