• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Goblin Village Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Soon I hope you will be able to play a beta or something. Btw, right now the terrain is being remade /again/. The village is getting even bigger and more spacious.

HAhaha, I see you've read my tread! :D

Indeed, it is a really good choice to make the terrain more spacious... since it's a hero defense, and we have to be able to move our heros around even with enemis everywhere.

btw (a village on a massive plateau = MY IDEA! :D) that way we won't have the same kind of terrain and the same kind of strategy... wich will make player try both maps for fun! :D

Level 15
HAhaha, I see you've read my tread! :D

Indeed, it is a really good choice to make the terrain more spacious... since it's a hero defense, and we have to be able to move our heros around even with enemis everywhere.

btw (a village on a massive plateau = MY IDEA! :D) that way we won't have the same kind of terrain and the same kind of strategy... wich will make player try both maps for fun! :D

Well, I still keep my island idea. Will try to make it a little be more ... terrainy, you know - random low/raise.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:
All spell descriptions are changed. Now they look much better and are much easier to edit :)
Only the Vagabond Ultimate spell remains. Suggestions, please?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit 2:
Improved the description of the merchants. Added the 'Banker'
Revealed first items! Check 'em out ;)

P.S.1 I need a modeller ....

P.S.2 Suggest ideas for explosive items! 3-4 more needed! Please, post your ideas :)

Last edited:
Level 14
Windu, I got no time for now, I'll come in with ideas tomorrow.
Tell me, the crazy sapper should have some kind of "Bombing Device".

'Night,
~Herian

Level 14
Hi again!
Bombing items, you said? Ehehe..
:: WANNA SEE A CORPSE GO BOOM?! ::

Sonic Bullet : This Sonic Bullet is a bullet that, strangely, does not need any weapon : You throw it, and it explodes, emitting a sonic sounds which noise is so hard that it affects the target's mind, making him attack his own allies for a short period of time. And for the other units nearby, it does not do the same, but it damages them and slows them.
Cost : 4500 (Powerful item)

Sapper's Secret Toy : --> If you have quests in your map, this should be an item retrieved from a quest, thus meaning this is a quest reward, having no cost <-- The Secret Toy the Goblin Sappers guarded. Now, the time has come for you to use it. Launch this somewhere, It will create a "Toy" that will create smaller "Toys" that attack nearby units. The smaller toys lose 10 health per second (they have 500) and when their health reaches 100, they explode dealing damage to units caught in the explosion. The Toy lasts until the launcher himself dies, or after 100 seconds.
Cost : 0

Goblin Acid Turret : Creates a Turret in a desired location. The turret, that has 8 guns, throws acid to all nearby units.The acid is combined with slime, thus making the units hit slower, and sometimes stuck to the ground if hit too much.Lasts until the launcher dies.
Cost : 8000 (Very Powerful Item)

Here it is!

Level 15
Woot !!!
The secret toy and the sonic bullet will be implemented right away! :)
That will look like hell :D Those tiny choppers attacking everything :D
The acid turret, well I already have a turret planned, though a different shop will sell it.

10x! Will update soon.
Some ideas for the Vagabond's ultimate would be helpful, too.

P.S.
I will start your spell, too :p

Level 14
1 . Hey! Lol woot. Glad that you liked them :D

2 . Sorry, didn't find any ideas for the vagabond, I need to know what is he, (assassin, etc) and damagedealer/spellcaster.

P.S :

Level 15
1 . Hey! Lol woot. Glad that you liked them :D

2 . Sorry, didn't find any ideas for the vagabond, I need to know what is he, (assassin, etc) and damagedealer/spellcaster.

P.S :

Well, yeah.
The Vagabond is an assassin. Read his spells (4 ready) in the first post of the thread. The ultimate must not deal damage. (Otherwise it will be too imba).

Btw, the special toy is already done ^^

And about the spell:
I got totally confused. Mind explaining what exactly do you want me to create? (Channelling, nova, circle, random ?! I really did not understand)

Level 14
Well, I'll explain it totally, although it's not the correct place for this.

The spell, will be channeled for 2 seconds, then it creates 10 moons around the hero (with a 600 range distance).The moons stay in the place they are. every 2 seconds, the moons cast some kind of war stomp without stun, and a spell that heals everyone inside the circle. So, basically, every moon deals damage to ALL enemy units inside the circle, and heals ALL ally units inside the circle. Every 5 seconds, one of the moons remove. The moons are removed in a clockwise order..
You understand now?

