• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best Arena Decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have been the most successful decks for your arena runs? If you saved them, please share. :)

I have a good grasp of what to get as a rogue, but not so much with other classes. Hopefully you guys can post some decks that worked for you, and what cards were most useful.

Rogue (12-1)
  • (0) Backstab
  • (1) Conceal
  • (1) Shieldbearer
  • (1) Young Priestess
  • (2) Betrayal
  • (2) Eviscerate x 2
  • (2) Sap
  • (2) Bluegill Warrior
  • (2) Defias Ringleader
  • (2) Patient Assassin
  • (2) Youthful Brewmaster
  • (3) Headcrack
  • (3) Demolisher
  • (3) Harvest Golem
  • (3) Questing Adventurer
  • (3) Raging Worgen
  • (3) Shattered Sun Cleric
  • (4) Chillwind Yeti
  • (4) Cult Master
  • (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
  • (4) Sen'jin Shieldmasta
  • (5) Assassinate
  • (5) Azure Drake
  • (5) Darkscale Healer
  • (5) Spiteful Smith
  • (5) Stampeding Kodo
  • (6) Argent Commander
I lost game 2 against a mage (so I started 1-1). This deck is pretty weird. I really didn't think it'd go past 5 wins. It mostly relied on board presence (lots of early-game cards). Betrayal is a great pickup, as is backstab. They are two cards that can be played very cheaply in combination with other cards, so you can turn things around. Patient assassin is also surprisingly good. Sometimes people will skip rounds or try to play around it, and that often gives you enough time to establish great board presence. Conceal is great for questing adventurer (I really recommend conceal if it pops up for you for arena), and sap + assassinate killed the big guys.

Rogue Deck (12-2)
  • (0) Backstab
  • (0) Shadowstep
  • (1) Cold Blood
  • (1) Deadly Poison
  • (1) Abusive Sergeant
  • (2) Betrayal
  • (2) Blade Flurry
  • (2) Sap
  • (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
  • (2) Amani Berserker
  • (2) Defias Ringleader x 2
  • (2) Mad Bomber
  • (3) Arcane Golem
  • (3) Flesheating Ghoul
  • (3) Ironfur Grizzly
  • (3) Raging Worgen
  • (3) Scarlet Crusader
  • (3) SI:7 Agent
  • (4) Chillwind Yeti
  • (4) Dark Iron Dwarf
  • (4) Gnomish Inventor
  • (4) Sen'jin Shieldmasta
  • (5) Assassin's Blade
  • (5) Assassinate
  • (5) Faceless Manipulator
  • (5) Silver Hand Knight
  • (6) Frost Elemental
  • (7) War Golem

This deck is a pretty balanced tempo/aggressive deck. It lacks card draw, which explains the 2 losses. As a rogue: pick up cold blood. It is honestly one of the best abilities for arena, especially if you can pair it with a conceal. Betrayal was great again, and sap/assassinate covered board clear. Also, Frost Elemental is a great pickup. The freeze is very very valuable. Otherwise, this deck wasn't super special. It had a lot of minions and some good weapon cards (assassin's blade, deadly poison).

Warrior Deck (12-2)
  • (1) Execute
  • (1) Abusive Sergeant
  • (1) Elven Archer
  • (2) Fiery War Axe
  • (2) Heroic Strike
  • (2) Slam
  • (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
  • (2) Amani Berserker
  • (2) Armorsmith
  • (2) Bloodsail Raider
  • (2) Knife Juggler
  • (2) Loot Hoarder
  • (3) Flesheating Ghoul
  • (3) Frothing Berserker x 2
  • (3) Raging Worgen
  • (3) Shattered Sun Cleric
  • (3) Warsong Commander
  • (3) Wolfrider
  • (4) Arathi Weaponsmith
  • (4) Cult Master
  • (4) Gnomish Inventor
  • (4) Kor'kron Elite
  • (4) Spellbreaker
  • (4) Twilight Drake
  • (5) Arcanite Reaper
  • (5) Fen Creeper
  • (5) Stranglethorn Tiger
  • (6) Sunwalker
  • (7) Baron Geddon
I lost to an insanely aggressive aggro druid my 2nd game, and a mage somewhere in the middle. Anyway, this deck was pretty interesting. I wouldn't say it is super strong though. Geddon mostly won me games where it had value. Apart from that, frothing berserkers are great to grab. Just make sure you have activators. I lacked activators apart from elven archer, but I really needed whirlwind or cruel taskmaster. Apart from that, warsong commander is a great card if it lives a turn, and arathi weaponsmith is great for early game value. Spellbreaker saved the day with silences, and sunwalker provided a nice taunt. Also, worgen is always a great pickup. It has been in every single one of my 12 win decks--they can win games for you.

