• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Goblin Village Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
@ Herain and Illidan
Soon, you will beta-test. :) I will to.

@supertoinkz
well, a steampunk-gera goblin, hat was the model I wanted

The beast tamer model is cool... it's a beastmaster with a goblin face.. what's wrong ?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Engeneer Bramz finished!
Gix Goldenbarrel reamaining!

Edit:
If someone can do a bette beastmaster/ edit the beastmaster, I'd appreciate it!

Level 15
@ Gamecrafter
Teah, but I asked him to do a steampunk version of the tesla tinker... and I still need that :D Ofc, if he could at leat improve the model of the beast tamer, I'd gladly send it to him.

@Illidan
I play on Bnet Europe and on Garena. I'lll definitely invite u to join, when I start hosting it :)

Level 14
I play on Garena, with the same name . . . if I remember right your account name is The_Warplord, right? xD.
(CAN'T! let myself do typos like you're instead of your.)

Level 14
Lol man! But you had project members, so you can ask them to send you the file?!
Windu, so that means few days? AWEEEEE! SOME!

Level 9
I had, but as I said the project was in the begining, so I didn't send the file to any one.
I uploaded it on MediaFire, but instead of the file I uploaded a shortcut of it . . .
Sad . . .

Level 15
Big Progress!

1. New items revealed!
2. Random Hero pick initated!
3. Chest system initiated!
4. Bank system initiated! (Still searching for ideas to improve)
5. Gambling system initiated!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Please I am in a NEED of ideas! Suggest systems or suggest how to improve the bank system! (make it more goblin-like)
I will give you +rep!

First playable version is almost ready!

Edit:
Mining/ore/crafting system will be implemented soon! I have a cool idea about that ;) Just wait and PLEASE post suggestions for other interesting systems and stuff!

Edit2:
I am also thinking of adding a weather system. Things like rain/wind/for/sunlight/thunderstorm/meteor shower. This is one of my cool ideas :p What do u think ?

Edit3:
1. The bank system will be improved by adding these features:
  • Lottary Chance System. (You will learn about it ingame.) (50% completed.)
  • Loyal-Cleint Gift System. (You will learn about it ingame.) (20% completed.)

2. The minig/crafting system is being developed. For now it contains 3 ore-types and 0 craftable items. (Mining - 100% completed, Crafting - 0% completed)

P.S. Please SUGGEST other system ideas!! I want to make my project diverse and fun :)

Level 9
Hm . . . Maybe you can do a "bet system"? It's like I give 20 Gold and I bet I'll kill 10 enemies this wave. If I win I get double, if I lose I get nothing . . .

PS: You did 2 Bombermans in the description.

Level 9
That sounds interesting :)
Information: Can you please be more specific of how you think this system can be implemented?
Well, I pay a number of gold. After that, the game will load a number that I don't know. If all the kills I've done in the next wave are equal to that secret number I will get double gold that I first paid.
How To Do: I don't have deep knowlege in triggering, but I suggest something like this:
After I pay the gold, I will get an item. The item will increase it's number with every kill I make. In the end of the wave the game will show me the secret number. If my item number is equal to that number then I'll get the gold.
I know this sounds a little hard, but it's just an ideea.

Also, what do u think about the weather system? Will it make the game cooler ? :?
I still don't understand what's with this "weather system". If you can explain it to me . . .

Level 15
Systems:
  • The bet system is quite... not benefitial, you see... It's really hard to guess a number like that. The chance of getting something by this system is once in every 20 games. :)
    But your system can be quite usable if it uses the following idea: The hero starts a bet (buys a betting dummy item) for 5,10 and 15 kills. If the hero manages to reach [greater than or equal] the amount of kills in the next wave - the hero wins something.
  • The weather system is based on a random chance to create weather effects. For exapmle: Rain (slows units a little on the entire map); Fog (gives a chance to all units on the map to miss); Sunlight (gives bonus HP regen to all units); Meteors (a few meteors fall at rondom points, dealing damage if there is anything where they fall); Thunderstorn = Rain + Lightning and so on... What do u think?
  • Suggest something more, that won't be related to money, if possible :) I really appreciate your help

P.S. If you are willing, I want to run a closed test to see whether my systems are fully MUI/MPI so if you are interested in playing with me right now - PM.
P.S.2 +rep for ideas!