EDIT:
Back to topic:

Vagabond Ultimate

Wind&Lightning : The Vagabond goes hiding, and creates an exact copy of himself. The copy attacks and deals damage normally, while he, hiding, goes to strike a target. The copy has an envenomed attack, and when The Vagabond attacks, if the target is envenomed, will recieve double the damage. Then, the copy disappears, and the Vagabond becomes normal again.
Effect : SPAWN COPY (100%ATK,100%DMG[POSITION OF HERO]; HAS ENVENOMED ATTACK) ; VAGABOND DISAPPEAR (50%SPEED,150%DMG, WITH BUFF 300% OR 50%SPEED,300DMG, WITH ENVENOM BUFF 600DMG.)

Note : The copy dies exactly when the hero attacks. The hero stops hiding when he attacks.
This is a ultimate. If you did not like this, I may try to make another one.

Last edited:
uh, Windu, here's the WiP of what you requested
The Tesla Tinker

Still need to add some touch ups (Lightning etc)

attachment.php

Attachments

• rawr.png
    rawr.png
    180.1 KB · Views: 433
Level 15
Very cool looking!
Except adding lightning and stuff, can you replace the tool he is carrying in his hand (can't remember the name in English sry xD) and add a gun or something :? (Lightning weapon)

Oh, and can you put the alchemist ogre eye-thingie ? You know, what the alchemist ogre wears on his eyes

Edit:
I am working on the terrain. Again. Gonna make it look more ... you know, abandoned-ruined-old-race-temple-like :p

Last edited:
Oh, and can you put the alchemist ogre eye-thingie ? You know, what the alchemist ogre wears on his eyes

My engineer model! D:

I'm fine with it, as long as you do not copy 100% the head. or the backpack, or anything related to this guy, but the glaces it's okay, cause I actualy got the idea from the Rizz_Boomer goblin worker model.

Level 14
Lol. :p hard to make two games that are almost EXACTLY the same without having a little bit problems x)

Lol. :p hard to make two games that are almost EXACTLY the same without having a little bit problems x)

It is the same base Idea, Goblins on an island that have to defend themselfs.. but beside that, there's nothing really close from each other's project.

The classes are different, the marchent are different, the spells are different, the items are different. Beside, me and Windu have been talking lately to make shure we didn't made the same stuff. Some nice concepts he has, I won't make them in Goblin's Tale and Vice versa.

(Sorry about being off-topic).

Now that has been said, it's 2 completly diffrent projects.

And nice new heros again Windu. Tought spell descriptions could be cool! :D

Beside we all know Windu based the concept on Goblin's Tale, but it doesn't mean that his map will be the same, only with the informations Windu gave about his map, the 2 projects are Completly diffrent.

and indeed.. goblins are mostly engineer, alchemist or tinkers.. so there's no real suprise about that. The day I will see a goblin Paladin or a Goblin Priest I will laugh hard.

Level 14
and indeed.. goblins are mostly engineer, alchemist or tinkers.. so there's no real suprise about that. The day I will see a goblin Paladin or a Goblin Priest I will laugh hard.

I'm gonna make a map. I'm gonna put a goblin paladin and a goblin priest, fighting an undead holy priest and an orc huntress. I hope you'll like it. Also there's gonna be human liches, and night elf headhunters.

Level 15
Hehehe orc huntress :D:D That sounds neat!

And yeah, our goblins maps are different. Different heroes, different items, different terrain (mine is a god-damn island which will consist of several zones, he has many islands.) and different almost everything.

Btw screenshots of my new terrain idea will come soon ^^

Level 14
Yeah right, almost everything besides the idea ;)
So yeah I guess, two different projects.
And don't forget, if you need anything call me!

Tesla Tinker finished
Base it on the Tinker Hero
then change the following settings
Art - Projectile Launch X = 45.00
Art - Projectile Launch Y = 0.00
Art - Projectile Launch Z = 110.00

so using abilities (especially those that have lightning effects) it doesn't look wierd :p

here's a preview of the Attack Animation :p
attachment.php

Give meh another tinker idea :D

Attachments

• Preview.png
    Preview.png
    94 KB · Views: 726
  • TeslaTinker_Portrait.mdx
    38.1 KB · Views: 93
  • TeslaTinker.mdx
    227 KB · Views: 148
Tesla Tinker finished
Base it on the Tinker Hero
then change the following settings
Art - Projectile Launch X = 45.00
Art - Projectile Launch Y = 0.00
Art - Projectile Launch Z = 110.00

so using abilities (especially those that have lightning effects) it doesn't look wierd :p

here's a preview of the Attack Animation :p
attachment.php

Give meh another tinker idea :D

O.O

epic model! now I'm jealous :D
Good job Supertoinkz!