And fiery war axe is pretty much one of the best early game cards. It pretty much guarantees early board presence. It is really one of the best cards to grab.

Warrior Deck (12-1)
  • (0) Inner Rage x 2
  • (1) Execute x 3
  • (1) Whirlwind
  • (1) Elven Archer
  • (1) Leper Gnome
  • (2) Fiery War Axe
  • (2) Acidic Swamp Ooze
  • (2) Cruel Taskmaster
  • (2) Faerie Dragon
  • (2) Ironbeak Owl
  • (2) Loot Hoarder
  • (3) Shield Block x 2
  • (3) Acolyte of Pain
  • (3) Raging Worgen
  • (3) Warsong Commander
  • (4) Mortal Strike
  • (4) Arathi Weaponsmith x 2
  • (4) Kor’kron Elite
  • (5) Arcanite Reaper
  • (5) Abomination
  • (5) Azure Drake
  • (5) Spiteful Smith
  • (6) Argent Commander
  • (6) Lord of the Arena
  • (8) Grommash Hellscream

This is really one of the best decks imaginable for arena. I lost round 7 to a paladin, but it wasn't a massive defeat. I was winning for quite some time, but he had double aldor peacekeepers, and he was able to take out my grom without taking face damage. I really needed my acolyte, but I couldn't get him until I had about 9 cards left.

Anyway, this deck is insane. Inner rage got wonderful value (mostly because of Grom), and it activated executes. Whirlwind, elven archer, and cruel taskmaster also acted as activators. War axe was great, shield block kept me up (especially against hunters), and arathi weaponsmiths gave me early board advantage. For the most part, my tactic revolved around grom (get the enemy to 12 hp, then grom + inner rage), but it was still good without him. I was fortunate enough to have 3 executes. Always try to pickup as many as you can, because having 3 allowed me to use some on not-so-crazy units without feeling regret. The 1 damage activators really won games for me--especially combo'd with acolyte. Every time I played him, I got at least 2-3 cards back. And the activators are just fun--e.g. I elven archered my spiteful smith to bring my 2/1 weapon to 4/1 to finish off a 4 hp unit. And you can use it to activate worgen, of course, who single handedly won 2-3 games.

------

Anyway, feel free to share your best arena decks too. I'm curious about what cards you value/what strats you use for a particular class. :)

Level 12
Most of 12 win arena runs (and 9 win before arena change) have been with healing/control Paladin and control Shaman before the UTH rework. Now I'm more for druid, mainly token or heal and big taunts.

Going to edit when I've got screenshot of new 12 wins.

Level 8
Just to mention, I don't remember any of my really good decks, but my most memorable deck went 1-3. It was a Warrior with literally 1/3 of the cards weapons. I don't remember the non-weapons, but I had 5x Fiery War Axe, 3x Arcanite Reaper, 1x Upgrade, and 1x Arathi Weapon Smith. The first match I queued into, my initial hand was 2 Arcanites and a Fiery War Axe, after mulliganing the Reapers, I drew 2 more War Axes.

Level 17
Mage, all you need is a zoo and a bunch of flamestrikes for 12-0 run, or a paladin what you need there is some more zoo and consecration+equality.
Just get a good mana curve and strong late game and that is about it. Most classes won't be able to beat you if you will keep playing one ogre after another.

I did try to replicate your rogue success and it didn't go half bad (I went gold profit at least) but didn't get too far either, possibly because I didn't have any weapons sadly. Though I can see it being pretty viable, going steady and holding board control while removing the early threats with a bunch of backstabs.
But from my experience it completely runs out of steam in later game.

Last edited:
Level 8
Just got a 12 win Rogue.

aLU0Cw8.png

Fairly balanced Rogue deck, with some aggro cards, but also decent mid-late game with Cairne and Stormwind. Basic idea was to barely scrape by the early game then snowball into bigger cards and keep really good board control throughout. As I mentioned, the one big problem was the first few turns, since my only two drops were Defias and Loothoarder, both getting wrecked by 2/3s. The second game I lost at 11-1 was against a 10-2 Priest (whom I actually played again the next game) when he turn 1 played Amani Berserker and proceeded to Power Word Shield it the next turn. I only got board control at around turn 6, but was down 20 or so life. And then all the Temple Enforcers came out and I was really sad. But overall, I was lucky not to run into any Hunters or Warlocks, and pretty much crushed my way through all the Mages and Paladins.

Level 24
Sadly I do not play arena I've always found normal games much more to my liking. I have a total of 26 arena wins and I think my best was either 6 or 7 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.