Level 15
Update:
  • I completed the ''Loyal Client'' Gift System! It works 100%.
  • I had to change the idea of the lottery system, so now it's 60% done.
  • I fixed a bug with the gamble system.
  • Started working on the weather system.

I am still accepting system ideas! Please post them here!

P.S. Thanks to Illidan_Hunter for testing with me and helping me fix the first known bug :p

What about some prankster goblins, that possibly, want to help the cause, but instead attack the players, maybe not on purpose. It could be, that they wanted to start an avalanche, to wipe out a wave of enemies, and uncover a cave, wherefrom some ancient golems or something spawn for that wave. Just to push on a story. Or failing cluster bombs, that blow up, letting bombs rain periodically throughout the wave from the sky! I think this map needs a biiit more Chaos, :D c'n nevuh get enuff! :D

Level 15
Chaoz .. eh.. I'll think about it, thanks, Gamecrafter :) But still.. there has to a point in this chaos, no?

Edit:
1. Just finished the lottery system.
Let me explain it:
Each lottery draw is held every 5 minutes. During these 5 minutes all players can buy up to 10 tickets each. When the timer runs out, there is 35% chance that players will have a chance to win a prize. If these 35% chance turns to true, than each player has a chance, equal to (5 x his number of tickets) to compete. If there is at least one player who gets this chance, a final mechanism draws a random player from all who reached this phase and he gets the prize, which is [55 + (55 x Number of Draws with no winner)] gold. Ofc, if somebody wins, the prize is set to 0.

2. Just thought of a cannon system. So that you can load the cannons/trebuchets in your base to fire for some time. (After that they are reset to neutral passive, again).

3. Will start working on the crafting system soon. (The mining is already finished)

4. I'm waiting for more suggestions...

Edit2:
1. Just installed the weather system. It's only use for now is to create a little bit more realist.. as weather changes. I thought that adding effects on units will compilcate the game too much.

2. Tested the lottery system. It works. (I didn't win, damn :D)

Level 15
but toy robots are my ideas! D:

Yeah, I know. That's why I won't use toy robots. Perhaps big big ones, but only rarely.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, the first 3 test-waves are already created. Soon the alpha will be released...

P.S.
Check out the group: "The Daily Peon" to see more cool goblin-stuff :D [Terrains and battles which I am making/will make]

Level 9
Alright, I have some news: The 'Legacy of Goblins' project has been started again from zero.

@Windu
Well, the map it self it's awesome. Hope you fixed the "Ogre BLood Potion" glitch, lol. :D

Level 14
Yeah! Illi got his project back nanana :D
Looking forward to these projects (Windu's and Illidan_Hunter's) ^^

Level 15
Hello again forum!

I have a big problem... I need a team of testers in order to further create waves/creeps. It is impossible for me to evaluate how 6 players would perfeorm against a certain amount of enemies when I play solo....

PLEASE: I NEED TESTERS! Anyone intersted - please say it here!

(I play on both Garena and B-net Europe, my acc is: The_warplord/Warplord)

Level 9
Hi! I've been keeping an eye on this project for quite some time. Everytime i logon to hive, the 1st thing i check is the 1st page of this thread [: Keep the updates coming.

I didn't read through all the pages, but i would like to suggest 1 thing:
- Make wave difficulty scalable.
-- EG: 1 Player, lesser health on enemy, 2 player, double the health

So that players can play alone or with 3 friends, or full house [: Just my suggestion though, because i hardly see any maps that do this.

+Rep for the awesomeness :D

Status
Not open for further replies.