And really nice addon to your map Windu.

Level 15
Now that is an AWESOME technocrat !!!!! It will deffinitely be used as a model for the technocrate hero :)
10x!

Expexting the steam-punk version, if you want to make it :D

Edit:
1. Here are the first 11 screenshots of new terrain! Features different heights; 3-level island; a few smaller islands which will have their purposes; more spacious!; detailed goblin theme; more ruins (to follow the story :D)
2. The Vagabond ultimate will be updated in a few minutes.
3. New items are already being made. (Each hero will have its own unique item, which he won't be able to carry more than one at a time and no other herro will be able to carry it)

Leave suggestions and comments on the terrain!

1. Here are the first 11 screenshots of new terrain! Features different heights; 3-level island; a few smaller islands which will have their purposes; more spacious!; detailed goblin theme; more ruins (to follow the story :D)

Leave suggestions and comments on the terrain!

NUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Seing dead goblins, makes me want to cry!

cool new style, altough you need abit of trees in that, and a fog of war too :D

Level 15
Well thanks for the reply :) Here we go:

1. Well the dead goblins will be on the two "port-islands". These will be the spawn points for the alliance and the vile dead. The poor guards there were massacred and their shipyards blown to smitherines.
2. You are right about the trees, mind giving me some advice how to interlace it correctly? I just can't think about where to put the trees....
3. Well, if this was a terrain-showcase, I'd put a FoW and stuff. But since this is a screenshot of a playable map, it does not matter.. Or does it ?

Well thanks for the reply :) Here we go:

1. Well the dead goblins will be on the two "port-islands". These will be the spawn points for the alliance and the vile dead. The poor guards there were massacred and their shipyards blown to smitherines.

k cool!

2. You are right about the trees, mind giving me some advice how to interlace it correctly? I just can't think about where to put the trees....

Sorry, can't really help you about that.

3. Well, if this was a terrain-showcase, I'd put a FoW and stuff. But since this is a screenshot of a playable map, it does not matter.. Or does it ?

Oh YES it doesn, you can set the FoW like you want, and it gives an epic fealling to you map too! just like Diablo 3 terrans, made by Cloud Wolf or goblin's Tale terrain made by me.

it brings ALOT!

Level 14
I liked the terrain.
@GameCrafter_DK : Vagabonds can be poor mans. But they can also be poor mans that became mercenaries.

Level 15
He's a little nasty scoundrel, that vagabond goblin. U'll see when the map is playable. ^^

Terrain : Added 3 screens with the new lightning/FoW effects. Should look much better. (I won't replace all screens, just image the FoW/light on the others as well)!
I also took Mr. Goblin's advice and added some trees here and there. Looks better now :)

Level 15
Well, I'm using the panda for now ... until I find someone who can make me a banker goblin. I don't like him either :D

And the potion dealer should be a goblin... goblins are alchemists after all :D
----------------------------------------------------------------
Finally finished the Vagabond hero!!! (Thanks to Maker)

All 7 heroes are complete now!
The terrain looks complete, too!
Expect new items!

Level 15
Can you give the map to me, please? xD
I want to see the whole map, not just some screenshots.

Just wait some more time. I will soon release an alpha-test version of the map. (Which will include several waves only, but all 7 heroes and possibly all items.)
From that moment tthe balance/bug-fixing part starts :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Revealed more items!

Need suggestions for some of them (their description contains "[....]"). Please post suggestions for those items' abilities. 10x!

Level 15
Well.. I dunno about this :?
THey look quite ok, but perhaps I should lower their count. I'll try like that :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later tomorrow more things will come.

Level 9
Hey about the items with [...] if you don't know what to do I have some ideeas.
Dagger: Gives 10% chance to the Vagabond to jump in the enemy's back, stunning him for 2 seconds.
Katana: Gives 10% chance to pulverize all units in 300 AOE dealing damage and slowing their attack speed by 15%.

Status
Not open for further replies.