• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblins Versus Gnomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
So what do you guys think so far? I've played two arena matches so far, both Priest mirror matches. Shadowboxer owns in priest mirriors. Only really interesting card I got was Blingtron. I was able to combo blingtron with ooze and won pretty hard.

Level 34
Went 1-3 with my first deck. I played poorly, but I also had a pretty bad deck.

Warrior is 1-0 so far, pretty good deck. Should be able to get 5 at least.

Loving piloted mechs.

Haha, the mechs are so strong. They are essentially upgraded harvest golems (if you get lucky with RNG).

Bomb Lobber is easily one of my favorite cards:
http://www.hearthhead.com/card=2067/bomb-lobber

IMO, a lot better than the 4/2 dwarf commando. Only 5 mana, and you get a 3/3 so he isn't too weak. If they have only one target on the board, it is perfect. It can really turn the tables.

Level 34
Yeah, I have him in the deck, but I didn't get him in the one game I played.
Haven't been playing much since I just got into the Heroes of the Storm alpha and I'm trying to finish Divinity.

Level 17
I'm amused Gahz'Rilla ended up being so strong and a lot of other stuff too.
Though I feel kicking up the RNG up so much will be counterproductive to Blizzard's effort to market the game as this legit tournament worthy CCG.

But then again it almost makes me want to return for a bit and do some really dumb deck ideas.
At the moment a lot of the cards just seem hilariously broken.

By far the most favorite card of the expansion for me is Recombobulator which ended up being hilariously insane the time I drafted him, but I also like Jeeves and all the summon-other-card cards.
My biggest let downs are probably the Mage (which is so bad it is sad) and Warrior class legendaries (not that I care about the classes much) but the rest is funny or decent.

I also heard you get 3 free GvG packs which is nice, though I'm afraid that will give you all the commons and you are going to see the same crap OVER and OVER again.

EDIT:
Yep, bought some Recombobulators and they are just insane fun. Put them in my watcher/roar druid and they are just nuts. I just love recombobulating my dying ancients of lore into legendaries.

Last edited:
Level 17
So, what are your deck ideas really ? I have seen a bunch of pretty cool cards but nothing I would like to build a deck around except for the super obvious feign death deathrattle cancer.

I wanted to make a shaman mech deck with Powermace and Zap-o-matics but there is just not enough obvious mech synergy really, apart from the mech who lowers cost of mechs by 1 the remaining mechs are just solid stand alone cards like the Micro Machine or Enhance-O which can work in just any kind of deck.
There are no cards that strictly boost mechs or gain advantage from having multiple mechs save for Junkbot which is quite literally kinda junk or Tinkertown Technician who gains a slight boost if you run mechs but does not make any of your other mechs any better.
Then there is Mimiron's Head for those who like to dream. Even the spare parts are very hard to take advantage of in any substantial way.

I guess you can do stuff with the piloted mechs and feign death in hunter who also has the buffing mech, and maybe try to do something with eh Iron Sensei in rogue ? but not much else with the other classes.
I guess Mechs are going to be popular in the arena, but it is pretty difficult to think of anything for constructed.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

@Talavaj , you know you don't have to play the game :p

E.g. I've kept 3 months off hs now, but I still watch Amaz and Trump and other streams. Sometimes it's difficult to be good in hs by yourself but it's still entertaining to see pros figure it out.

Level 34
I'm in love. I spared some dust and crafted a mage deck. Unstable portal owns. Got Iron Juggernaught and Time rewind from a spare part --> ragequit from the opponent.
First game against mage, turn 2 portal, turn 5 rag. GG. That shit's so broken.

Here's my paladin. Basically ripped straight from kripp. I'll be honest, I suck at making my own decks. This one I'm like 4-4 on. The first 4 games I lost and enver saw a single consecrate where it would have probably won the game for me. Also the mage game above was one of the games, and another the shaman had 2 lightning storms in hand and I never saw my consecrate as I said. RNG owned.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/136675-recruits

Notes on the deck:
Youthful brewmaster and recombobulators own. So much. Especially on guardians of kings. If you look at the potential 7 mana drops, the only bad ones are ancients, and the rest are mostly legendaries or things like war golem.

One time I had GoK out and I used to to trade down to 1 health. I recombob it into archmage antonidas, use a spell to get fireball and end turn. The value is disgusting.

I did make a mage deck that I'll try soon. It uses sheep and ghoals to constantly clear the board early. I figure a super control that owns rush decks would at least go 50-50 in constructed.

Edit: Here's my new shaman mech. Pretty awesome stuff. I think I'm 6-1 on it so far so not much time, but the only loss was hunter and the rest were blow outs for the most part.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/136797-mech-shaman

Notes: Not much to say. A pretty mindless rush deck, but with a lot more mid game than your typical stuff. Loses to hunter because fuck hunters. Not sure about other agro yet. I could see it losing to zoo. Might make alterations to help against agro.

Last edited:
Level 17
But that is not fun :p
I do watch Kripp but only for the entertainment value.

There are many really funny cards added that actually made me just play again for the giggles.
Things like Recombobulator, Unstable Portal and the piloted mechs are just too amusing to not play.

Edit: Here's my new shaman mech. Pretty awesome stuff. I think I'm 6-1 on it so far so not much time, but the only loss was hunter and the rest were blow outs for the most part.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/136797-mech-shaman
That is something I had on mind, but I would probably run Tinkerer instead of spider tank, Enhance-O and Jeeves for card draw.
How is the Fel Reaver by the way ? I feel like it is going to get killed the next turn and discard you 6 cards on average most times when you play it.

Level 34
That is something I had on mind, but I would probably run Tinkerer instead of spider tank, Enhance-O and Jeeves for card draw.
How is the Fel Reaver by the way ? I feel like it is going to get killed the next turn and discard you 6 cards on average most times when you play it.
Tinkerer could be a good switch. I added traded 1 spider for 1 tink.

I really want Enchance-o and Jeeves, but I don't have them. Also if I add Jeeves I might make the deck a bit faster so I get rid of more cards. I don't actually have much early game in here.

Fel Reaver is amazing. the deck is fast enough that I don't care about fatigue. You definitely have to worry about poly, hex, death, etc. but for the most part this deck provides so much threat mid game that they use those and you can wait a bit on Fel. So far he only "lost" me the game once, and I was already way behind. Also, if they do use removal on him, you open up for your Foe Reaper. I once got a Foe Reaper out, winfurry, and rockbiter. I cleared his board (including a just played earth ele) and hit him in face for
9. He lost the game.

Level 17
Interesting, I'm also thinking of throwing in a Reincarnate to abuse the piloted mechs with.
Also, weird. Did you get a free GvG pack today ? I don't believe I'm that retarded to not open packs I have bought but when I logged in today I had a GvG pack on me.
Edit: Ah yeah, they gave out GvG packs as compensation for the bugged arena that still gave out classic packs.

I have got an Echo of Medivh out of it, It is hilarious. Definitely feels better and faster than duplicate.

Kudos to Blizzard trying to make the game more enjoyable for casuals, from the few times I played my troll deck I got to play things like Lorewalker Cho, Thermaplugg, Mogor the Ogre, Neptulon and such. Things I wouldn't play otherwise but drawing them randomly in a match is a lot of fun.
Echo of Medivh even allows you to bounce recombobulated or piloting minions to also use their battlecries and such, quite OP !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.